Zealous
guest7
EarlyPrototype
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def Empty Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

both end of the pitch, who do you rate as the best on 1v1, spare us the obvious messi lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def Empty Re: Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm

I think Robinho is great in the 1 v 1, useless at nearly everything else nowadays though.

I think Dani Alves is a great 1 v 1 defender, which is important to us, which is something people dont seem to recognise with him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def Empty Re: Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Attack - Joaquin/Robinho

Defense - Thiago Silva

Ronaldo when running at you on the counter is near impossible to stop too......
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

1v1 it's between Puyol and Thiago Silva.

Never see Silva beaten, and Puyol is terrific in 1v1 situations. One of his strenghts.

Disagree on Alves being great on 1v1's, how often haven't we seen him diving into tackles prematurely? Lacks the composure to be best at 1v1.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

Epep is great in a 1v1 defensive situation when he isn't murdering someone.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Pepe is very difficult to get past mano a mano.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Pepe is very difficult to get past mano a mano.

Humble Albi :bow:

Puyol 1v1 in the box is tough to beat as well.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

everyone is impossible to stop running at you on the counter, all it takes is to kick the ball out of the defender's reach...

generally inverted wingers are impossible to stop, if there was a way to prevent a sudden cutback to the inside of the pitch robben wouldn't have a career
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Se7en wrote:
Disagree on Alves being great on 1v1's, how often haven't we seen him diving into tackles prematurely? Lacks the composure to be best at 1v1.

Not often at all.

You rarely see people go by him 1 v 1, dont know what your on about.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:08 pm

che wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:

everyone is impossible to stop running at you on the counter, all it takes is to kick the ball out of the defender's reach...

generally inverted wingers are impossible to stop, if there was a way to prevent a sudden cutback to the inside of the pitch robben wouldn't have a career

Taking a defender on when you have momentum is an advantage yeh....but I honeslty can't think of someone other than Messi that can be as dangerous when they are coming at you with speed.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:09 pm

well obviously you'll have an advantage if your ball control is better but that doesn't make you great at 1v1s...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Thiago Silva/Vidic/Masch/Zanetti (i cant recall someone getting past them) and Nerman/Di Maria/Aguero off the top of my head

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Ganso wrote:Thiago Silva/Vidic/Masch/Zanetti (i cant recall someone getting past them) and Nerman/Di Maria/Aguero off the top of my head

Ha ! Many people have gone past Vidic..... Torres and Agbonlahor have skinned him on many occasions and Eto'o made him look average in CL final.

He's a great defender but please lets not make him something he isnt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Well,ive only started following the epl like 1-2 years ago.Im pretty new to football
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomasso Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Zanetti. I remember him dominating Messi and a 1v1 as well as other instances.
Tomasso
Tomasso
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

defense - coentrao!!!!!!!

attack - neymar

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Koscielny is a beast at 1v1s.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ganso wrote:Thiago Silva/Vidic/Masch/Zanetti (i cant recall someone getting past them) and Nerman/Di Maria/Aguero off the top of my head

Ha ! Many people have gone past Vidic..... Torres and Agbonlahor have skinned him on many occasions and Eto'o made him look average in CL final.

He's a great defender but please lets not make him something he isnt.

You always sound like some kind of Conspiracy theorist.lol

Did you watch him vs Aguero this year in the 1-6 demolition.He was so tightly marked ,Aguero literally couldnt get any breathing space.

And once he limped off,the rest was history.Again this a 1v1 debate and Vidic is top class in that aspect.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Surag supporting Bayern :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Chiellini is damn near impossible to beat 1v1. Very fast, especially for a big guy, very smart tactically, and incredibly strong.

Robben is best in the world at taking on his man after Messi in my opinion. One of the fastest players, plus his dribbling is second only to Messi. Hes a bit one dimensional with cutting in and letting rip with his left foot, but the fact that he constantly does it, yet no one can stop it just shows how good he is. Ribery is more unpredictable, and he would also rank in the Top 5 in my opinion for taking on a man 1v1.

Defensively, Lahm, Vidal, and Ashley Cole are also excellent, and offensively, Podolski, Vucinic, and Del Piero are crazy good too.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Robben,Lahm,Cole,Podolski,Vucinic?..no offense but what is this,i dont even
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:57 pm

messi

varane deal with it Cool

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Ganso wrote:Robben,Lahm,Cole,Podolski,Vucinic?..no offense but what is this,i dont even

Whats wrong with my points?

Robben is one of the best dribblers in the world, and cnsistebtly beats defenders. Hes somewhat onedimensional, but even though the defenders know what hes going to do, they still cant stop him.

Podolski consistentlygets the ball and tries to do it all himself, dribbling a defender or two and unleashing a shot. And it works alot of the time. Koln have been struggling, but efficiency, turning chancesinto goals, theyre among the best in the Bundesliga. A few weeks ago, they were #1 even. Podolski is their talisman, the guy who regularly beats defenders and either lays one off and buries one himself.

Vucinic consistently beats one or two defenders and eventually loses it because he tries to take on 4 or 5.

When do you EVER see attackers get in behind Cole or especially Lahm unless theyre caught upfield? Never.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:03 pm

juventus101 wrote:Chiellini is damn near impossible to beat 1v1. Very fast, especially for a big guy, very smart tactically, and incredibly strong.

Who are the best 1v1 players? att & def Slovakia+v+Italy+Group+F+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+GJRHrvn9Aeyl

remember? :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

juventus101 wrote:
Ganso wrote:Robben,Lahm,Cole,Podolski,Vucinic?..no offense but what is this,i dont even

Whats wrong with my points?

Robben is one of the best dribblers in the world, and cnsistebtly beats defenders. Hes somewhat onedimensional, but even though the defenders know what hes going to do, they still cant stop him.

Podolski consistentlygets the ball and tries to do it all himself, dribbling a defender or two and unleashing a shot. And it works alot of the time. Koln have been struggling, but efficiency, turning chancesinto goals, theyre among the best in the Bundesliga. A few weeks ago, they were #1 even. Podolski is their talisman, the guy who regularly beats defenders and either lays one off and buries one himself.

Vucinic consistently beats one or two defenders and eventually loses it because he tries to take on 4 or 5.

When do you EVER see attackers get in behind Cole or especially Lahm unless theyre caught upfield? Never.
I was going to completely answer you until i read your last sentence.I saw Cole get beaten twice yesterday ffs
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next