REWB
Lex
KMD
RealGunner
Jay29
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat Empty Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat

Post by Jay29 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

That was a far-cry from the pounding that people expected, wasn't it?

Comparing the two teams before kick-off, you'd have been forgiven for thinking City had the better quality and would probably win the game. It was that quality that told, in the end, as for all of Arsenal's efforts and determination, they were lacking in the final third.

The defence was rarely troubled by Kolarov, Johnson, Nasri and Dzeko. There was the odd ocassion where Johnson had the beating of Miquel, but other than that I don't recall City really carving us open and being threatening going forward.

Of course, we weren't that much better. Though we had a lot of the play in City's half, we seldom carved out any decent opportunities other than Coquelin crossing for Park, who should've scored but didn't get a decent enough connection on the ball.

It was a game of few chances, and the game was mostly a scrappy one in midfield. Coquelin and Frimpong scrapped and faught all game, and used the ball well, too. Unfortunately, for all the industrialism, we were toothless going forward. Chamberlain showed flashes but struggled to get enough balls into the box, while Benayoun struggled to get involved in the game from the left. Chamakh looked livlier than he has been but didn't connect well with his strike partner, Park.

It seemed that because of this, the game would go to extra-time and most likely penalties. The only way it would be won would be from a moment of quality, which unfortunately came from City and not from us.

The corner kick leading to the counter wasn't a great one, but Arsenal really shot themselves in the foot when two players dived in to disposess Dzeko, but both missed. Arsenal were always labouring from there - Djourou, in particular, didn't go all the way with Aguero who eventually rounded off the counter.

Ultimately, it's just one of those results you have to take on the chin and move on from. We lost, but played well and it's only the Carling Cup. The main focus this year is to finish in the top four, not to win a trophy.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 pm

We were the better team by FAR

Frimpong and coquelin :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 1 Manchester City: Arsenal unlucky in defeat

Post by KMD Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:02 pm

it was a nice counter, that's why crosses are gotta be good inside the box... we had plenty of them but not a real threat. Sucks when little mistake makes the day, because we played our hearts out and even chamackh played his lungs out! don't know why he didn't get subbed in, chamberlain should've stayed... just my opinion.

good game overall... city did their job, defended well and countered.
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 pm

Really wish i could drop a few F bombs right now
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 pm

chamakh :facepalm:

honestly the way wenger was shouting at him after that miss. he will not be at arsenal for long, which is good.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 pm

We lacked one thing: A quality striker

Park was invisible; Chamakh's efforts were rarely up top.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm

and a new striker should be coming in.... because park is not better!
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Park made Chamakh look like Ronaldo Lima by comparison

Our clear lack of back up strikers was unveiled for the world to see. Bentdner would have been ideal tonight

Last edited by Lex on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:06 pm

city are shit, even with their main players i bet we beat them when we face them if rvp plays. coquline is incredible he will be world class imo. its so obvious.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

park deserve more chances i still have faith in him, but not chamakh he need to go man.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

AOC, Frimpong and Miquel really impressed me.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:08 pm

Chamakh, why you no win headers no more??

I'm actually pretty happy with the performances of most of the boys today, but unfortunately we seemed to forget they were capable of scoring too (shown by that two-person-slide tackle when our defenders should have been running back to goal) and it cost us. Well, that and the fact that none of our strikers played well...

I know we've been linked with all sorts of midfielders for January, but we really need a high-level striker. I'm willing to give Park a chance to prove himself, but Chamakh just doesn't look useful out there any more. We need better depth.

It's just the Carling Cup, but I really wanted us to win it this year Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

wow, do we miss bendtner? lol

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't blame Chamakh really, all our corners were shit and we didn't even provide good crosses from the wings for him to latch on (bar that late one in injury time)

We either play to Chamakh's strengths when he's on, or not bother trotting him out at all
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Lex wrote:I don't blame Chamakh really, all our corners were shit and we didn't even provide good crosses from the wings for him to latch on (bar that late one in injury time)

We either play to Chamakh's strengths when he's on, or not bother trotting him out at all

what are his strengths? he cant do SHIT
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm hearing that Frimpong and Nasri had a bit of a fight in the tunnel after the game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Bendnter>>>>Chamakh. I said that last season and im sticking with it.

but yea no point in that debate.

We need to get pudolski in

and LOL at frimpong
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm

id rather have park in their because at least he can pass and move the ball quickly, chamakh is just......I DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS!
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Both were crap today though

difference between Aguero and Dzeko and Chamakh n Park.

rvp would have had a hatrick, not even exaggerating.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm hearing that Frimpong and Nasri had a bit of a fight in the tunnel after the game.

frimpong, lol him and wilshere WILL be arsenal legends
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Bendnter>>>>Chamakh. I said that last season and im sticking with it.
Bendtner is world class :coffee:

Seriously though, I agree with you, and I did last season as well. I was quite disappointed when he said he never wanted to come back.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Both were crap today though

difference between Aguero and Dzeko and Chamakh n Park.

rvp would have had a hatrick, not even exaggerating.

i know they were both crap, but park is new to the team and we HAVE to give him time, i see a bit of potential in him, i KNOW he can improve, because you can see little clicks and little moments of good ball movement and play. i dont see that in chamakh, you dont get that vibe.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 pm

Done with the first post.

Can't be arsed to do player ratings tonight.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:27 pm

couqlin-8
frimpong-7
AOC-7.5
benny-7
kosi-7.5
miguel-7
the rest were mehh and kept on playing bad and giving the ball away at times.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:29 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Lex wrote:I don't blame Chamakh really, all our corners were shit and we didn't even provide good crosses from the wings for him to latch on (bar that late one in injury time)

what are his strengths? he cant do SHIT
Heading the ball..? Suspect
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next