Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination?

+10
Red Alert
Raptorgunner
fatman123
BeautifulGame
kiranr
che
adnyana179
Albiceleste
El Chelsea Fuerte
BarrileteCosmico
14 posters

Go down

Which... ?

Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Vote_lcap33%Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 9 ]
Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Vote_lcap67%Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 27

Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Empty Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 am

Discuss :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Empty Re: Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:45 am

Stop over-using the coffee guy! Evil or Very Mad

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination? Empty Re: Which do you prefer in a two-legged elimination?

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 am

First leg away :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 am

I prefer the first leg away. I think home support can make more of a difference in the second leg, whether you are chasing a result or trying to seal one.

Last edited by adnyana179 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 am

home... puts more pressure on the home team in the second leg when you score an away goal which can completely wreck their gameplan
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:04 am

It depends on the kind of team you have.

With a team like Barcelona or United or many other top teams that is so strong at home, play the second leg at home, but with other teams like Tottenham playing the first leg at home makes more sense!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 am

There's a stat out there (not sure how reliable) that says that 84% of the times a team wins the first leg in the CL, it will go on to the next stage.

If that's true, then wouldn't you want the best chances for winning the first game? Home makes the most sense to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 am

Depends on the team u have.

If the team is the favourite 1st leg at home is preferable.Finish the tie even before the 2nd leg like Madrid did to Tottenham.Also eliminates the possiblity of likes of Porto vs United in 2004.

If your team is underdog 2nd leg is preferable.Fans can carry u even if the opponent is superior.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:There's a stat out there (not sure how reliable) that says that 84% of the times a team wins the first leg in the CL, it will go on to the next stage.

If that's true, then wouldn't you want the best chances for winning the first game? Home makes the most sense to me.

Maybe the remaining 16% comprises of the top teams that i am talking about!

In general, I do agree with you. First leg at home makes sense than first leg away!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:31 am

away first
if u can go away, get a score draw (1-1, 2-2 etc) then all you're pretty much through to the next round
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:07 am

I have to go with away, I think more teams go through when they play away.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:08 am

I wouldn't mind either. Has to be in CL though. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:26 am

First leg at home, cement a solid lead, and try to seal the match up asap, if you got good fans both legs can be home LOLS
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:27 am

First leg at home, cement a solid lead, and try to seal the match up asap, if you got good fans both legs can be home LOLS
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:34 am

Home game for me. You can win the game at home with the support of fans that will give you an advantage going into the second leg (away) and 1 goal away will most likely seal it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am

First leg away is more appealing to me
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 am

First game away for me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down