theaguia
fatman123
iNFINITY9910
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official AVB thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official AVB thread

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 pm

It was not really a press conference eh? Just an interview by ChelseaTV. it seems done lol

iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:50 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:It was not really a press conference eh? Just an interview by ChelseaTV. it seems done lol

lol really?

they usually have press conferences with the new manager if im not mistaken.....

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I think its on Friday? if im not mistaken.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:I think its on Friday? if im not mistaken.

Oh well, it will be stupid to expect him to announce his transfer targets in the conference lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Boas ftw!! Bring us glory!
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:28 am

I think he is very good looking :Coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:46 am

Haha true that... btw your coffee guy failed sepi Razz (simple C) Very Happy

Last edited by iNFINITY9910 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 am

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01332/POP-UP-200_1332427j.jpg

The Official AVB thread - Page 2 POP-UP-200_1332427j

( i didnt do anything illegal to take that pic from their website lol)

thats a part of the report he made against Newcastle United... Very Happy MOLE! Very Happy

SUNSPORT can reveal today exactly what makes Chelsea's new manager Andre Villas-Boas tick.
In his first interview since being officially appointed as Stamford Bridge boss for the next three years, Villas-Boas reveals:
How he is going to inspire and lead the stars he is inheriting - some of whom, like Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, are the same age as him at 33.
There will not be wholesale changes at the club.
He will have one-to-ones with Chelsea's stars upon their return from holiday before deciding whether they have a future at the club.
In another fascinating insight into how the young Portuguese manager reads and analyses the game, we are publishing a report Villas-Boas wrote in 2005, when he was first at Chelsea working as a scout alongside former boss Jose Mourinho.
Much of his thinking then has formed his philosophy for the game now and how he will approach his new mission.
Villas-Boas said: "I'm a firm believer that motivation is the most decisive rule in football.
"Of course, you have to have good organisation and a good leadership process.
"I am happy with my technical staff to defend a certain way of how the game should be played. We are very proud of that.
"We like attacking football and creative football. But, above all, we like players to take the responsibility of assuming certain types of decisions.
"We are a technical staff that incentivises a lot of players to take their own decisions.
"In the end, you can train a lot of things. But it is their decisions in the game, their feeling, their intuition - and to make the better decisions, they must feel motivated constantly to win.
"We focus a lot on that. We will work on that ambition, basically based on the fact this squad has kept winning all of these past years and wants to win all the time.
"This hunger for success everybody has is the decisive part of our game."
Villas-Boas' philosophy is based on a simple principle. To exploit his players' talent he must convince them to want to work to fulfil their full potential.

Enlarge
He added: "We just want to introduce our philosophy and mould it into what is the culture of English football and English players.
"Gradually we will see where we can ride. To exploit talent you need to give freedom of choice to the players.
"You need to find things inside them that they know they have but, for some reason, they are not exploiting. A player at their full potential is what we are looking for."
Villas-Boas insisted that before bringing in new blood he wants to see if the stars already at the Bridge still have the hunger to compete at the highest level.
Ashley Cole, Lampard, John Terry, Drogba and a host of other aces will all have crunch talks with him at the start of pre-season.
Speaking to Chelsea TV, he continued: "I want to keep things calm and steady and make people reflect on the quality we have.
"It is normal for any club to look into the market but also to respect the quality of the players it has.
"A lot of players will come back in July. And I want to see them get back together and feel their motivations, their expectations and make the better decisions.
"In the end it's about making better decisions for the squad and for the club. So, no radical changes.
"We need to absorb things, respect our winning past and try to focus on 2011-12 as a year where we can continue to win."
The report Villas-Boas wrote on Chelsea's game against Newcastle six years ago gives a riveting insight into how meticulously he prepares a team for glory.
You can see in detail how Villas-Boas X-rayed Chelsea's opponents to give their star-studded squad an edge which led to a resounding 3-0 victory.
Villas-Boas declared: "There's always a part of football that is unknown to the public and, when it's unlocked, they absorb it with extreme interest. This is nothing new.
"The report got leaked when we were here still. It's normal and every club does it to take things into detail."
The new Chelsea boss still keeps every report he had compiled for Mourinho, including the one for the home clash with Newcastle back on November 19, 2005.

Villas-Boas said: "I still keep those reports from Chelsea. All of them. You can see them on the internet. One was leaked."
In the leaked five-page report, Villas-Boas gave Chelsea's players a complete breakdown of the Magpies.
He wrote things like: "They're extremely vulnerable in first phase under pressure and Boumsong commits silly mistakes by trying first station passes to Parker and Emre."
Or: "Apart from the times Owen shuffles to the wings, Shearer always plays behind in order to feed the ball to him.
"It's important for us to have mechanisms of defence (full-backs closing well inside) to the second ball played from Shearer."
The Blues' victory helped them on their way to a second successive Premier League title under Mourinho.
Villas-Boas no longer compiles reports. He now has his very own spy, Daniel Sousa, who he believes will one day be a manager too.
Chelsea's new boss concluded: "Don't expect something from one man. Expect us to create a group dynamic of everyone getting together, of the fans getting together, of everyone getting excited with the motivation that is around us and the new way of communicating, the new leadership.
"The challenge is to keep winning and I am an individual who has that hunger for success. I want to keep it that way."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3653640/SunSport-reveals-exactly-what-makes-Chelseas-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-tick.html#ixzz1Q5VqflkW
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:46 am

VILLAS-BOAS: Five things he MUST do before the season starts.

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2011/06/villas-boas-five-things-he-must-do.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

five things HE MUST DO between now and the beginning of the season so have a read and see if you agree with me:

1. Make an immediate impact in the first meeting with the players.

It's all well and good being appointed as the new manager at a club. However, this isn't just any club. This is Chelsea and these are world class players. For the majority of the players here they have seen some big big names and world class coaches come and go so he must make an impact. He needs to make an really great first impression. By the time the players and AVB go their separate ways after that very first day's training, each and every single player that is part and parcel of his plans for the season needs to have bought into Villas-Boas' way!.

2. He must "handle" our big names and ego's.

There have been rumours of player power at Chelsea for a couple of years now with what has been the key and established names at the club. Some people call it ego's and maybe they are right. Some people seem to see themselves as "invincible" and this mentality has to go. AVB's message MUST BE plain and simple. You either buy into my methods and what I am trying to achieve for all of us here or you are out the door!. Last season we saw elements of players putting their own personal objectives ahead of the team and AVB needs to bring certain players down a peg or two. The big ego's at the club must align with the rest of the group and the collective.

3. To impress and motivate the players instantly in training.

People forget that training happens daily and is much more intense during pre season. I guess it can become mundane and repetitive. I have read that the Porto players loved his training methods and preparation. His focus is similar to Jose Mourinho's when it comes to pre season and that's to work with the ball from the very first day of pre season training rather than spending countless days running for miles. The players must buy into his training methods from the first moment onwards.

I have also read that a tactic he used when he took over Porto and the first time he met the players was to show them a DVD he put together of Benfica's title celebrations the season before. He made the players sit there and watch it all and quite simply stated after it had finished "Remember the hurt you all felt seeing that, we do not want to feel this way again" and instantly gave his players the motivation and focus for the season ahead. This could be happening at Cobham in a couple of weeks time!.

4. To make at least one big name / marquee signing.

Speculation will now intensify surrounding AVB's appointment and possible transfer targets. A whole host of names will be mentioned and talked about for weeks until the season starts. For any new manager at a club you would want to put your own stamp on things. There's no better way in addition to everything I have said above, than to bring in a big signing to freshen things up and give everyone a lift. At the same time, those players that are no longer considered part of his plans need to be shown the door sooner rather than later.

5. He simply must have a "Plan B".

It's fair to say that Carlo Ancelotti lacked a Plan B and Chelsea suffered for it last season. In so many games last year the team looked like they needed something different and looked to Carlo and it never came. Jose set the precedent here with his ability to outclass his managerial opponent tactically with changes made in games and AVB will need to come up with the same.

It's all well and good having a game plan but this is football and how many times have we seen a thought out game plan go up in flames within minutes of a game starting (United away in the League last season anyone!?). I just felt that Chelsea were prepared to play a certain way and if it didn't work, the changes that were made for a player for a player in the same position and not a tactical change. AVB needs to ensure that our players know there will always be a backup plan to get results.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:47 am

Andre Villas-Boas And Chelsea: (Great?) Expectations

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/6/23/2238864/andre-villas-boas-chelsea-expectations

Now that we've given our lovely new manager Andre Villas-Boas a proper welcome to Stamford Bridge, I thought it would be a good idea to lay down some reasonable expectations for him. However, after going through his interview a few more times, I realised that would be a bit silly. Villas-Boas goal is to create a strong group dynamic involving the entirety of the team - he says it's not about any one man, after all - and in that vein it's probably best to make sure everyone knows what they should be doing over the next year.

To Andre Villas-Boas

Win. I recognise that's a tricky proposition - you will, after all, be up against plenty of good teams and the squad you have right now is beginning to show its age. To be fair, I'm not demanding trophies. Only a lunatic thinks that you can win every competition you enter no matter how good the team is, and you're no lunatic. I think you know, however, that you have the team to be competitive in every game you play, and therefore I would quite like it if you were realistically competitive elsewhere. None of this relying on a miracle at Old Trafford to make up for three months of earning no points business, please.

You don't need me to tell you to be a good tactician and a good man-manager. You're both of those things. Please do keep your ego in check, however. I know you have one, and frankly I'd be worried if you didn't, but on the whole I think everyone could learn a lot from our previous manager in terms of self-conduct. You've made a good impression, but there are times when you'll want to snap. Don't. Also, please play the kids, but only if they deserve it.

So, basically, I'm asking you to win a lot and be a combination of the best parts of Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti. No pressure, right?

To The Technical Staff

I'm sorry I don't know all of your names. Some of you will be new to Chelsea, but the rest of you are very old hands. You know how this goes. Give the manager and the team your utmost support. Remember that he's been where yo are now, and he worked his bottom off for Jose Mourinho. Please do the same for him.

To Roman Abramovich

The media like to portray you as some sort of buffoon who happens to have a lot of money. This is clearly a rather silly caricature, because it's quite hard to make said money if you're irredeemably stupid and impulsive. So, on the assumption that you are not, in fact, a fool, you'll be aware that you've just hired a man who could well be the long-term answer to our problems.

Please don't jeopardise the possibility of it working out in the long run by being impatient. I don't think you will, to be honest. The only other appointment in your tenure that's been remotely comparable was Jose Mourinho, and just because he won and wasn't fired doesn't mean he would have been fired had he not started winning everything as early as he did. But just in case you were expecting an instant success, tone it down a little, ok?

To The Veterans

You may be inclined to try to assert your authority over the new manager. In a way, that's understandable. Most of you are highly accomplished and used to getting what you want. Please do continue to fight for what you think is right, or what you happen to believe in. That's more than fine. but do so respectfully, as Andre Villas-Boas is deserving of your respect. He has worked just as hard at being a manager as you have at being a footballer, and that makes him more than capable of being your manager now.

Listen to him at training and execute his ideas. Follow his instructions on the pitch. You will disagree from time to time. That's ok, as long as it's done behind closed doors. The power some of you wield is immense, but also very dangerous. Please don't abuse it because you're having a strop. Villas-Boas is attempting to forge a new team spirit, and he so far seems to be all about the 'we'. Don't make it about the you.

Oh, and please win. You're the ones playing, after all.

To The Younger Players

Listen. Listen to the manager, of course - he's a lot smarter than you are - but listen to everyone around you (don't listen to the fans or media though, on account of we're stupid). The older players have been exactly where you are before, and if you looked up to them while you were younger remember that they're more than aware that you're being forged as their successors. And they want Chelsea to keep winning after they're retired.

Don't fret when you don't get playing time. You're at Chelsea Football Club, one of the top sides in the world, and that'll make your eventually first team football that much more rewarding. Failing is good, because it teaches you things. If you're learning from it, enough failure will make you a star.

To David Luiz

Hi there sexy!

[MESSAGE REDACTED]

Lots of Love,

-Graham

To The Fans

Keep your expectations reasonable. Andre Villas-Boas is a top manager and Chelsea are a top club, but that doesn't guarantee us the Champions League trophy we want. In fact, it doesn't guarantee us any trophies at all, so while we can certainly hope for silverware expecting it to arrive is silly. It's not our birthright to win every competition under the sun every year.

So what might be a more reasonable set of expectations? Well, expect a) pretty football and b) competitiveness. Don't be overly concerned by losing games (it happens, you know). Do be concerned by the team playing consistently badly. Also, don't give the manager or team your blind support - we love them to pieces, every single one, but that doesn't mean we can't speak up when we disagree.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

I know its all long and etc.. but good stuff Very Happy Hail Twitter! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 pm

you're loving this arn't you Infinity?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Haha yeah. But tbh its interesting Very Happy and im pretty much free these days. Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:39 pm

I have 5 days till I'm free. (last exam in 5 days.)
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

After about a month or so I would be super duper busy I guess.. not much posting then Sad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Well get posting now to make up for it!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 am

The title of this thread should be renamed "the offical Villas-Boas thread."

Some really interesting read I9910
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:18 am

kick mars wrote:Well get posting now to make up for it!

hehe yeah Very Happy thats what im doing Very Happy But i only comment on anything related to Chelsea...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 am

Blue wrote:The title of this thread should be renamed "the offical Villas-Boas thread."

Some really interesting read I9910

thanx mate Smile and will do Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Andre Villas-Boas will be given the chance to outline his plans for Chelsea when he is officially unveiled as the club's new boss on Wednesday.

At just 33, the Portuguese coach will be the youngest boss in the English top flight after he succeeded experienced Italian Carlo Ancelotti once the release from his contract with Porto had been agreed.

Villas-Boas promised evolution not revolution after succeeding Ancelotti, who celebrated an historic league and FA Cup double in his first full season at the helm before being unceremoniously axed after a barren campaign.

However, some changes behind the scenes are predicted, with long-serving first-team assistant coach Paul Clement set to leave, along with fitness coach Glen Driscoll and club doctor Bryan English.

The Blues' opening pre-season friendly against Vitesse Arnhem in Holland on July 9 has been cancelled at the request of the new manager, who wants more preparation time with the squad.

Villas-Boas is looking to bring in a new number two, after his preferred choice Vitor Pereira was appointed as his successor at Porto. Fitness coach Jose Mario Rocha and senior scout Daniel Sousa are, though, set to follow from the Dragons.

Michael Emenalo, assistant first-team coach under Ancelotti, could take up a technical director role.

The new Chelsea boss is also expected to be busy in the transfer market ahead of the new campaign, with Colombia striker Radamel Falcao and midfielder Joao Moutinho expected to follow him to Stamford Bridge from Porto.

Villas-Boas - whose release from his Porto contract cost some 13.2million Euros (£11.8million) - is also likely to face questions over whether he was first choice for the position.

Following Ancelotti's dismissal, it was widely reported former caretaker manager Guus Hiddink had emerged as the Blues' top target to reprise the role he enjoyed on a temporary basis following the departure of Luiz Felipe Scolari when guiding the Blues to FA Cup victory at Wembley in 2009.

However, after Villas-Boas was confirmed, Chelsea maintained the Portuguese coach was the "outstanding candidate for the job" and there had been no formal approach to the Dutchman, who remains in his post with the Turkish Football Federation.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I thought this thread was about Armin Van Buuren.
I was gravely mistaken.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 pm

RobbyV wrote:I thought this thread was about Armin Van Buuren.
I was gravely mistaken.

Haha now that you mentioned the ultra awesome person.. i cant resist not to post a song Very Happy

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:45 am

Currently having his first press conference atm.

Di Matteo <3 confirmed as part of the technical staff. Solid proof that no outsider actually knows what goes on at the club.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:17 am

LOL totally.. its awesome tbh. Press is pretty much like us Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team