I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

+22
BarcaLearning
Arquitecto
bazinga
Baraa
matpol
rwo power
julias
BarrileteCosmico
che
StrugaRock
aleumdance
Lord Hades
hrealmadrid
Bellabong
Giggslegend
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
kiranr
Le Samourai
The Messiah
Dnmac4
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. Empty I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Raul needs to be in the Spanish team for the Euro's. It's one thing for an old guy to get lucky and go on a little goal scoring run, but IMO it's not just the goals he his overall play has just been beautiful of late.

His link up play, his positioning and leadership at Shalke over the last month has been great, not to mention the quality of his goals has been off the charts.

The team is strong enough now that he would not be any kind of distraction on the players, and they really need a clinical striker and right now they just don't have a lot of them.

I think he's served his time and deserves to get the chance to go after a major international trophy again.

I can't really think of anyone I would rather have on the bench coming in for the last 30 minutes if they need a goal.

I'm obviously a Barca fan, but class is class and right now Raul couldn't be in better form and Del Bosque would be petty not to put him on the team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. Empty Re: I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

Post by The Messiah Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Raul is still the Boss.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. Empty Re: I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but..............

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 pm

:bow:

InbeforeArq-Raulisanationalteamflop. :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:42 pm

With Villa coming back from injury, it may not be a bad idea to have Raul in the team in case Villa does not hit form straight away.

But wouldn't you rather play Llorente?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I think it's just gotten to the point where all the excuses that were fair in the past to keep him off the team just are not there anymore.

I mean if it comes down to Torres or Raul I will take Raul all day.

The only hesitation is that Raul has not really played much Tiki Taka as the Spanish team was different when he played in it and his Madrid teams were WAY more direct.

With that being said the same is true for a lot of the other strikers being considered and IMO Torres doesn't really fit Tiki Taka either.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Llorente, Villa ( if his fitness can be proved), Llorente and Munian should go....

Everyone else needs to GTFO, Raul's time has come and gone not like he was anywhere near as good for Spain as he was for his club anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Arteta and Raul should both go to Euros imo. Very Happy

Arteta has transfer Arsenal in to a top team again, and his past few goals have been stunning.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:47 pm

raul has played great this season, ive said this in the past and people didnt like it. citing soldado and llorente

who i do agree deserve to be in the squad.

but torres? no torres has not played better than raul this year, so if there is a 3rd striker spot why not give it to mister reliable. someone who is a leader and has loads of experience.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:48 pm

raul was never about fast legs, sure he is older and dont have the same physique but compare him to a wine, only gets better with age.

Not a stupid idea at all. Xavi and Iniesta feeding raul hmm
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:49 pm

kiranr wrote:
With Villa coming back from injury, it may not be a bad idea to have Raul in the team in case Villa does not hit form straight away.

But wouldn't you rather play Llorente?

Oh, no doubt. I'm not saying Raul should start even though I think he probably could. But I think there's room for both of them, and I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell Villa will be anywhere close to form with the injury he had.

It's the same reason I thought Arsenal fans were crazy for wanting Wilshire to come back this year and thinking he would be the same. These are serious injuries and just because you CAN play again, doesn't mean you SHOULD enter into the highest level of competition right off the bat.

It takes time to get back into form and there's no way either of those two will be in any kind of form until next year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arteta and Raul should both go to Euros imo. Very Happy

Arteta has transfer Arsenal in to a top team again, and his past few goals have been stunning.

Arteta has a higher chance playing for England than he does for Spain. Just sayin :coffee:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Phritz wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Arteta and Raul should both go to Euros imo. Very Happy

Arteta has a higher chance playing for England than he does for Spain. Just sayin :coffee:

Arteta, the solution to Englands midfield :bow:
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Raul :bow:
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Llorente, Villa ( if his fitness can be proved), Llorente and Munian should go....

Everyone else needs to GTFO, Raul's time has come and gone not like he was anywhere near as good for Spain as he was for his club anyway.

You said Llorente twice, did you mean to do that? I don't think you did, so with that being said you don't think Raul could be the 3rd/4th striker since Munian isn't a striker but more of a support striker almost a Messi role?

Also, I think with Villa on the team it's just going to cause a massive problem because if he says he's fit then with how great he's been for the Spanish team VDB almost has to play him but I just can't see how he will be anywhere close to form.

I know there's no way they keep him off the team but IMO I think it would be the smart thing to do so those issues don't even come up.

Don't get me wrong, I love Villa and for Spain he has been outstanding when he puts the red shirt on, but he's hurt and I'd rather bring him as a coach and leave a spot open for another player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:12 pm

VDB would never call him up simple as that.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:12 pm

the thing is though, raul plays an ss for schalke behind huntelaar where he is excelling ,but spain need an out an out forward, a younger raul couldve fulfilled that role with ease, but does a 34 year old raul have the strength to lead the line or wouldnt he better playing off the main man ( and in this scenario spain already have a host of great players)
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Lord Hades wrote:the thing is though, raul plays an ss for schalke behind huntelaar where he is excelling ,but spain need an out an out forward, a younger raul couldve fulfilled that role with ease, but does a 34 year old raul have the strength to lead the line or wouldnt he better playing off the main man ( and in this scenario spain already have a host of great players)

none of them have the experience of raul, just to have him in the squad is helpfull even if he play a total of 10 minute in the turney.
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:13 pm

what about this guy?

I know this may seem like a Knee Jerk, but.............. MikelArteta_1486554a
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Strikers for the Euro 12: Llorente, Munian, Raul and Soldado :coffee:

I know Villa is more skillful than Raul, but coming back from injury to play in Euro 12 might be a risk, also Raul's leadership and motivational skills are way above any other Spanish player
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Arteta will never make Spain lol.

Too many midfielders.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:22 pm

StrugaRock wrote:
also Raul's leadership and motivational skills are way above any other Spanish player

clearly, as demonstrated by spain winning two out of three international tournaments since raul retired Laughing

if villa doesn't suffer some massive setback he's going, with llorente and soldado, who have both been better than raul this season so meh...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Can you take an icon like Raul and relegate him to squad player? Not many coaches feel comfortable doing that.

Anyways, there's no one better for the job than Llorente. In his own words, ever since Bielsa has arrived he's been playing exactly the same role as for the furia roja, so it's only natural that he would excel in it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Not knee jerk, Raul never stopped banging in the goals

NEVER
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I think Raúl would deserve to play in the NT again. Only drawback - *if* Germany would beat Spain in the final, everybody would crucify him -_-'
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

che wrote:
StrugaRock wrote:
also Raul's leadership and motivational skills are way above any other Spanish player

clearly, as demonstrated by spain winning two out of three international tournaments since raul retired Laughing

if villa doesn't suffer some massive setback he's going, with llorente and soldado, who have both been better than raul this season so meh...

This is Spain's golden generation, back in Raul's day's Spain had Hierro, Mendieta and other bunch of players. Now Spain has Xavi(I know Xavi was there back than but This Xavi >>>>> That Xavi), Iniesta, Pique, Puyol(same here), Sergio Ramos, Xabi Alonso, Casillas.

All I'm saying is that If Villa isn't fit Raul should be called up and no Torres please
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum