Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

+36
kiranr
McAgger
red&blacklegion
The Franchise
Luca
Dnmac4
Mr. Festim
AnJl
Cotes
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
FennecFox7
Milanchenko
Körbl
Le Samourai
stunt
Albiceleste
Onyx
The Messiah
billionmillion
halamadrid2
izzy
Zealous
vivabarca38
Lord Hades
Lex
VanDeezNuts
JAY-Z
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
adnyana179
BiasedMilanFan3
pUsHa
LeSwagg James
dwaynejohnson28
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 pm

he has not been best player. if he helped real to win yesterday messi helped barcelona to win at first match at bernebau. so what is difference?

at what he is better than messi? at stats messi owns him 63 goals 28 assists vs 54 goals 15 assists. at CL messi breaks records, at la liga he only 1 goal behind but more assists. so at what cr was better........

billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 pm

If Bayern wins cpl and Germany wins Euro, forget about it. Toni Kroos is going to win it
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Messi is still the better player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 pm

No.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Ronaldo deserves it if he wins the CL. You might say all the bullshit you want about how Messi is still the better player blablabla. But that means jack shit. That's like saying Ronaldinho on his prime was better than Messi just because of the tricks he could pull, while messi scores and assists much more than he ever could.

Ronaldo has been pivotal this season, and he made the difference in the league's most important game of the season, while Messi had a bad performance. Ronaldo has also scored in the last 3 El Classicos while Messi has not scored in the last 4.

That's all that matters. Not who is the best dribbler, or who has the most talent. What matters is what you do on the big days. And that game yesterday just made Ronaldo the best player in La Liga this season. And that's also why I didnt agree with Messi winning on 2010, but I agreed in 2009 and 2011.

Ronaldo has always been competing for the first place. But in the past 3 years Messi has been superior. This year, up till now, I consider it a draw, what will decide who is the best is the CL.

Of course, deserving it and winning it are completely different things. The Ballon d'or is a popularity contest, and Messi is extremely popular among footballers.

Last edited by stunt on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Sneijder didn't win it when he won the treble, Messi did.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:45 pm

billionmillion wrote:he has not been best player. if he helped real to win yesterday messi helped barcelona to win at first match at bernebau. so what is difference?

at what he is better than messi? at stats messi owns him 63 goals 28 assists vs 54 goals 15 assists. at CL messi breaks records, at la liga he only 1 goal behind but more assists. so at what cr was better........

The dividing line will always be if you help your team win titles or not. Ronaldo yesterday won Madrid the title. And he have been our most important player overall this season in the title race. Without Ronaldos goals we'd have 30 less points.

Same in CL, if Ronaldo helps us beat Bayern and then makes the difference in the final vs Barca/Chelsea. Then it shouldn't matter whether Messi scores 5 against Neverkusen when they were already beaten.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:53 pm

He will never be.

But he might have a better season than Messi which is an accomplishment in itself.

Spoiler:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

isn't balon d'or more about who has had the best season? and not the " best player"?
If so if Ronaldo wins Cl ( and a big if) he should win it unless a sneijder happens again.
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 pm

maxwellwilson02 wrote:isn't balon d'or more about who has had the best season? and not the " best player"?
If so if Ronaldo wins Cl ( and a big if) he should win it unless a sneijder happens again.

not anymore, at least imo.

the year when sneijder won the treble and 2nd place in the world cup lost to messi who won la liga and flopped by the standards of argentina in the wc is the example most brought up.

the award is now to the best player, messi will win even if they dont win a single trophy

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Milanchenko Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

for me Ronaldo is the best goal scorer in Real Madrid, not even the best offensive player, will choose the creativity of Di Maria and the one who will be mentioned twice Ozil,,,Ozil...in terms of creativity. and Benz and Higuain are not goal shy either..granted he has scored very important goals and his goals has carried the team. but Madrid are more of a team than individual skillz

Milanchenko
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Lex wrote:Pivotal? Wouldn't call scoring 11 penalties and goals after the fact pivotal. I don't follow La Liga religiously, but yesterday's goal was the most pivotal goal he's scored all season. I'd like to think credentials for POTY should be a bit more diverse than one goal against Barcelona

I'm all for seeing Barcelona suffer (and trust me, i've taken great glee in it Twisted Evil) but let's be sensible. When Messi was single handedly destroying Madrid in 2010, people were commenting that he shouldn't win it because he had a lousy World Cup. Let's wait until after the Euros to comment on whether Crono is back to being the best

If it wasn't for him, we'd be 2nd, and would not have had a chance vs barca in the 2nd leg of the copa del rey, as well as tieing/ losing yesterdays game.

@above, ronaldo not creative? He should have more assists then messi if dumb benz and higuain would finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NOsvSq0G0&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdfVFeDNyII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AVv9N8VPXE

Obviously he's no xavi. But his passes deserve credit. Did you even see di maria last game? he was shit
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm

If we win the CL, and Cris has a relatively good Euro, I see no reason why he shouldn't win. He's been a beast. Penalties? Haters gonna hate smoking
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:18 pm

stunt wrote:Ronaldo deserves it if he wins the CL. You might say all the bullshit you want about how Messi is still the better player blablabla. But that means jack shit. That's like saying Ronaldinho on his prime was better than Messi just because of the tricks he could pull, while messi scores and assists much more than he ever could.

Ronaldo has been pivotal this season, and he made the difference in the league's most important game of the season, while Messi had a bad performance. Ronaldo has also scored in the last 3 El Classicos while Messi has not scored in the last 4.

That's all that matters. Not who is the best dribbler, or who has the most talent. What matters is what you do on the big days. And that game yesterday just made Ronaldo the best player in La Liga this season. And that's also why I didnt agree with Messi winning on 2010, but I agreed in 2009 and 2011.

Ronaldo has always been competing for the first place. But in the past 3 years Messi has been superior. This year, up till now, I consider it a draw, what will decide who is the best is the CL.

Of course, deserving it and winning it are completely different things. The Ballon d'or is a popularity contest, and Messi is extremely popular among footballers.
if clasicos matter then its first time cr won it. messi has been boss in all of them. he beat madrid in copa del rey, and in 1st clasico in liga. at super copa messi scored 3 goals and 2 assists. this how you win clasicos not scoring 1 goal being anonymous 70 minutes. madrids defence won last game cr just did his attacker task.if he didnt score that it would be shame
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Ronaldo actually was fine, made the right decisions, raped puyol a few times, provided a dangerous aerial threat, shooting when he needed too. Messi on the other hand plays by instinct, which is fine 99% of the time, but madrid shut him out tactically, at the cost of giving tello and iniesta more room. And both of them could not even take advantage of that (that's why they were flops of the match imo)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
Lex wrote:Pivotal? Wouldn't call scoring 11 penalties and goals after the fact pivotal. I don't follow La Liga religiously, but yesterday's goal was the most pivotal goal he's scored all season. I'd like to think credentials for POTY should be a bit more diverse than one goal against Barcelona

I'm all for seeing Barcelona suffer (and trust me, i've taken great glee in it Twisted Evil) but let's be sensible. When Messi was single handedly destroying Madrid in 2010, people were commenting that he shouldn't win it because he had a lousy World Cup. Let's wait until after the Euros to comment on whether Crono is back to being the best

If it wasn't for him, we'd be 2nd, and would not have had a chance vs barca in the 2nd leg of the copa del rey, as well as tieing/ losing yesterdays game.

@above, ronaldo not creative? He should have more assists then messi if dumb benz and higuain would finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NOsvSq0G0&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdfVFeDNyII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AVv9N8VPXE

Obviously he's no xavi. But his passes deserve credit. Did you even see di maria last game? he was shit

I kind of agree, I;m not saying he is the best passer in the game, but i''ve seen him do some passes that were just orgasmic and he didn't get the "assist" label because "usually benzema from what i watch" couldn't finish it.
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 pm

raping someone in lines mean nothing. kick the ball and run after it. messi did same things in center among animal defenders. if no goal messi played better than cr

he put xavi 1 vs 1 with casillas, then he created Sanchez's goal

and madrid attackers can not finish? thats why cr got less assist? so you say sanchez and pedro's finishing >>benzema and higuain's finishing?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

billionmillion wrote:raping someone in lines mean nothing. kick the ball and run after it. messi did same things in center among animal defenders. if no goal messi played better than cr

and madrid attackers can not finish? thats why cr got less assist? so you say sanchez and pedro's finishing >>benzema and higuain's finishing?
Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? - Page 2 Tumblr_m2uidopV6M1rpudq4o1_400
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Back when the ballon d'or was the ballon d'or, he would win if your hypothetical scenario happens. When it was just journalists that voted they chose who had the most successful year, but now its merged with the fifa wpoty to become the "fifa ballon d'or" lots of votes go to players and coaches, who just choose their favourite player (ie the most skilful that they enjoy watching), hense why messi won instead of sneijder. Its proved more journalists voted for sneijder that year, if it wasnt changed sneijeder would have won and messi would still be on two ballon d'ors + a less prestigious fifa wpoty title. Admittedly ronaldo is more popular than sneijder but i doubt even he will win against messi....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

billionmillion wrote:raping someone in lines mean nothing. kick the ball and run after it. messi did same things in center among animal defenders. if no goal messi played better than cr

Yep. not just those either.. kaka, ozil..

Xavi was NOT one on one with casillas, he tried a shot from range..

Sanchez goal was one of the weirdest goals I've seen, as fluky as our goal was, this is on another level.

Animal defenders? yes because we have animals playing defense, I didn't see tigers there.
Messi was constantly losing the ball or just dropping back, he did not have any runs of notice bar maybe one.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Ronaldo also lost balls more than 4-5 times and dived several times

pls dont talk about finishers in barca except messi there is no world class finisher. villa and pedro is injured. team missed 7-8 clear chances in last 2 games. Higuain is better finisher than Ronaldo himself, in barca nobody is close to messi at finishing let alone better than him. how can you complain about finishers
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:30 pm

"and Madrid will beat the crap out of Bayern Munich."
don't get ahead of yourselves...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:31 pm

HE does deserve the praise, but alot of it depends on whether he does well at the Euros than in the La Liga or Champions League
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:57 pm

What really happened:
Messi made a run, had a bad touch and lost the ball. But Iniesta caught up with it. Backheeled it to Tello who had a shot, Casillas saved it. Adriano shoots on the rebound. Arbeloa blocks Adrianos shot. But Sanchez magically appear at the right moment to tap it home.

billionmillion:
"Messi created the Sanchez goal"

:facepalm:
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Festim Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 pm

He draged Real Madrid to our 32 La Liga tittle. He smashed his own Pichichi record of 40 goals and now has 42 goals plus 4 games left. So he'll be the Pichichi again this year.

And if he makes into the Champions League Final and Real Madrid win it he'll have a better chance then Messi getting it cause he'll win 2 major trophies in club level and Messi would be just in one potential Copa Del Rey win.

Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 pm

Mr. Festim wrote:He draged Real Madrid to our 32 La Liga tittle. He smashed his own Pichichi record of 40 goals and now has 42 goals plus 4 games left. So he'll be the Pichichi again this year.
Do you have a magical crystal ball you can see into the future with?

It's also funny seeing all these Madrid fans come out of the woodwork after they finally beat us. I wonder where these guys were in december hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next