Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

+31
billy_gr
Kev
CBarca
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
Cotes
The Franchise
Jeps33178
Albiceleste
punkfusion1992
Valkyrja
VanDeezNuts
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
McAgger
Tomasso
StevieRayVaughan
jibers
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
S32TABLANCA
Amar
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Grande_Milano
RealGunner
Milan31
Le Samourai
Rebaño Sagrado
35 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Amar wrote:
StevieRayVaughan wrote:No one talks about Xavi in World cup 2002, Euro cup 2004, or world cup 2006. What did he do then? Nothing. Same like other players. Spain won in 2008, Xavi was very good but so was Villa, Torres, Senna who were as important like Xavi. Xavi is one of the best Spaniards i dont think he is the best Spanish player ever. Probably in my top 3/5 though.

And what did ANY Spanish player do in the 64 years before Euro 2008? That's right nothing. Xavi's won 3 CL's, was up there for POTY, and instrumental in any team he plays in.

Just wondering...who do you have ahead of him?

Brazil had won everything in 58-70, doesnt mean Pele the best player from there hmm

Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Ganso wrote:but all Xavi does is pass the ball ffs Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 20ql8o9

btw i cant stop laughing at hugo sanchez......

All Messi does is hog the ball ffs Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 20ql8o9
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Amar wrote:
StevieRayVaughan wrote:No one talks about Xavi in World cup 2002, Euro cup 2004, or world cup 2006. What did he do then? Nothing. Same like other players. Spain won in 2008, Xavi was very good but so was Villa, Torres, Senna who were as important like Xavi. Xavi is one of the best Spaniards i dont think he is the best Spanish player ever. Probably in my top 3/5 though.

And what did ANY Spanish player do in the 64 years before Euro 2008? That's right nothing. Xavi's won 3 CL's, was up there for POTY, and instrumental in any team he plays in.

Just wondering...who do you have ahead of him?

Suarez, Raul, and maybe Villa

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ganso wrote:but all Xavi does is pass the ball ffs Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 20ql8o9

btw i cant stop laughing at hugo sanchez......

All Messi does is hog the ball ffs Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 3 20ql8o9

I didnt say that :vagi:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 pm

wtf,pele is the best brazilian ever and arguably the best ever
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Ganso wrote:wtf,pele is the best brazilian ever and arguably the best ever

Garrincha individual play>Pele (c) Brazil football experts and those who watched these 2 play Thumbs up
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 pm

No what the frak has Xavi done more than Iniesta, Casillas, and maybe even Villa to be considered comfortably the best? Yes, he's one of the best, but you can't argue that Casillas and Iniesta don't deserve the same mention.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:

Garrincha individual play>Pele (c) Brazil football experts and those who watched these 2 play Thumbs up

And where are these Brazil football experts you speak of and the people that saw them play? Pele got much, much harsher treatment thn Garrincha.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No what the frak has Xavi done more than Iniesta, Casillas, and maybe even Villa to be considered comfortably the best? Yes, he's one of the best, but you can't argue that Casillas and Iniesta don't deserve the same mention.

I know how tough it is to rate keepers so I don't mind.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

not true at all,i honestly dont get how people on these forums rate garrincha higher than Pele...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 pm

jibers wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:

And where are these Brazil football experts you speak of and the people that saw them play? Pele got much, much harsher treatment thn Garrincha.

Garrincha won wc in Maradona-like style team based on one player-him. Pele 70? A cohesive unit full of world class players in every position
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I was just discussing this with my friend, and he put it quite nicely.

He said, In 2010, Spain could have still won without Xavi, but not without Villa.

Obviously, a big if, but I dont think this statement is that much further from the truth. You see Spain now doesn't rely on one player (not even Villa anymore), every one is replaceable which is why they are so good.

When Raul used to play, he was the superstar. We were doing amazing in world cup 2002, until Raul got injured before the match against South Korea and we lost. In 2006, we lost to Zidane and Henry. No shame in that eve though i was really pissed at that moment.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:I was just discussing this with my friend, and he put it quite nicely.

He said, In 2010, Spain could have still won without Xavi, but not without Villa.

Obviously, a big if, but I dont think this statement is that much further from the truth. You see Spain now doesn't rely on one player (not even Villa anymore), every one is replaceable which is why they are so good.

When Raul used to play, he was the superstar. We were doing amazing in world cup 2002, until Raul got injured before the match against South Korea and we lost. In 2006, we lost to Zidane and Henry. No shame in that eve though i was really pissed at that moment.

Absolute bullshit.

Xavi provided the assist for Portugal goal, and semi final goal.

Spain would not have dominated Germany in midfield without Xavi

People talk about Barca's and Spain's system. Tell you what, there is no system.

Xavi Hernandez IS THE SYSTEM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 pm

Garrincha won nothing relevant in club level and had a short career compared to Pele.Pele performed on the 3 WCs.Lets not even discuss overall stats and titles won because it would make Mane look like hes not one of the GOATS
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 pm

Ganso wrote:Garrincha won nothing relevant in club level and had a short career compared to Pele.Pele performed on the 3 WCs.Lets not even discuss overall stats and titles won because it would make Mane look like hes not one of the GOATS

R9 :study: Zico :study:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:49 pm

R9 and Zico are rated higher than Mane over here
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Ganso wrote:R9 and Zico are rated higher than Mane over here

I thought Pele myth is not relevant in Brazil Rolling Eyes
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Socrates >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No what the frak has Xavi done more than Iniesta, Casillas, and maybe even Villa to be considered comfortably the best? Yes, he's one of the best, but you can't argue that Casillas and Iniesta don't deserve the same mention.

You make a great point. But the way I see it, what would happen if Xavi gets injured today? Nothing (lose little effectiveness), Spain would still coutinue winning, they have adequate replacement. What would happen if Iniesta got injured? Nothing, Fab or Silva can replace him. But what would happen if Raul got injured back then? Our options used to be Morientes, Diego Tristan...without Raul our attack was not even close to being world class. He made a huge difference, with such a shit team. Our mid was Baraja (decent), Mendiata (overrated), Valeron (amazing) and Luis Enrique. All decent or good players. But with no quality backups. Our wingers were horrible..it was Joaquin (who has always been so overrated) and Luque (shit). Now we have Xavi, Xabi, Javi, Fabregas, Busquets....no need to even say the rest.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
Ganso wrote:R9 and Zico are rated higher than Mane over here

I thought Pele myth is not relevant in Brazil Rolling Eyes
what are you talking about?what myth?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Why stop at spain...is Xavi the best European player of all time? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:56 pm

whats up with all xavi avatars hmm

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 pm

StevieRayVaughan wrote:

You make a great point. But the way I see it, what would happen if Xavi gets injured today? Nothing (lose little effectiveness), Spain would still coutinue winning, they have adequate replacement. What would happen if Iniesta got injured? Nothing, Fab or Silva can replace him. But what would happen if Raul got injured back then? Our options used to be Morientes, Diego Tristan...without Raul our attack was not even close to being world class. He made a huge difference, with such a shit team. Our mid was Baraja (decent), Mendiata (overrated), Valeron (amazing) and Luis Enrique. All decent or good players. But with no quality backups. Our wingers were horrible..it was Joaquin (who has always been so overrated) and Luque (shit). Now we have Xavi, Xabi, Javi, Fabregas, Busquets....no need to even say the rest.

Raul missed THE penalty against France, Casillas and Morientes kept us in the World Cup in 02 before we got robbed.

I love Raul more than everyone else, but there's no way he's the best Spanish player FOR SPAIN.

The what if question, I ask it as well, but honestly , I won't question it......alternative outcomes are never reality.

Raul is possibly the best Spanish club player of all time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Why stop at spain...is Xavi the best European player of all time? hmm

Never knew you were a Alex Multi Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Why stop the best European player of all tim...is Xavi the best player under 5'7?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next