I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

+22
BarcaLearning
Arquitecto
bazinga
Baraa
matpol
rwo power
julias
BarrileteCosmico
che
StrugaRock
aleumdance
Lord Hades
hrealmadrid
Bellabong
Giggslegend
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
Le Samourai
The Messiah
Dnmac4
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

Post by StrugaRock Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

che wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:
also Raul's leadership and motivational skills are way above any other Spanish player

clearly, as demonstrated by spain winning two out of three international tournaments since raul retired Laughing

if villa doesn't suffer some massive setback he's going, with llorente and soldado, who have both been better than raul this season so meh...

This is Spain's golden generation, back in Raul's day's Spain had Hierro, Mendieta and other bunch of players. Now Spain has Xavi(I know Xavi was there back than but This Xavi >>>>> That Xavi), Iniesta, Pique, Puyol(same here), Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Casillas.

All I'm saying is that If Villa isn't fit Raul should be called up and no Torres please

StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. - Page 2 Empty Re: I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

Post by matpol Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Raul is NT flop and won't be called by Del Bosque. If he makes Euro squad, Spain will choke again. He won't be at the plane, I'm sure of that.

Arteta has 0% chance of making Euro squad. It's that simple. He is not good enough for Spain. Decent player, just like as Borja Valero, Bruno Soriano and others, but Spain midfield is legendary and decent players won't make it into that midfield. Sorry Arteta, you can play for England, but not for Spain.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:34 pm

best spanish player of all time. period
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:04 am

Baraa992 wrote:best spanish player of all time. period

:vagi:
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:48 am

Mac, its not knee-jerk at all to consider Raul for the NT.

But, refer to this post of mine in another thread:

Ok, some of the things are getting out of hand here.

1. Raul whether anyone likes it or not was a large flop for Espana and our whole country considers it that way. DO NOT let his 44 goals out of 102 fool you. 92% of them were in very unimportant matches like friendlies, qualifiers and a few GS goals yet it never extended beyond that. He could NEVER replicate his club form onto for the NT. Service? In the damn Euro 2000 we had Valeron, Mendieta (the part where he is a flop is a joke), Fran, and Pep freaking Guardiola. In 2002 we had an extra edition in Baraja who did well. 2004? We had the injury prone but skilled Vicente, Xavi, and the same performers as mentioned. 2006? Squad was younger but the midfield play was superb, sadly, Raul flopped hard again.

See, it wasn't that he didn't receive service even in the time when our midfield was not working, it was that he missed a 1000 chances and was no where to be seen when we needed him. He disappeared, flopped you name it.

So the argument that he did not receive service is invalid. Speaking of all of you saying he would have thrived in the tiki taka, HELLO! Raul played many times in Aragones' system and even flopped harder! Which is why David Villa was chosen and he was 3 times the player was than Raul was for Espana NT in every possible way. Why isn't Telmo Zarra or Hierro mentioned instead of this guy?

Also, Raul's partner in crime Fernando Morientes was even better than him when given the chance.

As for the best player of Espana, Casillas as much as i love him, is not. Iniesta did not have nearly the amount of influence that Xavi did for us, while Villa is only our best striker of all time while Luis Suarez can only challenge Xavito for the title but for me and much of Espana, he is our jewel and best of all time.

Raul has had his chance for us. His time is up and there are other forwards who have been better than him this year and deserve it more.

What I do like about Raul is how he has changed his play with his now increasingly impressive link-up play and playmaking skill. Raul to me never used to exactly display that.

But nonetheless, he is not wanted by us and hopefully not VDB.

And lol to the person who said Arteta isn't good enough for Espana. :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:46 am

I know Raul has many fans and hes done well at Schalke, but still, feel that he gets overrated easily. Not sure about Spain NT, there should be many better options than Raul around surely...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:01 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I know Raul has many fans and hes done well at Schalke, but still, feel that he gets overrated easily. Not sure about Spain NT, there should be many better options than Raul around surely...

your font is stupid , please change it

raul - overrated? lol now i have heard it all, care to explain why?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

I wished Raul was called for Spain. He is the guarantee that Spain doesn't win anything.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Arteta isn't performing any different than when he was at Everton. Compared to the ones currently on the squad, he is inferior to them. Simply put, he is a very unlucky footballer when it comes to the National team. Good, skillful footballer that just has better footballers ahead of him sadly.

As for Raul, his time with the NT is done. He is still good enough to be called up but I think Spain has moved on and shouldn't look back. The man represented his country with honour and played to the best as he could. It's easy to blame one man for Spain's failures but like Messi and Argentina, it is unfair, very unfair.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:01 pm

bazinga wrote:
Baraa992 wrote:best spanish player of all time. period

:vagi:

:mental:
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Raul is the BEST Spanish player of all time.

Xavi, Iniesta, Iker have a say on whose the best Spaniard for NT, but to a lesser extent on the best Spanish player of all time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 pm

He's a class player who should be given another chance. He probably won't start but he's extremely experienced and technically talented, and maybe he'll be able to perform better for the NT now than back then.

This is a totally different Spanish team than the NT squads Raul has played with in the past. Honestly, as good as Spain are, and even though they've been winning the loot lately, I still think Raul can be a great contributor and make a difference.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Overrated, he was never ever Real's best striker, let alone player. For Spain hes never lived up to expectations. When Spain rose in 2008 he didnt feature at all. I appreciate his skills and goal scoring record, etc., and his work at Schalke, but call me biased but I just think hes overrated at times, eg., many above saying hes the Best Spainish player of all time, I mean come on :lol!:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

The word "overrated" and Raul should never be in the same sentence. The man is not overrated and you should go wash your hands for writing such crap.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Overrated, he was never ever Real's best striker, let alone player. For Spain hes never lived up to expectations. When Spain rose in 2008 he didnt feature at all. I appreciate his skills and goal scoring record, etc., and his work at Schalke, but call me biased but I just think hes overrated at times, eg., many above saying hes the Best Spainish player of all time, I mean come on :lol!:

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. - Page 2 Wtfamireading

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2