Die Borussen
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
Swanhends
15 posters

Go down

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers Empty Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:05 am

http://5addedminutes.com/2012/04/16/messi-vs-ronaldo-a-goal-scoring-comparison/

Now that this guy has completely covered this topic in almost mind-numbing detail, perhaps we can stop debating this topic! GET INNNNNN!!!!! cheers banana :dance:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers Empty Re: Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers

Post by Doc Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 am

Well that's that really but I'm sure someone would find a way to disregard such factual data. We seem to be natural politicians on this board...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers Empty Re: Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers

Post by Swanhends Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 am

5 Extra Minutes wrote:Largely though, there are no major differences between the goal-scoring habits of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Both players score the proportion of important and unimportant goals that you’d expect – an inevitability rather than a criticism. Instead, it’s the sheer quantity of their contributions that is extraordinary.

Posts to the contrary should now be considered trolling hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 am

Both are crap and merely just stat padding whores :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 am

Yet over three seasons, Xavi has shown a surprising knack of scoring and creating big chances when it counts. By calculating the expected points added from both goals and assists, Xavi’s average contribution weight (ACW) is 0.67

I too, have noticed Xavi really has a knack of popping in when you really need him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 am

Despite a near-identical goal tally, Ronaldo’s EPA is marginally higher than Messi, which suggests he scores more important goals than the Argentinean on average.

hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 am

The highest contribution of Ronaldo's goals to the Expected Points Added come from penalties.

The highest contribution of Messi's goals to the Expected Points Added come from unassisted goals.

:coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 am

kiranr wrote:
The highest contribution of Ronaldo's goals to the Expected Points Added come from penalties.

The highest contribution of Messi's goals to the Expected Points Added come from unassisted goals.

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers Call

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:29 pm

kiranr wrote:

Cristiano's second highest is from Di Maria which is much higher than the rest of Messi's sources.

Messi is also selfish and Ronaldo is a team player :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:24 am

wow...barca and real fans only quoting parts that match their opinions scratch

this analysis only shows which player was more important for their team and not who is better.

and the results are normal cuz messi always had xaviesta, villa, alves and others playing good, while ronaldo alone saved madrid's last 2 season as, except this season, most of Real Madrid's players were inconsistent.

that's my opinion. smoking
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:56 am

kiranr wrote:

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers Messronepa7

Check the difference in amount of goals that is unassisted between Messi and Ronaldo. Then check the EPA. Messi have almost double the amount of unassisted goals. But the difference isn't big at all in "EPA".

Meaning. Messi score alot of his wonder-unassisted-goals when it doesn't matter. Ronaldo does it almost as much when it does.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 am

Oh, and:

paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 am

Laughing

Having almost double the number of unassisted goals, yet having a higher contribution to EPA indicates Messi did it way more often than Ronaldo in crucial situations.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:17 am

RONALDO :bow:

Balondor here we come
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 am

Barca and Madrid fans on this forum are just too hilarious! Keep it going I'm getting the popcorn. drinking
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:35 am

Exhaustive comparison of CR and Messi as goal-scorers 550200_344978142227774_309369765788612_1009126_1575312765_n

dat vision :bow:

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 am

Analysis of who is more important to the team is incomplete without taking assists into account, tbh.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:45 am

All these stats dont mean much to me, I have always said this Messi is a better player. But the difference between Messi and Ronaldo is minuscule. If Messi is a 10, then Ronaldo is atleast 9.5 at minimum.

This is what Messi fans want to say: Messi is the greatest, but Ronaldo is just a good player. But you cant have it both way, bloody double standards. Either say Messi is the best, but Ronaldo is up there too. Or both MEssi and Ronaldo are good players in this generation. I dont see too much difference between the two, but I find Messi slightly the better player (also cause I like him way more than Ronaldo).

The fact that I defend Ronaldo here quite a bit shows such low level of intelligence of Messi fans. Say Messi is the greatest, and I will support you. But you cant say Messi is greatest, but Ronaldo is just good. This is obviously based on the last three CR/Messi threads.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:53 am

based on the info i saw in that link.

i think its safe to conclude that Messi is the greatest and Ronaldo is just good.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 am

viepr149 wrote:based on the info i saw in that link.

i think its safe to conclude that Messi is the greatest and Ronaldo is just good.

That wasnt my conclusion at all. And that definetly wasnt the conclusion of the guy who made the graphs. I'd like to know how and why you reached that conclusion. I'm feeling that you were just being sarcastic, but not sure.

Messi scores more goals unassisted, nobody here ever said he didn't. But what those charts bring up is that Ronaldo scores important goals more frequently, or atleast at the same rate (if we take penalties out of the equation, which you Barca fans probabbly want to). Both players are incredible. The argument that needs to end is "Messi is in another dimension, it's insulting to even compare Ronaldo to him".

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down