Sol Campbell on Wenger and Arsenal

4 posters

Go down

Sol Campbell on Wenger and Arsenal Empty Sol Campbell on Wenger and Arsenal

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:34 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/06/arsenal-arsene-wenger-sol-campbell

I thought it was an OK read, so decided to post it up. Some decent points in there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Sol Campbell on Wenger and Arsenal Empty Re: Sol Campbell on Wenger and Arsenal

Post by Jay29 Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am

He does make some fair points, although nothing we haven't read before from journalists and ex-players.

The general consensus seems to be that Arsenal must sign three or four players and that the current squad is not quite good enough, but I disagree with that notion. I believe that this current squad has a good blend of experience and youth and only needs one or two offensive additions for it to be competitive again.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:53 am

I like his assessment on power struggle up top and Wenger personality & methodology.

He's right that the power struggle will keep going for sometimes. We have the owner and 2nd largest shareholder whose visions & directions are very different, it's hard to see Usmanov back down since he has the money & passion. This is bad not only for Wenger but the club and fans in general.

Wenger personalities & methodologies; it explains why Pat Rice was his right hand man for so long while other ex players could really be considered. Pat is worker bee type and never strikes me as someone who would question authorities.

Agree with Jay, the transfer target need to be selected carefully and only two or three at most.

It's strange how much influence Japan has on Wenger, given the man was there only for one year.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Agree with almost everything he says, though, why say we are "almost certainly" in CL already? We aren't.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down