El Chelsea Fuerte
Lex
Patrick Bateman
63 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi choking - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi choking

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:09 am

No it means Barca were awful in front of goal Laughing which they were.....

Also the two cant be compared, Barca had to unlock a big, blue double decker bus.

While the Bayern and Madrid game was very open and for the majority of the game was two teams counter attacking each other lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

Saetablanca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:You dont understand football lol

While I understand you are clearly in jest, and so was I, there is a serious point to be had here I think. If Messi had a good game overall, as he did, but contributed nothing to the tie and nothing that is carried down to the second leg, while Cristiano who did not have as good a game turned up where it mattered and helped get the goal which could prove vital, doesnt it follow that he did something more important? His final value to his team in the first leg was more than Messi's.

For Messi to have a good game he has to complete X amount of dribbles and maybe a decent pass or two. Franchise thinks Messi played well in the 4-0 Germany Argentina game.

The truth is Messi doesn't need to actually do that much to have a good game because his and Barca's play style will always make him look good and involved in play, regardless of whether or not his team wins.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am

Cotes wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Its not even a comparision, Messi played far better.

He actually lead the team, he got many touches, made plays, drove at defenders, made passes.

Cristiano stood in the corner waiting for someone to give it to him and put freekicks into the wall and stands.

Even in the goal, he missed a wide open 1 v 1 by kicking it straight at the goalie. He got lucky the ball came back to him.

U talking to me?
if so...look at that
Messi played so impressive & a man who did nothing as to u got an assist...
Life's a bitch right?

I wasnt, I was actually going on after Albi.

But no worries, you keep going by goal and assist numbers. I am sure football is much more enjoyable for you in teletext fashion than the way the rest of us see it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:15 am

Take into account that Great Leader Sprucence is a neutral and he supports a medic-ore team. so he can not lie drinking
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 am

billionmillion wrote:Take into account that Great Leader Sprucence is a neutral and he supports a medic-ore team. so he can not lie drinking

We are above the team you failed to beat tonight.......

Yh let that sink in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 am

Saetablanca wrote:

While I understand you are clearly in jest, and so was I, there is a serious point to be had here I think. If Messi had a good game overall, as he did, but contributed nothing to the tie and nothing that is carried down to the second leg, while Cristiano who did not have as good a game turned up where it mattered and helped get the goal which could prove vital, doesnt it follow that he did something more important? His final value to his team in the first leg was more than Messi's.

quality post
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 am

Zealous wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

For Messi to have a good game he has to complete X amount of dribbles and maybe a decent pass or two. Franchise thinks Messi played well in the 4-0 Germany Argentina game.

The truth is Messi doesn't need to actually do that much to have a good game because his and Barca's play style will always make him look good and involved in play, regardless of whether or not his team wins.

Yep, the only way Messi can play well is if he scores or assists...well done lol

And to both of you, I cant argue with people with such a 2d view of football.

Carry on.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 am

Saetablanca wrote:

My grandmother would do that assist. no actually my grandmother would not do that assist, because he would score that 1 vs 1 chance

Everybody here said Messi flopped against Chelsea last season and he got an assist. you hypocrite CR fanboys also said this. So assist matters when your player does it?

messi had a good game every neutral said it. You CR fanboys are mad today, if messi flopped you would be happy as we Messi fans were yesterday after CR flopped badly

Last edited by billionmillion on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:24 am

Oh and Zeal, way to go misquoting me. I notice you got a bit of a habit for that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 am

billionmillion wrote:Take into account that Great Leader Sprucence is a neutral and he supports a medic-ore team. so he can not lie drinking

What? no way ... he's an undercover barca fan ... everybody knows that :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 am

What, you said Messi played well in that 4-0 game or at the very least it was implied.

I have been misquoting lately though I agree, mostly because I'm too lazy to track back, my bad lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 am

No, if you remember correctly. I said Messi didnt get shut down by Sweinsteiger/Germany like people love to claim.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 am

pUsHa wrote:

What? no way ... he's an undercover barca fan ... everybody knows that :coffee:
Actually many madrid fans also are Barca fans. you can not ignore the best game in the world pirat
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

The Franchise wrote:No, if you remember correctly. I said Messi didnt get shut down by Sweinsteiger/Germany like people love to claim.

I remember but it sort of strayed from there if I remember correctly. It was kind of implied Messi was doing good in that game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 am

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

Yep, the only way Messi can play well is if he scores or assists...well done lol

And to both of you, I cant argue with people with such a 2d view of football.

Carry on.

That's not what I said though.

"The truth is Messi doesn't need to actually do that much to have a good game"

And that is entirely true. He's always involved because his team mates and the style Barca play always involves him. With his talents of course he is going to look good in such a situation.

But looking at it objectively, he didn't score any goals, didn't assist anyone, all of his free kicks were wasted. He completed dribbles and passes and made a mistake in the lead up to the Chelsea goal.

But he still had a good game.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 am

I didnt say he played well.

I said he did some good things and did about as good as he could have given the situation he was in.

I was certaintly saying that given the poor tactical set up of the team, he did as well as realistically possible. Meanwhile you claimed he was being selfish.

But your post here made out like I said he had a good game and performed vs Germany. I did not say that nor hint at that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:36 am

Because CR has not skills to be involved in everything. If he had 20% of messi's talents all madrid play would go through him. but he has no creativity so when madrid needs to start an attack they look for ozil or di maria or even benzema but not ronaldo. ronaldo is there for just scoring
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 am

Amar wrote:Was still very much involved, but its hard to do anything when your marked by 3 players when you get the ball.

A semi-choke, but not to the level of Cristiano who can't even get involved in games.

To be fair to Cristiano, he received a lot less service Razz

I think Messi played well against Chelsea, and I'm not sure why some here claim that he didn't. Sure, he didn't score, but he did pretty much everything else and he was productive everytime he received the ball. One a few occasions, I think he should've opted for the simple pass, rather than try to dribble through multiple players, but it was far from a poor performance, overall.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:38 am

He didnt have any assists because Cesc is missing 1 v 1's...what NOTHING to do with Messi. Its why the assist is such a useless stat.

And your also wrong about freekicks, because his freekick caused Puyols header on goal was which forced a good save out of Cech.

Honestly, I dont see the arguement here. The best being made is, Cristiano made an assist and Messi didnt therefore Cristiano did more for his teams performance. Which is utter shit.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

Messi was still Barca's best player tonight,while Ronaldo was anonymous last night.End of.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

The Franchise wrote:I didnt say he played well.

I said he did some good things and did about as good as he could have given the situation he was in.

I was certaintly saying that given the poor tactical set up of the team, he did as well as realistically possible. Meanwhile you claimed he was being selfish.

But your post here made out like I said he had a good game and performed vs Germany. I did not say that nor hint at that.

He was being selfish though.

Anyway I probably made a mistake in using that as an example, I only used it to illustrate a point, consider it retracted.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

Thimmy wrote:
Amar wrote:Was still very much involved, but its hard to do anything when your marked by 3 players when you get the ball.

A semi-choke, but not to the level of Cristiano who can't even get involved in games.

To be fair to Cristiano, he received a lot less service Razz

I think Messi played well against Chelsea, and I'm not sure why some here claim that he didn't. Sure, he didn't score, but he did pretty much everything else and he was productive everytime he received the ball. One a few occasions, I think he should've opted for the simple pass, rather than try to dribble through multiple players, but it was far from a poor performance, overall.
To be fair to messi he faced Chelsea's parked bus, while Bayern match was an open game smoking Imagine Messi in an open game :bow:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:43 am

It's so hilarious watching all these fanboys cling to one pass Ronaldo did, rofl. Ronaldos best contribution to the game yesterday was missing a sitter so the rebound could lead to an eventual goal Laughing

Ronaldo had a couple of good chances to shoot that Messi was not given by Chelsea and he blew them all.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 am

The Franchise wrote:He didnt have any assists because Cesc is missing 1 v 1's...what NOTHING to do with Messi. Its why the assist is such a useless stat.

And your also wrong about freekicks, because his freekick caused Puyols header on goal was which forced a good save out of Cech.

Honestly, I dont see the arguement here. The best being made is, Cristiano made an assist and Messi didnt therefore Cristiano did more for his teams performance. Which is utter shit.

That Puyol header seemed pretty fluky though :/ but yeah it was a good delivery.

Anyway like I said, Barca's playing style will always involve Messi. It's impossible for him not to be involved and thus have a good game.

On the flip side last night Ronaldo wasn't involved simply because there was a flaw in the way we set up. Anyway playing poorly and still coming up with a positive moment is a good virtue to have. Gomez for example was having a poor game until his goal considering the chances he missed.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I didnt say he played well.

He was being selfish though.

Anyway I probably made a mistake in using that as an example, I only used it to illustrate a point, consider it retracted.

And just like then, I disagree with you.

But fine, it is what it is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am

Albiceleste wrote:It's so hilarious watching all these fanboys cling to one pass Ronaldo did, rofl. Ronaldos best contribution to the game yesterday was missing a sitter so the rebound could lead to an eventual goal Laughing

Ronaldo had a couple of good chances to shoot that Messi was not given by Chelsea and he blew them all.

May I remind you, you are a member of the OGLCRFC so technically you are one of the fanboys :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next