I Have Mono
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Rebaño Sagrado
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who would you rather take for your team

Vela vs Callejon    - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Vela vs Callejon    - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 11 ]
Vela vs Callejon    - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Vela vs Callejon    - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 29

Vela vs Callejon    - Page 2 Empty Re: Vela vs Callejon

Post by guest7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Se7en wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:can you guys please stop visiting whoscored.com to compare players, it's just laughable. You either understand the game or you dont. even if i think you are joking, but please stop comparing the passing accuracy and such :facepalm:

why stop? they are not made out of dust, they're real evidence of a player's performances

like everything i cited anyways is not noticable, there is a reason 70% of the barsa fans are not satisfied with him.

It doesnt depict the reality of the game to its full extent.

Passing accuracy for example doesnt tell you where the passes are played, how difficult are those passes, and in which direction those passes are played. It's a bit ridiculous to just make a general statement using passing accuracy just to compare two players. Statistics can be so incredibly skewed that you need to do a deeper analysis than what you did to use them.

Callejon tries nothing adventurous, he barely gets on the ball to make the difference in dribbles or 1v1, never tries dangerous passes. how is that interesting? Di Maria is one with awful stats, i guess Callejon is better than him to?

70% of barca fans understand that.

no but atleast di maria is averaging a good dribbles per game, sanchez isnt, he just is getting dispossesed and getting turnovers

besides di maria and callejon are not similair players, sanchez and callejon are.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:17 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Callegoat in Espanyol was the provider not the scorer, he was the one who had to pick out players which is why his passes in our team are clever

now that he can get service from other you see his scoring rise like never before, Also he is a winger and not a Striker/SS like shitty Vela

Callegoat took Espanyol to EL, Vela is saving Sociedad from relegation ffs

Callejon didn't take Espanyol to the EL the whole team did. Espanyol used to have a great squad.

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 pm

They still have, Callgoat used to top their internal assist chart and was the 2nd highest scorer after Osvaldo the CF who usually got 2 more goals than him

When they needed magic it was usually Callegoat who delivered, Vela cant even get shot on target against us ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 pm

It's not even about Callejon vs Sanchez, i dont care about that, it's obvious Sanchez is miles ahead of him, and i am not going to debate that.

If you have to use statistics to compare players, at least put in the work and do it properly.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Sanchez is miles ahead of him in terms of diving i agree

Sanchez is probably a bigger flop than Ibra, he should be happy Villa is injured or else his game time would have been extremely limited
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Two goals more than him ?

While at Espanyol in 44 games Osvaldo scored 20 goals

Meanwhile Callejon scored 12 goals in 106 games

Vela didn't even start against Real so I don't know why that matters, but it is interesting that Vela scored against Barca...

As of now Vela has scored 10 goals and has 7 assists

In Callejon's best season at Espanyol he scored 6 and assisted 7
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:33 pm

You guys honestly think Callejon is better than Sanchez

He's not even better than Vela ffs
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Sanchez's hype is getting ridiculous seriously. i know he was a very good player in Serie A but in La Liga he hasn't shown anything impressive so far.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Which hype? Saying that Sanchez is miles better than Callejon is hyping him?

Saying that Callejon should go to the Euros is hype.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Which hype? Saying that Sanchez is miles better than Callejon is hyping him?

Saying that Callejon should go to the Euros is hype.

Sanchez is not "miles" better than Callejon nor statistically neither performance wise.

Let's say Sanchez is more talented than him but until he don't prove it he does not deserve the hype.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Two goals more than him ?

While at Espanyol in 44 games Osvaldo scored 20 goals

Meanwhile Callejon scored 12 goals in 106 games

Vela didn't even start against Real so I don't know why that matters, but it is interesting that Vela scored against Barca...

As of now Vela has scored 10 goals and has 7 assists

In Callejon's best season at Espanyol he scored 6 and assisted 7

Callejons first season with Espanyol was in the 2008/2009 season, he started out as a sub player

the year after that Callejon(became a regular) got 2 goals and 4 asissts(the highest) and Osvaldo 7 and 0 asisst

the season after that Callejon got 6 goals and 7 asissts(again the highest) whereas Osvaldo got 12 goals and no asissts

i mean its pretty clear who the most useful player was, Garcia was pretty good as well i must agree

Callgoat came from Segunda while Osvaldo was established at Fiorentina et al so to speak

i hope those goals and assists help Sociedad stay away from relegation, Vela played against MAdrid, and when Callegoat played for Espanyol he was a constant nuisance both against us and Barca, maybe one day Vela will finally step up to that level

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:can you guys please stop visiting whoscored.com to compare players, it's just laughable. You either understand the game or you dont. even if i think you are joking, but please stop comparing the passing accuracy and such :facepalm:

Spot on. If you watch them regularly and use stats to prove what you say than fair enough, but judging players based on stats is ridiculous.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
i hope those goals and assists help Sociedad stay away from relegation, Vela played against MAdrid, and when Callegoat played for Espanyol he was a constant nuisance both for us and for Barca, maybe one day Vela will finally step up to that level

Maybe that has to do with the fact that Espanyol has been a much better coached and organized side than Sociedad is recent years? maybe that...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
i hope those goals and assists help Sociedad stay away from relegation, Vela played against MAdrid, and when Callegoat played for Espanyol he was a constant nuisance both for us and for Barca, maybe one day Vela will finally step up to that level

Maybe that has to do with the fact that Espanyol has been a much better coached and organized side than Sociedad is recent year? maybe that...

oohh so its down to coaches these days, Yakubu is coached by Kean yet he has 16 goals i.e. joint 4th while also being out for AFCON

silly excuse
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Why is Callejon at Espanyol being discussed anyways?

Is someone saying Callejon isn't clinical? No team in the world can make you more efficient in terms of shot-to-goal ratio. Callejon knows how to finish his chances, why he didn't at Espanyol, I don't know honestly
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Maybe, because he didn't have Ozil, Di Magia and Benz at Espanyol...

And Im guessing what Nick meant was that Espanyol>>>>>Real Sociedad in almost every way.

And Vela actually scored against Barca
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Maybe that has to do with the fact that Espanyol has been a much better coached and organized side than Sociedad is recent year? maybe that...

oohh so its down to coaches these days, Yakubu is coached by Kean yet he has 16 goals i.e. joint 4th while also being out for AFCON

silly excuse

No, but if you want to put in light the performance of Vela vs Barca or Real to justify that Callejon is a better player, then you have to put in the fact that they are not playing for similar teams.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Vela has his butt budy Griezmann thought he shouldn't need Ozil or di Maria

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 pm

So much unnecessary hate for Vela. Just 'cos he's better than Mehllejon
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Maybe, because he didn't have Ozil, Di Magia and Benz at Espanyol...

And Im guessing what Nick meant was that Espanyol>>>>>Real Sociedad in almost every way.

And Vela actually scored against Barca

He didn't have them and he still scored(second top scorer in their team, not overall but season-wise) and assisted(the highest assister in their team again season-wise) so i dont really see your point

How are Espanyol better than Sociedad??? need i remind you of Callegoats goal against Barca???

@Nick, I remember Griezmann troubling us(not even that, raping us ffs) not so long ago, i guess he plays for Malaga eh??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

So are you saying that Griezmann is better than Callejon? certainly raping>troubling, no? should i check the scoring and passing stats? or are they not playing the same position?

Comparing two players by their performances against two teams is fallacious to begin with. I dont think i should have even encouraged the discussion in that direction.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:02 pm

No i am just saying putting the blame on the coach is hardly the right way to do it, i remeber Callejon always being a trouble to us, Griezmann did have a field day once but that was it(hope he goes to Pathetico they really would need him). This hasnt been a season for him so far tbh, but he has potential, no doubt about that

People say Vela is better because he is better technically, i remember Quaresma being useless despite his technique

i give them both scoring stats, they tell me Vela doesnt have the supporting players Callejon does, i give them the stats from when he was at Espanyol they say they have different coaches, how do you compare players then???

Heck i think Valdo has been better than Vela(and Callejon for that matter) by quite some margin and he plays for Levante, who eat Burgers and drink beer to keep them going

To say that Vela who has started 23 games and been subbed in 9 times better than Callejon who has started a mere 9 times and been subbed in 21 times and despite that having better stats is incredibly disrespectful
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 pm

Comparing players by their goalscoring numbers is not also incredibly skewed to me, it doesnt tell us exactly how important those goals are for example.

And even on stats alone, Vela is already having a better season statistically than Callejon when he was a starter for Espanyol, 10goals, 7 assists with 6 games to go.

Callejon is having an unusual scoring season for his standards, but if we are to compare him with another player, it's better to talk about their overall impact on the game. How important and decisive have they been for their teams?

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Se7en wrote:This is a disgrace, Callejon shouldn't be compared to Vela. He should be compared to Sanchez ffs, both of them cant dribble but Callejon >>>> Sanchez

Better goal to ratio (same amount of goals in ALOT less minutes Laughing ), better pass %, getting MUCH less dispossed (0.6 compared to 2 per game lol) MUCH less turnovers (0.2 vs 2.2)

Both are equal in workrate I think, only stat Sanchez is leading (bar dispossed and turnovers) is assists ffs, but he has played 1000 minutes more aswell... lol

Sure, Callejon can't do much more than scoring, but he doesn't lose the ball, he has nice off ball movements, so he provides a great substitution from the bench

Oh, I forgot to mention Sanchez special talent Barca clearly bought him for, he is a superior diver. That is obvious, he has been winning alot of fouls for Barca :coffee:

Sanchez can't dribble? Callejon better than Sanchez? Dear (insert deity of your choice), is football that complicated to understand?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:16 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

silly excuse

What ACON? hmm don't lie!
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 am

Personally see Vela as most skilled, as for the debate lol, not because I'm a Barca fan, but Sanchez is most definitely better than Cajellon. Pep has told Sanchez to not do his dribbles so we do not risk losing possession, so comparing his dribbling to now is a bit unfair to be honest, let alone if he were able to do those dribbles in Italy, mind you they have better defence compared to the Spanish league, then I doubt it's much of a challenge to replicate it here, if our manager let him.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next