fatman123
The Franchise
pUsHa
Babun
rwo power
45 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Black Beasts and other mythical creatures Empty Black Beasts and other mythical creatures

Post by rwo power Thu 26 Apr - 13:36:59

I'm always fascinated that there are obviously some match-ups in football where one team is an opponent the other just doesn't manage to overcome easily, no matter what the paper form or even real form says. Let's see how many of those we can come up with Very Happy

Clubs:
AC Milan: (Roma), (Palermo)
Arsenal: (ManUtd), Stoke (away)
Barca: Chelsea, Atletico, Real
Bayern: AC Milan, (Inter), (Dortmund)
Chelsea: Liverpool
Chivas: any Brazilian club
Real: Bayern, Barca
Sunderland: Everton
Tottenham: Arsenal (or was that supposed to be a joke, Babun?)

NTs
Argentina: (Germany)
Brazil: France
England: Germany, Sweden
Italy: Brazil
Germany: Italy, (Spain), (France)
Mexico: Argentina

Which others are out there? *curious*

Edit: I think I'll add the other teams mentioned in the thread here, too, for a better overview. BTW, teams in parenthesis are those that either came up comparatively recently or which might be somewhat on the decline as bogey teams).

Last edited by rwo power on Fri 27 Apr - 3:17:12; edited 6 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Black Beasts and other mythical creatures Empty Re: Black Beasts and other mythical creatures

Post by Babun Thu 26 Apr - 13:40:34

Bayern doesn't have any problem with Inter or other Italian teams, it's just AC Milan. Our boogie teams are just the ones which are physical and technical at the same time like Lyon, Bayern etc.

Italian NT: Brazil

Brazilian NT: France

Tottenham: Arsenal :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Black Beasts and other mythical creatures Empty Re: Black Beasts and other mythical creatures

Post by rwo power Thu 26 Apr - 13:44:56

Well, somehow Bayern managed to mess up big against Inter more often than not, IIRC. It is not only about who plays better, but also against whom the nerves just don't hold. (And if Dortmund wins against Bayern in the DFB Pokal, too, I think one can add Dortmund, too ^^ )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Thu 26 Apr - 13:46:42

Immortal Babun wrote:Bayern doesn't have any problem with Inter or other Italian teams, it's just AC Milan. Our boogie teams are just the ones which are physical and technical at the same time like Lyon, Bayern etc.

wut ? Fiorentina handled Bayerns ass pretty well ... but the 3-meters offside killed them Laughing
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu 26 Apr - 13:49:19

rwo power wrote:Well, somehow Bayern managed to mess up big against Inter more often than not, IIRC. It is not only about who plays better, but also against whom the nerves just don't hold. (And if Dortmund wins against Bayern in the DFB Pokal, too, I think one can add Dortmund, too ^^ )
Bayern's record against Inter and Juve are positive. I don't know what you're talking about eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 26 Apr - 13:52:32

Immortal Babun wrote:
rwo power wrote:Well, somehow Bayern managed to mess up big against Inter more often than not, IIRC. It is not only about who plays better, but also against whom the nerves just don't hold. (And if Dortmund wins against Bayern in the DFB Pokal, too, I think one can add Dortmund, too ^^ )
Bayern's record against Inter and Juve are positive. I don't know what you're talking about eco smile
I guess the CL final defeat 2009/10 and the last 16 defeat 2010/11 are just too vivid in my memory Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu 26 Apr - 13:57:16

rwo power wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
I guess the CL final defeat 2009/10 and the last 16 defeat 2010/11 are just too vivid in my memory Very Happy
I feel old Neutral
pUsHa wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:Bayern doesn't have any problem with Inter or other Italian teams, it's just AC Milan. Our boogie teams are just the ones which are physical and technical at the same time like Lyon, Bayern etc.

wut ? Fiorentina handled Bayerns ass pretty well ... but the 3-meters offside killed them Laughing
You know my grandma had a cat named kitty... eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 26 Apr - 14:29:58

Should probably add Atletico to the Barca list.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 26 Apr - 14:46:30

chelsea can never beat 'pool, especilly when Kenny is the manager, im pretty sure Kenny has like one less vs chelsea in all his regins at 'pool combined Mad
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 26 Apr - 14:50:30

Sunderland have beaten us like 3 times in 30 years eco smile

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu 26 Apr - 14:54:04

We've actually broken the hold of these two teams this year, however I'll still bring them up: Roma and Palermo.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu 26 Apr - 14:55:15

Mexico: Argentina

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 26 Apr - 14:57:53

[quote="Great Leader Sprucenuce"]Sunderland have beaten us like 3 times in 30 years eco smile

Nialquinn: "30 years? How is it possible that a non-geordie not sitting right next to St.James can acquire such information? PLEASE! Stop using posts from other forums! PLEASE!!!!"/Paranoia/Complex
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu 26 Apr - 15:25:17

Italian NT: Brazil

Brazilian NT: France

Tottenham: Arsenal :lol!:

Bayern and Germany have serious problem coming up against Italy..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 26 Apr - 15:28:58

Barcelona in the past have choked alot vs. us

Head to head also, we're better, so you should add Madrid to Barca

Also, Germany loses alot vs. France
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu 26 Apr - 15:30:35

Away from home, at least, we've only beaten Stoke City once in four attempts.

We don't seem to beat Man Utd much nowadays, either.

I'd recommend adding Sweden to England's list of teams they struggle to beat.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 26 Apr - 15:34:48

@Se7en
So one could say that neither Barca nor Real are too fond to play each other, because the results are open and the loser gets lots of flak?

About Germany vs France - I'll add it in parenthesis, because France isn't considered a bogey team by Germany nonetheless
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 26 Apr - 15:36:57

rwo power wrote:@Se7en
So one could say that neither Barca nor Real are too fond to play each other, because the results are open and the loser gets lots of flak?

About Germany vs France - I'll add it in parenthesis, because France isn't considered a bogey team by Germany nonetheless

Yeah, clasicos are very equal.

I heard Germany haven't beaten France in 20 years, that's choking to me imo
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 26 Apr - 15:44:37

Se7en wrote:I heard Germany haven't beaten France in 20 years, that's choking to me imo
I'd have to look up the numbers. The point is more that even if they may have been defeated, Germany will always go into a match feeling rather certain to be able to defeat France. In the case of Italy, Germany usually goes into a match with a certain apprehension, and that's what constitutes a bogey team for me. Thinking of that, I maybe should add Spain, too, as they have built up a similar reputation vs Germany recently. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 26 Apr - 15:56:09

We Arsenal always choke against Stoke, and we will play them on Saturday No

I can't see it changing honestly.

Add any team against Germany on penalties Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu 26 Apr - 22:46:34

Chivas: any Brazilian club

Argentina: Germany
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu 26 Apr - 23:03:24

[quote="Arquitecto"]
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sunderland have beaten us like 3 times in 30 years eco smile

Nialquinn: "30 years? How is it possible that a non-geordie not sitting right next to St.James can acquire such information? PLEASE! Stop using posts from other forums! PLEASE!!!!"/Paranoia/Complex

lol he does reply with typical posts copied directly from geordie forums not having a clue what hes talking about.

Razz for example we have beat newcastle 3 times since the start of the 2000s. Never mind 30 year. Just geordies like to re write history to suit them. The usual retort is we havnt beaten them at our own ground. Ignoring the fact the stadium of light is relatively new and time spent in different leagues.

Razz Just like we cold technically reply they havnt beaten us at the Sports direct arena.

Newcastle arnt our bogey team anyway.

Everton are.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 27 Apr - 1:44:00

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

scratch We've beat them in a WC final ffs lol

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 27 Apr - 1:46:33

damn frenchies Mad

zidane Mad
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri 27 Apr - 1:49:36

Albiceleste wrote:
Rebaño Sagrado wrote:

scratch We've beat them in a WC final ffs lol

no you beat west gemany :coffee:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next