Raptorgunner
Sri
jayp
Lex
hitshot
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell Empty Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by hitshot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Arsenal Football Club has agreed terms with Costa Rican side Deportivo Saprissa to sign teenage striker Joel Campbell.

The 19-year-old who was in the Costa Rica squad for the recent Copa América and the Under-20 World Cup, has chosen the Gunners despite strong interest from a host of top European clubs.

Born in the Costa Rican capital San José, Campbell is predominantly left-footed and has made six full international appearances, scoring twice. He scored on his debut in a 5-0 win over Cuba at this year’s CONCACAF Gold Cup, helping his side to the Quarter-Final of the competition.

Campbell added a second to his tally against Bolivia in the Copa América. He has also scored ten times in twelve appearances at Under-20 level, including two goals in three appearances in the Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.

Campbell has had two seasons in his native Primera División, where he played for Deportivo Saprissa and on loan at Puntarenas, making a total of eight league appearances.

Deportivo Saprissa is one of the top clubs in the CONCACAF region and has won the Costa Rican Premier League a record 29 times.

The transfer is subject to the completion of formal agreements and processes.

Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Joel Campbell has already shown that he is a player with great ability, and has also performed well on the international stage at a young age. We look forward to the formalities of the transfer being completed and working with Joel when he joins us at Arsenal."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-agree-deal-to-sign-joel-campbell
hitshot
hitshot
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by Lex Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Now that we've got him.......what do we do with him, exactly?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell Empty Re: Arsenal agree deal to sign Joel Campbell

Post by hitshot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Lex wrote:Now that we've got him.......what do we do with him, exactly?

Sell him to City for 10 times the price?
hitshot
hitshot
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jayp Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Good question probably a loan...

Will he need a special talent work permit like Miyaichi and can we get more than one special talent work permit in a season?
jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 pm

OH good.. You made a separate thread for it.. I had put the same thing in transfers thread..

Umm.. subject to work permit, I think he'll be a good acquisition, especially if we switch to a 4-4-2..

For those who want to start an argument on another young signing for the future, be patient till Ali finishes the profile, read it, and then start Very Happy Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:22 pm

jayp wrote:Good question probably a loan...

Will he need a special talent work permit like Miyaichi and can we get more than one special talent work permit in a season?

Someone pointed out that Man Utd got Rafael and Fabio at the same time right? Don't think there is a limit, and we should manage, since he has got NT caps and all..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by hitshot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:23 pm

srigooner wrote:OH good.. You made a separate thread for it.. I had put the same thing in transfers thread..

Umm.. subject to work permit, I think he'll be a good acquisition, especially if we switch to a 4-4-2..

For those who want to start an argument on another young signing for the future, be patient till Ali finishes the profile, read it, and then start Very Happy Very Happy

Sorry mate I forgot to check, my bad.
hitshot
hitshot
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:24 pm

this is great news, but we need more signing, CB and DM for sure.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

hitshot wrote:
srigooner wrote:OH good.. You made a separate thread for it.. I had put the same thing in transfers thread..

He is good player and he can play in the first team, Carling cups and FA cups for sure.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:26 pm

nah its ok, this deserves its own thread Smile

I think he is Bendtners replacement. A striker, which we were all asking wenger to sign. Plus he is better on the wings then Bendtner ever will be Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:27 pm

hitshot wrote:

Nah dont be sorry.. Every signing is worth its own thread Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Okay quick question.. What are the "subject to the completion of formal agreements and processes" being referred to?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Did anyone think this week would be this crazy? lol
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Good signing but not sure if we need him right now. Iam still waiting for new CB and now i think that aint gonna happen.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm

This smells like 'Operation Youth Project 2.0'. I'm not against it per se, but I want to see a mixture of young talents along with experienced winners. Walcott, Campbell, AOC, Chesny, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Aneke, Afobe, Freeman, Bartley, Miguel, Jenkinson and Ozykup (to name a few) all have incredible talent and they could well be the next Mancherster Utd. BUT unless AW sign experienced winner, we'll see what we've already seen in the way of breathe taking carling Cup performance but no real silverware.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 pm

srigooner wrote:Okay quick question.. What are the "subject to the completion of formal agreements and processes" being referred to?

Paper work, basically. Probably more to do with the kid moving to another country than the actual signing itself.

Anyway, this kid looked good playing for Costa Rica. I dare say he's similar to Vela when he was younger; small, quick, skillful and a lethal left footed finisher. Hopefully his career doesn't go the same way, though.

I expect he'll go on loan to Spain somewhere.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:nah its ok, this deserves its own thread Smile

I think he is Bendtners replacement. A striker, which we were all asking wenger to sign. Plus he is better on the wings then Bendtner ever will be Laughing

He actually is pretty good on the left wing, and has a really sweet left foot Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Just thinking about what all our signings this summer bar Jenkinson have in common:

Gervinho - Pace
Chamberlain - Pace
Miyaichi (technically) - Pace
Campbell - Pace

Evidently, you can see the sort of future Wenger is building for.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:48 pm

looks fantastic in this video. Technique is superb, fast, skillful. Got a great right foot as well despite being a left footer.

Last edited by RealGunner on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:53 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Just thinking about what all our signings this summer bar Jenkinson have in common:

Gervinho - Pace
Chamberlain - Pace
Campbell - Pace

Guys, does anyone see RVP characteristics in JC? Because I do. Eventual heir, maybe Cool

JC has mad tekkers for his age. He has a way of looking unorthodox; but I'm convinced that it is his own form of tekkers. Honestly, I'd get rid of Vela now. JC looks like a frickin problem!

p.s. If you don't have tekkers, AW will surely install it in you!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Campbell does look like he has a bit of van Persie in him; in as much that, he's good on the ball and has a mean left foot. Probably has a tad more pace than ole' van Persie, though. Laughing

My only concern with him is if he'll adapt properly to new surroundings. South American kids don't seem to do too well over here mainly for this reason.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:

looks fantastic in this video. Technique is superb, fast, skillful. Got a great right foot as well despite being a left footer.

sri, check ur PM pls

That same vid! I had suggested this to Ali for his profile, now hes gotta hunt down another one! Razz

Yup, saw the PM and replied..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Just thinking about what all our signings this summer bar Jenkinson have in common:

Gervinho - Pace
Chamberlain - Pace
Campbell - Pace

Guys, does anyone see RVP characteristics in JC? Because I do. Eventual heir, maybe Cool

JC has mad tekkers for his age. He has a way of looking unorthodox; but I'm convinced that it is his own form of tekkers. Honestly, I'd get rid of Vela now. JC looks like a frickin problem!

p.s. If you don't have tekkers, AW will surely install it in you!

Wow.. I'm away for a bit and half my thoughts get leaked; great minds think alike eh! Was just telling Ali that JC's left foot seems second only to that of RvP.. Very Happy

He is called the "Samuel Eto'o of Costa Rica" btw. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Hopefully he can be a big player for us. Even though signing players for the immediate future would make me happier, at least it's obvious the club are working hard to get their transfer dealings done soon.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Campbell does look like he has a bit of van Persie in him; in as much that, he's good on the ball and has a mean left foot. Probably has a tad more pace than ole' van Persie, though. Laughing

My only concern with him is if he'll adapt properly to new surroundings. South American kids don't seem to do too well over here mainly for this reason.

RVP at Feyenoord what deceptively quick. Over time, he's slowed the more AW pushed him more central. I agree that JC has raw pace which is alway a plus. This will sound a bit silly, but even the tap ins he scores have a look of RVP. He peels of very well and has mad accuracy in the left peg. I also agree that South Americans kids struggle, to an extent. But I see big things for this kid. He has a confidence and swagger whcih a lot of other kids lack.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next