121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball?

+59
celikmilan
leemhuis
billy_gr
REWB
Albiceleste
julias
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Rebaño Sagrado
Sushi Master
VivaStPauli
che
Luca
michael1
Swanhends
shamr9pato
Aensensen
Abramovich
Mr Nick09
Margera
dostoevsky
Great Leader Sprucenuce
billionmillion
StrugaRock
Zealous
rwo power
7amood11
Ali
T0tti
halamadrid2
beatrixasdfghjk.
S
Die Borussen
Red Alert
Yuri Yukuv
EarlyPrototype
iNFINITY9910
Valkyrja
Forza
The Verminator
Magricos
Lord Hades
Berbaflop
hrealmadrid
ioilersrock448
Art Morte
Patrick Bateman
bvb_11
punkfusion1992
zarola
justdoit_
fatman123
Le Samourai
LeBéninois
The Messiah
Lord Awesome
DeviAngel
Tomasso
I Have Mono
Blue Barrett
63 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball? - Page 4 Empty Re: 121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball?

Post by fatman123 Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:I generally don't like Australian sports teams due to our insanely disrespectful media.
I think we can sum up our football media like this...

1. Aus team wins something insignificant
\/
2. blown out of proportion by the media
\/
3. labelled 'contenders' in the major tournament coming up
\/
4. media creates a huge superiority complex
\/
5. general lack of public education about the tournament
\/
6. disrespect of future opponents
\/
7. unrealistic aspirations
\/
8. beaten by a better team
\/
9. denial and loathing of whoever has beaten the Australian team
\/
10. the upcoming insignificant game will boost confidence

pretty much thats it
i also quite liked how all Aus media went into revolt when Kewel was sent off at the WC for handballing on the line although it was quite funny when the media was "shocked" that germany flogged australia

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball? - Page 4 Empty Re: 121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball?

Post by Margera Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Schweini wrote:
Margera wrote:Xabi Alonso, he is a very underrated PK taker and has always delivered when it has mattered.

Missed one in CL Final.

damnit :b
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

Didn't Alonso score in the shoot out though?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:05 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:I generally don't like Australian sports teams due to our insanely disrespectful media.
I think we can sum up our football media like this...

1. Aus team wins something insignificant
\/
2. blown out of proportion by the media
\/
3. labelled 'contenders' in the major tournament coming up
\/
4. media creates a huge superiority complex
\/
5. general lack of public education about the tournament
\/
6. disrespect of future opponents
\/
7. unrealistic aspirations
\/
8. beaten by a better team
\/
9. denial and loathing of whoever has beaten the Australian team
\/
10. the upcoming insignificant game will boost confidence

pretty much thats it
i also quite liked how all Aus media went into revolt when Kewel was sent off at the WC for handballing on the line although it was quite funny when the media was "shocked" that germany flogged australia
that's a classic 'step 9' reaction right there. i was actually thinking of when we beat the dutch in a pre-wc friendly, only to get flogged in the wc. also, when we advanced to the asian cup final and thought it would be a walk in the park against Japan (because we beat them once before 7-8 yrs ago) and then got tactically out-classed in extra-time.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Did you hate us when we beat you? :I'munoriginal:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Forza's post is a pretty good summary. This is a study of what to say if you're actually calling a game/event live.

1. Cover tournament in which Australia or Australian athletes are competing. If possible, use a commentator who has never even heard of any other country outside of Australia. Fortunately, these merry men are never in short supply.

2. Report exclusively on progress of Australia. No one wants to hear who actually won. If the English are involved, showing their highlights is also acceptable.

3. Mention any piece of "history" connecting Australia to this sport and past "glories." Omit any past achievements of everyone else.

4. Omit any praise of Australia's opponents. Note: Correctly pronouncing the surnames of opponents is a type of praise.

5. Omit any tactical analysis of why they're beating the crap out of Australia which makes it look like the opposition are winning because they deserve to. Instead blame inexperience/refereeing/conditions/dastardly cheating of opponents/Zealous' shaman luck rituals.

6. Cut constantly to members of the crowd painted in the green and gold. Mention how great the Australian support is. Never acknowledge presence of any other fans unless they are being dastardly.

7. As soon as Australia is out, tournament coverage stops, after showing a heroic montage of Australian efforts. The commentators should also wail like banshees upon Australia being eliminated. If you must report again, only do so if the English have won. Avoid all mentions of Italian/French/Spanish success.

8. Childishly transfer hatred of whoever knocked us out to all sports. Pretend that we are important enough to have an actual rivalry with this nation, rather than random one-sided loathing.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Gyan :I'munoriginal:

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Oh snap someone remembers my shaman rituals :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:28 pm

If I'm allowed going back on topic, I will say CR7 or Balotelli.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Cmon guys balotelli easilyyyy
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Schweini wrote:
Margera wrote:Xabi Alonso, he is a very underrated PK taker and has always delivered when it has mattered.

Missed one in CL Final.

And at the World Cup.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Technically he scored. But CesKKK f*cked it up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
Surag wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
T0tti wrote:Who else?

Dive :vagi:.

Dostoevsky and the other Italian-Australians while watching this game.:vagi:
Yeah, dos, what did you think of that match?

1. I wanted Australia to win because I live here, I'm born here and they were the underdogs.
2. I wanted Italy to win because of my family background, the great Milan players in that team and the fact that they actually had a realistic chance of winning the whole tournament.
3. Australia were cheated.
4. The ref was deceived.
5. It's been 8 years now, time to move on.

:vagi:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:03 pm

lampard or ballack

also drogba, the guy's one of the biggest douchebags but the definition of a big game player

lol @ people saying ronaldive, two penalties = two misses in cl knockout rounds

121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball? - Page 4 Yao_ming_meme_new_version_hd_by_guillersevilla-d3dwein
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:54 pm

Ballack, every time, I'd let the f*cker take 20 penalties.
If he's unavailable, you get Torsten Frings.

Can't get him? Get Sehad Salihovic of Hoffenheim. Boss penalties.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Also Hans-Jörg Butt, the goalkeeper. He's a boss PK taker. xD
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Ballack all day long
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Also Hans-Jörg Butt, the goalkeeper. He's a boss PK taker. xD
True, dat. Thumbs up
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Still, he didn't go as balls-out-fury on any PK he was allowed to take as Ballack and Frings did, they were beasts. Well, are, technically. But, really, were.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Can't believe I forgot Frings.

I change my mind. I pick Frings.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:09 pm

He was my favorite player by far. Because of the way he played. One of the last great, gritty and physical players we (Germany) had.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Bremen legend :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Thorsten Frings, what a handy acquisition for Toronto FC.

He's the type that can give a big helping hand to FC's youngsters.

Frings always has such a great handle on the match in central midfield.

Handsome too.

Last edited by justdoit_ on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Chicharito or Vela
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm

any 1 buy Gyan

I would have confidence in the pink booted one though

121mins in Extra time in the CL final and you get a penalty. Who would you give the ball? - Page 4 Bendtner_a_2164348c

Last edited by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants on Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:03 pm

no lie Balotelli,

he has this i dont actually care attitude with the way he takes penalties that Gks are like wtf

have you got spagetti limbs or are you about to hit the ball lol

i dont think ive ever seen him miss
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum