Jeps33178
Bellabong
justdoit_
Tomwin Lannister
10 posters

Go down

VFB stuttgart. Empty VFB stuttgart.

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

I remember that for a while now they have been a very poor side lying quite low down in the table compared to a few years ago. What has changed to get them into such food form?

I ask this because I just watched the last 30 minutes of the game against Bremen which ended 4-1 to stuttgart. Now since losing to Hannover they have picked up something like 26 goals in 9 matches.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

VFB stuttgart. Empty Re: VFB stuttgart.

Post by justdoit_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 pm

TomJuve wrote:Now since losing to Hannover they have picked up something like 26 goals in 9 matches.
Damn. That's crazy impressive. Four of them against BVB, too.

I don't know everything about them, but I know for sure that the youth academy they've got is one of the best there is.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 pm

They finished 12th last season, I'm pretty confident they didn't spend heavy in the summer and now they are 3 points behind 4th place although they have played an extra game.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Ibiseviç was a masterclass winter signing.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:02 pm

They lost Mario Godmez and Sami Khedira since they were last successful VFB stuttgart. 2859867778
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Martin Harnik plays the best season of his career with i think 16 goals + Ibisevic + Schieber they have a nice attack.

The most important transfer in the summer was Kvist imo.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:18 pm

justdoit_ wrote:

I don't know everything about them, but I know for sure that the youth academy they've got is one of the best there is.

Ganbry is a another one of the youth academy who will make it big. Also Didavi, on loan to Stuttgart right now.

Kvist was in my team of the first half of the season already, great player. Harnik is the form of his life as well right now, should have been more patient before declaring for Austria, would get a call-up from Löw now for sure. He's always watching Stuttgart.

Ibisevic made them harder to figure out. Schieber is almost back to his old pre-injury form as well.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:19 pm

That's typical for Stuttgart. They usually get a great run in the "Rückrunde" (2nd half of the season) after totally messing up the start.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Serge Gnabry wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:

Ganbry is a another one of the youth academy who will make it big. Also Didavi, on loan to Stuttgart right now.

Kvist was in my team of the first half of the season already, great player. Harnik is the form of his life as well right now, should have been more patient before declaring for Austria, would get a call-up from Löw now for sure. He's always watching Stuttgart.

Ibisevic made them harder to figure out. Schieber is almost back to his old pre-injury form as well.
Gnarby
Didavi
Serdar Tasci
Andreas Beck
Mario Gomez
Alex Merkel
Sami Khedira
Bernd Leno
Sven Ulreich
Timo Hildebrand
Kevin Kuranyi
Holger Badstuber before being swept up by Bayern
A couple others; Scheiber, Andreas Hinkel, Sebastian Rudy

... :vagi:
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Interesting that Harnik has scored 17 goals playing out wide ,or atleast whenever i have watched Stuttgart he's being played out wide..Pretty hardworking player , tracks back and helps out the defense.Those two Japanese imports are pretty good too.

Talking about Stuttgart youth what happened to Stefano Celozzi ? I was impressed when i first saw him 2 years ago.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I'll be keeping an eye on stuttgart. It would be nice to see them in the CL again although Monchen deserve it too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:40 pm

TomJuve wrote:I remember that for a while now they have been a very poor side lying quite low down in the table compared to a few years ago. What has changed to get them into such food form?

I ask this because I just watched the last 30 minutes of the game against Bremen which ended 4-1 to stuttgart. Now since losing to Hannover they have picked up something like 26 goals in 9 matches.

What they basically did a couple seasons back was overestimating their remaining squad.

They got a bit over 30 million Euros for Gomez, and like 12 for Khedira, their two best players. They then reinvested only 8 or 10 of those millions, and divided the rest up between paying for their new (and awesome) stadium and their piggy bank (which was stupid) - after that they crashed and burned, also having pretty bad managers for a while. They had to endure Armin Veh, those poor guys.

Now they got Half-Season-Wonder Bruno Labbadia who always manages to get half a great season, which is typical for Stuttgart as well. They must still have money lying around though, so if they make the EL, expect them to make 2 or 3 mid-range signings for maybe 20m combined, if they stay domestic, they'll probably spend small and try to qualify for Europe again.

Honestly I'm a bit puzzled, I think they're just too conservative with their money, they must still have a couple dozen millions lying around from the Gomez sale...

That being said, they've historically seldom stayed down long, their past two seasons probably were their worst, I'd expect them to bounce back, they always were one of the Bayern chasers for the past 10 years or so, about in the league of Dortmund, Schalke, Hamburg, Neverkusen and Bremen. Of course Hambrug is collapsing fast, and nobody really knows what is going on with Neverkusen.

Stuttgart are a team who would've constantly had a decent chance of winning the UEFA cup, when the tournament was still called that.

And again, they got a capable spine, give them two or three quality signings and they're fighting for UCL spots again.
Labbadia is a half-decent coach as well, they could've done worse. If he were to leave they'd probably woo Rangnick again.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Good post man. +1
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:26 am

Well
VivaStPauli wrote:Honestly I'm a bit puzzled, I think they're just too conservative with their money, they must still have a couple dozen millions lying around from the Gomez sale...
They are Swabians, what do you expect? If there is a German ethnic group that always saves money, it is them! Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:03 am

Did you know that the Scottish originally were Swabians exiled from their homeland for being too wasteful?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:37 pm

guys, correction in ur commentys

Gnabry is an Arsenal player now, so good they promoted him from U-18s to reserves and he is still 16

proof
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: