Die Borussen
Omniscient
stunt
izzy
mzamani
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hope we have all learned a lesson - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope we have all learned a lesson

Post by mzamani Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:31 am

Sigh, my last line asked people not to justify if PL is in decline, but thats what i get. My main point was that Other leagues, especialy Serie A, have not done much to prove they are better than PL this season. And For those saying Chelski could not dominate Barca, uhm, what sort of dream are you having. And luck? Lets not 4get Arsenal were a tap in 4rom taking Milan to extra time,dont get me started on the offside goal in Milan. *Cough pitch cough*. And lastly without due respect, i am prety sure Arsenal would have made the semis if we faced Apoel and CSKA for example. Plus if you want to talk about our league state, we are likely to get more points this season than last, so transition? Yes, decline? No. And if you seriously think United are decline, then, you need help. And i suppose it says something about your leagues quality if a 6th place team from a declining league knocks your best team. Plus no luck s**t excuses

mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Hope we have all learned a lesson - Page 2 Empty Re: Hope we have all learned a lesson

Post by spanky Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:46 am

dude no ones taking u seriously cuz u talk like a premface...

just calm down and stop being so biased
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:11 am

Serie A had 3 club in the last 16. Not so bad.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 am

Not saying the EPL is Godly or anything, but is nobody seeing the faulty arguments here?

"Chelsea reached the CL final, but that doesn't mean sh!t because United got knocked out of the EL"

If you're not going to rate Chelsea reaching the final, then United getting knocked out of the EL should be irrelevant too.
If it's a case of "only the best team goes through" then it's hard to see how Chelsea (6th in the EPL atm) are in the final while United (1st in the EPL atm) aren't anywhere in Europe. So if it wasn't obvious already, I just stated that knocking a team out doesn't mean that your team is better overall, just that your team was better over the two games.

The EPL has had 8 CL finalists in the last 8 years, apparently. That's consistency right there. There were 8 teams that managed to be better than the rest of the teams they faced in the last 8 years. It's not a coincidence. Arsenal were in the same group as Marseille and Dortmund; hardly a laughable group, but they still qualified first despite having a "horrible" season and being part of the "EPL that is in decline". At the same time, United and City went out.

What does all this tell us? That one CL season is no way to judge teams, either good or bad. The winner of the CL this season will not win their domestic title. So the "best team in Europe" will be worse than at least one team in its own European country.

This is all one big mess caused by ignorant people claiming the EPL is in decline and basing that statement on the CL and EL, which is just utter rubbish because they contradict each other as I showed above. If what matters to you is consistency, then the EPL has been right up there all the time, and this hasn't changed this season. I'd like to think that 8 years don't just happen "by coincidence".

Furthermore, you can't just claim that a league is "in decline" based on one season. You're all using "luck" to justify Chelsea going through...well, what if this year was just one f*cked up year for the EPL and all the other EPL teams had luck against them? Surely if you can entertain the thought of Chelsea being lucky, then other teams can be unlucky too. Wait till next season and if you see that the EPL is still "bad" by whatever crappy standards you have, then you can come talk about it being "in decline". As for now, the most you can say is that the EPL is in a small slump, and even that is debatable to me.

Last edited by Iceman on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:31 am

The PL clubs did not have a good season this year in Europe bar Chelsea. There was a time when there were 2-3 PL teams in the semifinal regularly. But that has not been happening since the last 2 seasons.

That is why the EPL in decline threads came up. I think it is more a case of other teams catching up rather than decline. Let us see next season.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:48 am

Omniscient wrote:Top 2 PL teams thrown out of Europa League, Chelsea scraping their way to the final after conceding 45345436 shots on goal against Barcelona and fully deserving to lose?
How did we 'deserve to lose' when we scored more goals than you over both legs? Are winners of matches decided on possession? smh
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 am

Chelsea didnt have a good year, even if we are in the finals... this is like our weakest team in ages.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:57 am

Omniscient wrote:Top 2 PL teams thrown out of Europa League, Chelsea scraping their way to the final after conceding 45345436 shots on goal against Barcelona and fully deserving to lose?

This just says about the lack of quality in finishing for Barcelona. Their problem really, we were clinical infront of the goal.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

This just says about the lack of quality in finishing for Barcelona. Their problem really, we were clinical infront of the goal.
This.

I don't see why they're making this look like Chelsea's problem.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 am

The EPL is cwrtai.ly not as strong as it was a few years ago when 3 or 4 EPL teams were in the semifinals amd United Chelsea Liverpool amd Arsenal were all at their best and all lefitimate CL co.tenders. but Chelsea is having a great run and can possibly even win the final, though i personally belive Bayern will win it. Also, i think Juve and Milan will show next season that they are very strong. And La liga is the most overrated league in Europe in my opinion, though Madrid and Barca are very very strong o viously and among the top teams in the world.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 am

spanky489 wrote:dude no ones taking u seriously cuz u talk like a premface...

just calm down and stop being so biased

He is a premface. The worst kind. Cyber at least is a troll and a creative troll. Mzamani just boring.

Napoli got City out
MU got raped by Basel
Arsenal got beatdown by Milan
Chelsea came up in the second match

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Arsenal got Beat-down by Milan, and beat them horribly as well in the return leg, over-all we lost by one goal on aggregate you make it sound like we lost 9-0 aggregate smfh. I don't even know why I post in the general section anymore when we have people like Grande Milano spewing bullshit and they took away our neg button but random people get negged. But, of course if the collective hivemind of GL doesn't like an opinion it is banned.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:41 pm

LMAO. @Grande_milano, now i am being called a premface? For what? For stating the obvious that Serie A did nothing better than the PL dis season? I guese dats the hate people on this forum have 4 PL.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:14 am

I dont really dont see how we were that lucky against Barca.They didn't take their chances,we did,which is really what it all comes down to.It's like saying "You were lucky they didn't play better otherwise you'd have lost".

They had a penalty,they had an extra man and still they couldn't capitalise.That's their fault not ours.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2