harhar11
windkick
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
ChollaVille
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 am

Cules,how is the deal progressing? D
I heard that Man Sh!itty skyrocketed the price so that your team is looking for Rossi and Juan Mata now instead of Sanchez and Fab. Do you know anything about it? Very Happy

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:48 am

ErPupone why do you think Barcelona can't afford to make him an important part of the team? He might not play as much as at Udinese but I'm sure he'll get his fair amount of games, and I'm sure he'll play important ones too if he comes. He would not be seen as a substitute but as a rotation player, which is a key difference.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:ErPupone why do you think Barcelona can't afford to make him an important part of the team? He might not play as much as at Udinese but I'm sure he'll get his fair amount of games, and I'm sure he'll play important ones too if he comes. He would not be seen as a substitute but as a rotation player, which is a key difference.

I just see your front line as being fine the way it is and that all you need are good back up options, which is what Mata would be. And yes, there's a difference between susbtitute and rotation player, but nonetheless it seems like a lot of money to dish out on a rotation player. Who knows, maybe Sanchez will force himself into being an important first team player and for his sake I hope he does. But he excels and plays best when on the right wing and I've barely, if ever, seen him play on the left. If the transfer does go through, how do you suppose your will formation look?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:56 am

I think what we have to understand is our frontline is as strong as is gets. Buying a back up will do nothing because we will never sub one of those players off or not start them for someone who is just a back up. The player has to be a legit threat to Pedro and Villa.

Jeffren is a back up, Sanchez is legit.

Mata? Valencia sold Silva and Villa, they aren't anythin like as desprate for money....Mata won't be cheap himself. We tried for him before but Valencia wanted too much...what's changed since then?

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 am

This the only transfer I was afraid of, congrats if it happens.

I hope it doesnt though.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 am

ErPupone wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:ErPupone why do you think Barcelona can't afford to make him an important part of the team? He might not play as much as at Udinese but I'm sure he'll get his fair amount of games, and I'm sure he'll play important ones too if he comes. He would not be seen as a substitute but as a rotation player, which is a key difference.

I just see your front line as being fine the way it is and that all you need are good back up options, which is what Mata would be. And yes, there's a difference between susbtitute and rotation player, but nonetheless it seems like a lot of money to dish out on a rotation player. Who knows, maybe Sanchez will force himself into being an important first team player and for his sake I hope he does. But he excels and plays best when on the right wing and I've barely, if ever, seen him play on the left. If the transfer does go through, how do you suppose your will formation look?
If he only plays RW and SS then he will still compete with Pedro and Villa for the spots. Only that when Villa is the one being subbed off, Pedro will play on the left (as he did many times before).

I agree that he's a rather expensive rotation player too, but I suppose that's what it takes to keep the same amount of quality and depth. Sanchez could even take the starting spot from some of the players.

In the last 10 games Villa scored once and didn't show his usual fantastic off-the ball movement. Having Sanchez as a rotation player allows us to rest our key players so that they're all in top-form while not losing quality in important parts of the season. This competition might even motivate Villa and Pedro to play better.

It's also a long-term purchase. In the next year, Villa is going to be in the wrong side of 30. Not to say his quality will drop, but sure he'll get exhausted more often and will become more injury prone. In Alexis we would have a long term replacement.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

If he only plays RW and SS then he will still compete with Pedro and Villa for the spots. Only that when Villa is the one being subbed off, Pedro will play on the left (as he did many times before).

I agree that he's a rather expensive rotation player too, but I suppose that's what it takes to keep the same amount of quality and depth. Sanchez could even take the starting spot from some of the players.

In the last 10 games Villa scored once and didn't show his usual fantastic off-the ball movement. Having Sanchez as a rotation player allows us to rest our key players so that they're all in top-form while not losing quality in important parts of the season. This competition might even motivate Villa and Pedro to play better.

It's also a long-term purchase. In the next year, Villa is going to be in the wrong side of 30. Not to say his quality will drop, but sure he'll get exhausted more often and will become more injury prone. In Alexis we would have a long term replacement.

Good points, of course the transfer can't turn out terribly because Sanchez is a quality player (I had my eye on him since last year, before the World Cup). Guardiola seems to really like Pedro though and Villa is better than Sanchez imo, so Sanchez will really have to work hard to make his place on the team; only time will tell how he copes with competition which he really has never faced before. But of course having those 4 quality players can't hurt your cause.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:34 am

ErPupone wrote:

I was thinking that Mata is the better option. He'll be a good player to have on the bench and won't cost nearly as much. If Sanchez is going to be used even in some sort of rotation, it just seems like a lot of money to spend on a player who's not guaranteed a starting role given that, as Matpol said, Guardiola probably won't want to change that starting front 3. Mata also has, for what it's worth, the slight advantage of being familiar with some of Barcelona's players from playing with them in the national team (though he only has a handful of caps at the senior level), so that adaptation period won't be difficult for him.

Sanchez is definitely worth a big price tag, but it's only worth it, as I said, if he's going to be an important part of the team which Barcelona can't promise him. He's a hard worker, has good pace and very good ball control. He also has a pretty good right foot on him. I don't usually like judging people off videos, but here's a couple just to give an example. This goal was all him: Great two touches to free himself up and then finds the space to score.

Thanks for the replies. Some very nice comments.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:36 am

The Franchise wrote:I think what we have to understand is our frontline is as strong as is gets. Buying a back up will do nothing because we will never sub one of those players off or not start them for someone who is just a back up. The player has to be a legit threat to Pedro and Villa.

Mata? Valencia sold Silva and Villa, they aren't anythin like as desprate for money....Mata won't be cheap himself. We tried for him before but Valencia wanted too much...what's changed since then?

Yes these ideas make some sense at least. Why then is Mata rumored to be available for a reasonable price? How highly do you rate him as a player anyway and particularly in comparison with A.Sanchez?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Some very interesting thoughts here.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 am

ErPupone wrote:

Good points, of course the transfer can't turn out terribly because Sanchez is a quality player

Who can say for sure? After all Ibrahimovic was/is a quality player. That's why the pricing of such deals I consider very important.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

I dont really buy into the hype of Sanchez...however if he has the incredible potential that everyone else is talking about, then I hope he proves me wrong....

Between Mata and him I would take him though, right now for the 3 forward spots, we would need 4 quality players...in pedro, villa and messi we already have 3, having 4 would ensure at least 2 of the 3 spots are filled with top class quality and our attack will never be blunt even if injuries or fatigue sets into our squad...assuming of course he proves me wrong lol

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think what we have to understand is our frontline is as strong as is gets. Buying a back up will do nothing because we will never sub one of those players off or not start them for someone who is just a back up. The player has to be a legit threat to Pedro and Villa.

Yes these ideas make some sense at least. Why then is Mata rumored to be available for a reasonable price? How highly do you rate him as a player anyway and particularly in comparison with A.Sanchez?

I dont know, I dont listen to stories too much. Sounds like a good one anyone can make though, Valencia supposedly need money (though I somehow doubt that considering they are back to signing players like Ramis) and we need a forward..therefore, Mata's name comes up.

How do I rate Mata? Highly, he is a very good player and his potential to go on to be even better. Thats the thing with both Mata and Sanchez, they are young and can be part of the foundations for a long time if we show patience.

I dont know who is better, Sanchez or Mata, its more preference then anything, I think Sanchez is more my type of player because he has great acceleration and dynamism.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I dont know, I dont listen to stories too much. Sounds like a good one anyone can make though, Valencia supposedly need money (though I somehow doubt that considering they are back to signing players like Ramis) and we need a forward..therefore, Mata's name comes up.

How do I rate Mata? Highly, he is a very good player and his potential to go on to be even better. Thats the thing with both Mata and Sanchez, they are young and can be part of the foundations for a long time if we show patience.

I dont know who is better, Sanchez or Mata, its more preference then anything, I think Sanchez is more my type of player because he has great acceleration and dynamism.

I think I got the answer to the first question. Mata's contract is said to have a release clause of E25m.

Nice comments about Mata. What I can perhaps summarize about the two is that A.Sanchez has more flair but Mata is better in the cerebral aspects of the game. It's a bit like a Brazil against Spain comparison even though A.Sanchez is not Brazilian but he seems that type.

So are you effectively saying that if Mata is considerably cheaper we should drop A.Sanchez and go for Mata? Also if we do want to sell Jefffren I think he will agree to move to Valencia and they too would be quite ready to take him. Also where does G.Rossi stand in all this? Since their prices seem comparable, should it be Mata over G.Rossi? Lastly it's still not very clear why we took no interest in Aguero. He would probably cost nearly the same as what we may eventually pay for A.Sanchez. Besides Jeffren to Atletico wouldn't be much of a problem either.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Imo Sanchez is potentially a top 5 player and is worth every penny should we give him a chance to adjust to Barca.

Not the system as such because i belief he fits it just fine but adjusting to what its like being at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

If Barca turn down the chance to sign him in favour of Mata just to save a few euro's then i have a feeling it's going to be like Hleb V Arshavin story where Barca signed Hleb just because he was the easy choice and imo Mata is the easy choice.

You will see a big smile of opposition fans around the world if Barca sign Mata instead of Sanchez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:39 pm

... :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:53 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:... :coffee:

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez - Page 2 Walken10
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm actually surprised you are looking up our cantera boys, what about jeffren and bojan? oh wait...Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:41 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I think I got the answer to the first question. Mata's contract is said to have a release clause of E25m.

Nice comments about Mata. What I can perhaps summarize about the two is that A.Sanchez has more flair but Mata is better in the cerebral aspects of the game. It's a bit like a Brazil against Spain comparison even though A.Sanchez is not Brazilian but he seems that type.

So are you effectively saying that if Mata is considerably cheaper we should drop A.Sanchez and go for Mata? Also if we do want to sell Jefffren I think he will agree to move to Valencia and they too would be quite ready to take him. Also where does G.Rossi stand in all this? Since their prices seem comparable, should it be Mata over G.Rossi? Lastly it's still not very clear why we took no interest in Aguero. He would probably cost nearly the same as what we may eventually pay for A.Sanchez. Besides Jeffren to Atletico wouldn't be much of a problem either.

Nah, I am not saying if Mata is alot cheaper we should get him. What Mole said I think I agree with.

Rossi? I dont know, I guess I prefer Mata to him, its close.

The way I see all this is, if I was in charge, I wouldnt of looked at Mata and Rossi as targets before this, I probably would of looked at Sanchez.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yusuf_alkoureiti Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:18 am

Sanchez is the preferable option. He will add something barcelona needs. He will add extra versatility to the team. There are times in the game where the game is shut (passes dont work) and barca relies on messi to run through the defenders. Sanchez can do this easily. This will certainly add something new because villa, pedro even rossi can't do this. When he plays, villa can even play in his preferred position which is centre and messi could play on the right and interchange their positions during the game.

I hope he comes to barca but udinese is getting greedy. Rossi is the next best alternative.

yusuf_alkoureiti
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:13 am

Udinese purchased a striker named Barreto, which seems like a replacement for Alexis. The deal is all but sealed.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Imo Sanchez is potentially a top 5 player and is worth every penny should we give him a chance to adjust to Barca.

You will see a big smile of opposition fans around the world if Barca sign Mata instead of Sanchez.

At the moment do you want A.Sanchez even more than Aguero?

If you have seen a lot of his play this season tell me how far has he improved his decision making since WC 2010.

The last point is very interesting and likely to be true.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:23 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I'm actually surprised you are looking up our cantera boys, what about jeffren and bojan? oh wait...Razz

Honestly I think both are good. Bojan was earmarked as a top talent many years ago. I remember Eto'o saying that he would turn out to be better than Messi.

It's just that Bojan is not suiting out system best and not getting enough starts. Jeffren on the other hand is not being trusted enough. However one lesson that Pedro should have taught us is that you don't necessarily need to supremely talented to become a quality player. After seeing Jeffren's from the bench game changing impact in the Eruo U-21 semi final I am wondering he can become another break through player like Pedro because he has confidence and possibly big game mentality. So are we making a mistake by giving him away?

At this point all I can say is if we are selling these two then we should include buy back clauses - not just for Bojan but even for Jeffren.

As for not buying Mata because of his Real Madrid connection I would prefer that but some other Barcelona fans would see this differently. Anyway the links are not very serious. Mata seems to be even more strongly linked with ManCity and Liverpool.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Nah, I am not saying if Mata is alot cheaper we should get him. What Mole said I think I agree with.

Rossi? I dont know, I guess I prefer Mata to him, its close.

The way I see all this is, if I was in charge, I wouldnt of looked at Mata and Rossi as targets before this, I probably would of looked at Sanchez.

Thanks for the reply dani. That explains things well. I suppose you mean for you it would be between A.Sanchez, Aguero and Neymar because you want a player with a lot of raw talent more than a functional player.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:28 pm

yusuf_alkoureiti wrote:Sanchez is the preferable option. He will add something barcelona needs. He will add extra versatility to the team. There are times in the game where the game is shut (passes dont work) and barca relies on messi to run through the defenders. Sanchez can do this easily. This will certainly add something new because villa, pedro even rossi can't do this.

You make some good points. I do expect his skill and speed to be more helpful in breaking stubborn defensive organizations than most of the other players we are being linked with. However why don't we look at Aguero as an alternative?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:31 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Imo Sanchez is potentially a top 5 player and is worth every penny should we give him a chance to adjust to Barca.

At the moment do you want A.Sanchez even more than Aguero?

If you have seen a lot of his play this season tell me how far has he improved his decision making since WC 2010.

The last point is very interesting and likely to be true.

Well JD i would want him more than Aguero because i believe his ceiling is higher than Aguero's.

His decision making has improved vastly mainly due to playing in the centre behind Di Natale as you may have heard he has been touted the new Cristiano Ronaldo but i dont believe he is anything like him other than being a very direct dribbler....

His passing is better, he is more creative and he works harder for the team than CR7 does imo but he is not the all around goal threat that CR7 is.

Of course coming to Barca he would play as inside forward which is different to Udinese but imo not much different as Inside forward roam's from the wing and ss positions which imo suit's Sanchez down to the ground.

As i said before if Barca turn down the chance to sign him in favour of Rossi or Mata to save 5-10 million euro's it would be a grave mistake as i dont believe Rossi or Mata have half the ability that Sanchez does.

Just look at how excited Nick is getting of the prospect of Barca getting Mata instead of Sanchez and it tells you all you need to know lol.

As for Aguero we can forget that idea because we were offered him but Pep declined he clearly does'nt want him my feeling behind this is because of his attitude, will probably want wages in parity with Messi and work rate is'nt really up to snuff compared to the rest of the Barca team.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum