Doc
The Franchise
M99
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gaitan to United Pretty much Confirmed - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaitan to United Pretty much Confirmed

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:39 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:SAF doesn't need central midfielders, because all Man Utd actions are crossings lol

Scholes begs to differ.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Gaitan to United Pretty much Confirmed - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaitan to United Pretty much Confirmed

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Agree rg.

Mole, who played 10?

Gaitan to United Pretty much Confirmed - Page 2 Hatem_ben_arfa_2188967b
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Thought so.

I dont really consider him a 10, but he does the role very well. So yeah, I would include him.

But one of the very rare few.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:47 pm

Sessegnon?

Taarabt plays the same role as HBA, just different side.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Like Silva, Taarbt and Sessegnon have responsibilty in wide areas traditional number 10 do not have.

Especially Taarbt.

Those two are guys put on the flank and have the freedom to come inside.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:55 pm

banana

My only worry is due to his high transfer fee he could flop, but I dont think he will. SAF :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Sess? No.

They've got McClean + Larsson holding it down in the wide positions.

He's a #10/CAM/whatever you want to call it.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thought so.

I dont really consider him a 10, but he does the role very well. So yeah, I would include him.

But one of the very rare few.

Me neither, its just a case of his technical ability being so great that he can pull it off same as Cabaye really people consider him a deep lying playmaker but i dont see it...... he's a b2b midfielder with great technical ability so he can pull it off.

In any case your point still stand though because it took us into March to put him in a role that suits him Laughing

And it's not always a #10 sometimes it is but quite alot its play left or right but allowed to go where he wants.

There is'nt many proper natural #10's in this league mainly because theres alot of 4-4-2 variations so players that might be good as #10's will be forced out wide.

I think its getting better compared to what it was years ago as played like Zola, Beardsley etc etc were always forced out wide.

Even Mata for lots of this season was playing wide, mainly because this league is still dominated by wing play and i dont see changing too much anytime soon.

So formations like 4-3-1-2 and the such like will always be outcasted and even if you do use them they dont provide you with success......

Look at Spurs when they switched from Lennon-Modric-Parker-Bale to Modric-Parker-Sandro-Bale the results started nose diving.

Playing #10's can work IMO but they have to be flanked by wingers and only one CF like Spurs in first half of the year.

Another thing about VDV i dont think i have considered him a #10 just like i have never considered Cesc a #10.

Mind you i have always been very typical with #10s they have to be orchestrating the whole midfield like Riquelme.

When i see #10's dribbling and shooting i just cant take them seriously lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:22 pm

They say Barca are trying to revolutionise football by playing with a team of midfielders. Fergie is topping that by playing football purely on the wings. :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:47 pm

A fantastic player but United don't need another winger.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I swear SAF is trolling us United fans when it comes new players recently...He has to be.

Last edited by RED 80s. on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Good, now Hazard hasvto choose from City, Spurs and Chelsea.

There is no way we will lose out on him now!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Macheda to tear apart the Portuguese league. :bow:
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Sauce? :vagi:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Kick wrote:Good, now Hazard hasvto choose from City, Spurs and Chelsea.

There is no way we will lose out on him now!

I dont think Hazard ever considered Spurs imo. The day he announced he was leaving for an english club, some journo asked him if a club like Spurs would interest him and he said yes (to be polite), talked a bit about them, how they were doing good and all, and said yes. Then the medias took over and said he would go to spurs, im sure Spurs themselves contacted him and his agent, and surely they didnt pushed them away. But knowing hazard, he is ambitious as feck, england is a stepping stone for him, his real objective is Real or Barca, but he knows he would struggle to start for either now. He will surely join you imo, he is guaranteed to become a starter at chelsea will little to 0 competition. At City he has to deal with Nasri and co, but you need CL footy maybe.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 pm

I will say that I forgot Macheda existed...he came on late against Basel, I think...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:41 pm

they really don't need another 10 or forward ffs......

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Gaitan can play in a lot of different positions. I actually like the buy, and who knows maybe some of the players United have now wont play that much next year like Berba this year so he may need Gaitan to play in a couple different positions.

This looks more like a buy to help in the CL then the EPL. It was painfully obvious United needed more players who has great ball skills and could control the midfield in Europe and IMO you can play Gaitan all over the midfield plus he helped overrun United's midfield in Europe so SAF must have seen something he likes.

The Bilbao games made it very obvious they need more technical players in the midfield and the comparison with Pep is right on. It's not so much that Pep wants all Mids and SAF wants all Wingers it's that they value players who can play multiple positions that's why SAF loves Rooney so much and this year bought Jones and Smalling. And Gaitan will be able to do that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:52 pm

playing Gaitan in attack with Rooney doesnt sound far fetched at all, while Rooney is great at playmaking, i dont think he can move and dribble in between the lines as well as Gaitan would. I kind of see it as Man Utd response to Mata, they have a similar profile i think
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Yes, Mata is a very good example. I said before Mata got to the EPL that he wasn't a star in La Liga but a very good player and got killed for it on here but his skills are so lacking in the EPL that he is a star over there.

I can see the same thing for Gaitan as him and Mata play very similar positions when Mata was at Valencia.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2