Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

+36
kiranr
McAgger
red&blacklegion
The Franchise
Luca
Dnmac4
Mr. Festim
AnJl
Cotes
DuringTheWar
Rebaño Sagrado
hrealmadrid
FennecFox7
Milanchenko
Körbl
Le Samourai
stunt
Albiceleste
Onyx
The Messiah
billionmillion
halamadrid2
izzy
Zealous
vivabarca38
Lord Hades
Lex
VanDeezNuts
JAY-Z
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
adnyana179
BiasedMilanFan3
pUsHa
LeSwagg James
dwaynejohnson28
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? Empty Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

Post by dwaynejohnson28 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am

LA Liga crown, and basically decided the big game, where Messi was nowhere to be seen, and Madrid will beat the crap out of Bayern Munich. Last game they didn't deserve to lose on last minute. I think Barcelona and Madrid will destroy both Chelsea and Bayern at home, and the final will be El Classico.

and if Cristiano Ronaldo decides that game like he did last night, i will seriously cast my vote for him as the best player in the world for Balon Dor 2013

what is your say? do you consider Cristiano to be the best in the world again? i know the last few years he has been behind Messi, but this year he has been totaly awesome and after last nights big game performance, he is definetly surpassed messi imo.

Messi was nowhere against big teams, Chelsea a few days ago, and Madrid last night. Cristiano had an assist against Munich and now won the El Classico and the La Liga crown for Madrid.

BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD 2011-12 = CRISTIANO RONALDO :bow: :bow: :bow:

dwaynejohnson28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 am

No.. He has not surpassed Messi, but if we win the double and he has a strong Euro 2012 showing he will win it..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world? Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo back in contention to be the best player in the world?

Post by pUsHa Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:53 am

If he wins La Liga and CL he definetily should win it even if he'll have bad performance's in the EURO's ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 am

pUsHa wrote:If he wins La Liga and CL he definetily should win it even if he'll have bad performance's in the EURO's ....

Probably, I just think those 3 and it would be sealed..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:04 am

What do you mean back in contention?

He never left
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 am

La Liga won't be enough. If we also win La Decima, I'd say it's in the bag.

Those who followed our league matches this year will have seen how he's largely dragged us to the title.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 am

I think he needs it to be an El Clasico final. Where Messi is mediocre while he decides it, again.

paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:What do you mean back in contention?

He never left
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

He's been there all the time.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 pm

simply no.

again like i said in another one of your threads: a couple of games is not going to change the fact that one is clearly better than the other.

messi is the better player

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:34 pm

What is this based on? Tell me it's not his 20 second cameo from yesterday........
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 pm

still need to get past bayern for that man

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Messi will still be the best player in the world imo how matter how many trophis he wins.And Madrid fans are getting a boner when ozil actually did all the work for the goal.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Ronaldo still had to finish lol

Anyway Ronaldo was great yesterday. The man is lightning fast and took his goal well.

@Lex

He's been scoring goals for fun, even Messi can't catch up. So no it's not based on 20 seconds.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Scoring a butt load of goals doesn't make you the best player in the world
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 pm

scoring a butt load of goals which are pivotal in winning the league against what is widely acknowledged to be the best in the world( and maybe in history) does ?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Lex wrote:Scoring a butt load of goals doesn't make you the best player in the world

Buutt load of goals that have effectively won us the league. Ronaldo has been clutch and has decided it for us. Doesn't hurt to give some credit when it's due. Lord knows Ronaldo has gotten his fair share of flack for not getting it right in the past Neutral
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Lex wrote:What is this based on? Tell me it's not his 20 second cameo from yesterday........

adnyana179 wrote:La Liga won't be enough. If we also win La Decima, I'd say it's in the bag.

Those who followed our league matches this year will have seen how he's largely dragged us to the title.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Pivotal? Wouldn't call scoring 11 penalties and goals after the fact pivotal. I don't follow La Liga religiously, but yesterday's goal was the most pivotal goal he's scored all season. I'd like to think credentials for POTY should be a bit more diverse than one goal against Barcelona

I'm all for seeing Barcelona suffer (and trust me, i've taken great glee in it Twisted Evil) but let's be sensible. When Messi was single handedly destroying Madrid in 2010, people were commenting that he shouldn't win it because he had a lousy World Cup. Let's wait until after the Euros to comment on whether Crono is back to being the best
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:03 pm

Lex wrote:What is this based on? Tell me it's not his 20 second cameo from yesterday........

Lex is mad, Roonay will win the PFA and Golden boot
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Lex is sensible :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm

of course his goal yesterday was most pivotal, it essentially sealed the title lol, no goal this season has been this pivotal.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Lex wrote:Pivotal? Wouldn't call scoring 11 penalties and goals after the fact pivotal. I don't follow La Liga religiously, but yesterday's goal was the most pivotal goal he's scored all season. I'd like to think credentials for POTY should be a bit more diverse than one goal against Barcelona

I'm all for seeing Barcelona suffer (and trust me, i've taken great glee in it Twisted Evil) but let's be sensible. When Messi was single handedly destroying Madrid in 2010, people were commenting that he shouldn't win it because he had a lousy World Cup. Let's wait until after the Euros to comment on whether Crono is back to being the best

I'm gonna be honest, the part in red baffles. You haven't been watching consistently but right off the important goals he's scored for us this season and the performances.

Any madrid fan will tell you how great he has been for us this season, we have relied on him too much in certain games this season and he put the team on his back and got the job done. If that's not worthy of a bit of credit ands approval then no one deserves a Balon D'or.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:09 pm

come on man, yes he scored 11 penalties but it takes skills to have a hundred percent record when you take so many penalties as well

plus this is the only important goal he has scored, has been consistently great for us throughout the season

and i did believe that messi was individually the best in 2010 though sneijder shouldve been considered for top 3 at least
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:13 pm

he has not been best player. if he helped real to win yesterday messi helped barcelona to win at first match at bernebau. so what is difference?

at what he is better than messi? at stats messi owns him 63 goals 28 assists vs 54 goals 15 assists. at CL messi breaks records, at la liga he only 1 goal behind but more assists. so at what cr was better........
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next