Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

+31
billy_gr
Kev
CBarca
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
Cotes
The Franchise
Jeps33178
Albiceleste
punkfusion1992
Valkyrja
VanDeezNuts
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
McAgger
Tomasso
StevieRayVaughan
jibers
Arquitecto
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
S32TABLANCA
Amar
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
Swanhends
Grande_Milano
RealGunner
Milan31
Le Samourai
Rebaño Sagrado
35 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Why stop the best European player of all tim...is Xavi the best player under 5'7?

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Mendieta OVER-RATED ???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you watch football in early 2000s and late 90s ?

Mendieta was orgasm to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:59 pm

I was being serious though...:coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Why stop the best European player of all tim...is Xavi the best player under 5'7?

Why stop at under 5'7, is Xavi the best player of all time?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:I was being serious though...:coffee:

Y u no hype Suarez?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am

Schweini wrote:Mendieta OVER-RATED ???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mendieta ''burned'' fast, his Lazio transfer :facepalm:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:02 am

Europe is interesting because every nation has their legends but not a specific goat player like pele or maradona

i guess xavi is contending with Cruyff,Di stefano,Beckenbauer and a few others
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am

jibers wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Why stop the best European player of all tim...is Xavi the best player under 5'7?

Why stop at under 5'7, is Xavi the best player of all time?

Not if Great Jaguar Paw of the Lower Mayan tribes has something to say about it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 am

Le Samourai wrote:

Y u no hype Suarez?

Suarez played in a weaker era with less competition and still won less
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:06 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Y u no hype Suarez?

Had a worse team.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 am

Schweini wrote:Mendieta OVER-RATED ???

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I dont think you watched him properly then. He was not consistent at all. It says your 20 years, so I doubt how you watched most la liga games then like I did. I was addicted to football then, now I have a life Smile Mendiata at his best is as good as anyone, no doubt. But his prime didnt last very long, he should have just stayed at Valencia.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 am

Wait for Fabregas to integrate his Arsenal DNA into his Barca. GOAT player.

Seriously, Xavi is, although some days I rate Iniesta just as high.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:10 am

Le Samourai wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Y u no hype Suarez?

Had a worse team.

Comparatively thats irrelevant...He only played on a "worse" team compared to today's teams

He played on the greatest teams of his generation..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 am

The title of this thread is misleading. Change it to "Best Spanish Player of All Time for NT"
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:13 am

Not for Inter...for Spain...he won us the Euros with a weaker team......

Suarez and Amanciano :bow:

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:18 am

Le Samourai wrote:
StevieRayVaughan wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No what the frak has Xavi done more than Iniesta, Casillas, and maybe even Villa to be considered comfortably the best? Yes, he's one of the best, but you can't argue that Casillas and Iniesta don't deserve the same mention.

You make a great point. But the way I see it, what would happen if Xavi gets injured today? Nothing (lose little effectiveness), Spain would still coutinue winning, they have adequate replacement. What would happen if Iniesta got injured? Nothing, Fab or Silva can replace him. But what would happen if Raul got injured back then? Our options used to be Morientes, Diego Tristan...without Raul our attack was not even close to being world class. He made a huge difference, with such a shit team. Our mid was Baraja (decent), Mendiata (overrated), Valeron (amazing) and Luis Enrique. All decent or good players. But with no quality backups. Our wingers were horrible..it was Joaquin (who has always been so overrated) and Luque (shit). Now we have Xavi, Xabi, Javi, Fabregas, Busquets....no need to even say the rest.

Raul missed THE penalty against France, Casillas and Morientes kept us in the World Cup in 02 before we got robbed.

I love Raul more than everyone else, but there's no way he's the best Spanish player FOR SPAIN.

The what if question, I ask it as well, but honestly , I won't question it......alternative outcomes are never reality.

Raul is possibly the best Spanish club player of all time.

You are 16, you were like 3/4 years old when Raul was in his prime. How did you possibly watch him play for Spain or Real Madrid? Youtube? Not trying to mock you or anything, but you dont have the (how do i put it) credibility nor any great knowledge on this subject. There is a diff between watching every match of the season, versus videos or highlights of certain matches or players, or checking wiki for stats.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 am

I can't really say. I haven't actually seen in action the players some poster are mentioning, nor will I resort to youtube because anyone can look good on youtube.

But how long has Xavi actively been playing with spain? He's been around for a WHILE now. That much I know.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 am

Fair enough.

I mostly watched Gaizka in CL. And he was absolutely phenomenal in getting Valencia to 2 CL finals under Cupper. I wish he stayed there under Benitez.

Mendieta's career was ruined after a bad transfer. just like Veron, and in modern day, well Torres.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:21 am

Is Xavi Comfortably the Best Spanish Player of All Time ? - Page 4 Thumbnail.aspx?q=4573487846394117&id=9fbcfac160c339c76f26e0672f0b7f37&url=http%3a%2f%2fqoo6.com%2fdata_images%2fxavi-hernandez%2fxavi-hernandez-03

:bow:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 am

Le Samourai wrote:Not for Inter...for Spain...he won us the Euros with a weaker team......

You're still missing the point though

"He won us the Euros with a 'weaker' team"

Weaker compared to the team Xavi won it with, sure...But Suarez also PLAYED teams that were 'weaker' than the teams Xavi played, so the distinction is moot

Teams that Suarez' Spain had to play to win the Euros:

Romania, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Hungary, USSR

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:23 am

Watched consistently since 00 albeit with an untrained eye for most of those years.

But I still vividly remember his WC performance and it's pretty clear Morientes was better than him in 02.

Can't say I've watched every game before then but I've watched the important ones.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:25 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Not for Inter...for Spain...he won us the Euros with a weaker team......

You're still missing the point though

"He won us the Euros with a 'weaker' team"

Weaker compared to the team Xavi won it with, sure...But Suarez also PLAYED teams that were 'weaker' than the teams Xavi played, so the distinction is moot

Teams that Suarez' Spain had to play to win the Euros:

Romania, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Hungary, USSR

Countries have peaks and troughs...I don't see why there's any reason Romania and USSR are worse than Russia and 08 Germany.

I'm not an expert though,

Are you saying football is better now therefore he's better just for the record?.....cuz I won't argue on that point.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 am

i wouldnt say comfortably.. as he does have some good competition, but maybe ya, actually probably the best spanish player.

here are some i think should be in contention:

iker
puyol
raul
hierro

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 am

Raul played in an average team, not in the BEST one. If Raul would have been in Villa's place, he would have scored thrice more.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 am

Hungary le samurai, not Romania.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Hungary le samurai, not Romania.

Ya sorry, deleted the wrong team
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next