Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world?

+36
Aensensen
goonbrain
Milan31
Forza
RebaƱo Sagrado
BarcaKizz
VivaStPauli
animal.crackers
Lord Hades
Tifoso Romanista
shamr9pato
Zealous
Jeps33178
McAgger
iNFINITY9910
Valkyrja
punkfusion1992
Sushi Master
Cotes
johniet
The Messiah
The_ItalianFool
la bestia negra
Be/\/ceCALI
leemhuis
Cassius
Patrick Bateman
Raptorgunner
rwo power
urbaNRoots
Ganso
Gomez83
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
Die Borussen
vivabarca38
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world?

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:07 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:Hopefully we get to see them play each other this summer!
Absolutely!

Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world? - Page 2 Gigima10

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world?

Post by Sushi Master Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 am

Buffon.

Hell, you could rank him first if you want to.

Un-frakking-beaten.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 am

Sczezny is vastly underrated in my book
he is definitely top 5, I would love to give him the number 3
but to me its Buffon, he has had bad luck with injuries but he is slowly coming back and is looking really good as a keeper
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 am

Casillas, Neuer, Lloris, Hart, Valdes
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 am

Buffon is god like when comparing current goal keepers, Cech has been one reason we are still surviving in the top half of the league and the CL and the FA Cup! And i love Saint Iker... Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:17 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Buffon is god like when comparing current goal keepers, Cech has been one reason we are still surviving in the top half of the league and the CL and the FA Cup! And i love Saint Iker... Very Happy
Don't underrate Manuel Neuer! As a matter of fact, Gigi Buffon rates him very highly himself. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 am

No one rates Pepe Reina???? Sad

Top 5 in the world San Iker, Neuer, Buffon, Reina, Lloris/Hart/Vardes in no particular order
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:27 am

1. Casillas
2. Neuer
3. Hart
4. Valdes

Despite his inconsistency, No one comes close to Casillas in ability

He's just a big game player, and an extra life as Xavi might say Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world? - Page 2 3732984984
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:30 am

Casillas is a goalie who shows up in the games that matter the most
even when he was just a 21 yr old
thats really hard to come by
Neuer and Buffon have that quality too
I still remember 2006 like it was yesterday and remember Buffon and that Italian backline conceded 2 goals...
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:34 am

Al-Habsi > Buffon.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 am

rwo power wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:Buffon is god like when comparing current goal keepers, Cech has been one reason we are still surviving in the top half of the league and the CL and the FA Cup! And i love Saint Iker... Very Happy
Don't underrate Manuel Neuer! As a matter of fact, Gigi Buffon rates him very highly himself. ^^

I do rate him highly but I dont see him enough to properly know what he is doing...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 am

Zealous wrote:Al-Habsi > Buffon.
Only in the number of characters in his name :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 am

hart is amazing.. abbiati imo opinion is a highly underrated goalkeeper
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:41 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
rwo power wrote:Don't underrate Manuel Neuer! As a matter of fact, Gigi Buffon rates him very highly himself. ^^
I do rate him highly but I dont see him enough to properly know what he is doing...
Well, in big matches he usually excels. I'm confident he'll show that in the CL semi against Real again, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 am

rwo power wrote:
Zealous wrote:Al-Habsi > Buffon.
Only in the number of characters in his name :coffee:

If Al-Habsi played for Juventus he would have a CL by now I say this because Buffon is kind of useless in a penalty shootout.

Al-Habsi is the penalty goat :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:38 am

rwo power wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
rwo power wrote:Don't underrate Manuel Neuer! As a matter of fact, Gigi Buffon rates him very highly himself. ^^
Well, in big matches he usually excels. I'm confident he'll show that in the CL semi against Real again, too.

Yep, from what i have seen he is quite impressive. But cmon show some love to Cech Very Happy He is my week in week out goalkeeper hero Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:47 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Yep, from what i have seen he is quite impressive. But cmon show some love to Cech Very Happy He is my week in week out goalkeeper hero Very Happy
Well, I do rate Cech, but I guess I have a similar problem with him as you have with Neuer - I just don't see him often enough. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:06 am

Stekelenburg

he was really good at world cup 2010 and his performance at Roma is just because of our bad defence
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 am

casillas, neuer and buffon for me though there are a lot of great goal keepers who are more or less world class
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 am

rwo power wrote:Okay, I'll be a spoilsport here. IMO it is virtually impossible to assign exact ranks for the keepers at the very top. In the end these rankings always just come down to personal preferences, not objective truths.

*looks at the shelf where she keeps her personal favourites, but they are more than just 3 anyway* Razz
Correct answer.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:45 am

There's tons of great keepers around.

First of all, Buffon is still in contention with Neuer and Casillas over #1, then there's Lloris, Stekelenburg, ter Stegen, Leno, Hart, Sczczccnnezzyn... that Arsenal keeper, probably still Cech...

But my personal goalkeeping hero?
Who is the third best goalkeeper in the world? - Page 2 Nikolov-1291546890
Oka Nikolov. Legend, FFS. xD
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:11 am

johniet wrote:
deadrave wrote:casillas is not top 2 imo he is incostistent

1.valdes
2.neuer
3.casillas
4.hart

whoever thinks valdes is in the top 5 is *bleep* blind :facepalm:

he is so underrated. just cause he plays for barca which means other opponents have less chances than usual doesnt mean he is bad.. imo that makes it even more difficult.. i dont see why casillas should be ahead of him this year.. we r talking about atm and casillas has been terrible for the standarts of the best gk in the world

i could agree on neuer being better than valdez but saying valdes isnt top 5 thats stupid..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:25 am

TBH the last time I rated Valdes was 2 years ago shortly before the WC, when I thought he was ahead of Casillas, then, because he had less blunders. Since then Casillas has stayed pretty consistent and Valdes has been... Well, unworthy of a club qualified for the UCL, basically. :C
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 am

this year casillas has been very inconstistent.. i dont take anything from him in the previous years but imo he plays a big part for points madrid lost this year i just cant believe why neuer or valdes would do worst in this madrid squad in those 33 fixtures played..

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Casillas is the ultimate big game goalkeeper.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Buffon/Casillas

Everyone else

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next