McAgger
Le Samourai
I Have Mono
Blue Barrett
The Franchise
24 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 35 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:10

The Franchise wrote:I think the team dynamic has just changed and Pau no longer how a clear defined role and doesnt know how to assert himself.

Before Bynum and Odom was basically working around him and Kobe on offence. Odom was high post feeder meanwhile when Bynum wasnt injured he wasnt basically a defensive presence who got alley oops and offensive rebounds.

Now, people are actively looking for Bynum, more than Pau and he is the one working in the post.

Pau is now the 3rd option and thats a really difficult role to play. If its 2 guys and everyone else filing a role, much easier..but a legit 3rd option is hard. Look at Bosh first season, just had no idea.

Pau has become basically a jumpshooter. When he ventures in the post, its not the same established touches, its not the same, we are coming to you 3, 4 times out of 7, 8 possessions. Not to mention, there is no Phil Jackson and the magic traingle which naturally creates for you.

Pau really needs trading, for various reasons, his inability being a 3rd option being top of that list.

On the Lakers, I have noticed some errie similarities with Barca...more on that another time perhaps..but yeah, we cant stand pat and hope for the best like the Lakers did lol

As in Pau = Iniesta? I see it a bit.

Pau did very well IMO, but yea....I agree with everything you say.Kobe's changed a bit as a player as well, he's not a ballhandler per-se anymore, he needs post touches to be effective.

Post is crowded, everyone Artest, Kobe, Bynum , Gasol all do their best work their and Sessions is a driver.

We have no spacing, and Artest don't run cuts (not his game) and no perimeter threats.

Eventually you just get crowded.

I hope we get a PG for Pau, we can pick up other stuff in free agency, but we need a PG to take the ball out of Kobe's hands like Rondo did with Pierce.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 35 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 01:11

I think though, OKC has the wing defenders to throw at Ginobli, I can see Parker and Westbrook basically tiring each other out trying to guard one another (and failing) with Collison/Perkins as primary defenders of Duncan (both very able to do that) leaving Ibaka VERY free to roam and block shots.

But who on earth is going to stop KD?

OKC's defence will REALLY be pushed to the limit and their rotations have to be spot on...but I think it will be a great and close series.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 01:18

Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think the team dynamic has just changed and Pau no longer how a clear defined role and doesnt know how to assert himself.

Before Bynum and Odom was basically working around him and Kobe on offence. Odom was high post feeder meanwhile when Bynum wasnt injured he wasnt basically a defensive presence who got alley oops and offensive rebounds.

Now, people are actively looking for Bynum, more than Pau and he is the one working in the post.

Pau is now the 3rd option and thats a really difficult role to play. If its 2 guys and everyone else filing a role, much easier..but a legit 3rd option is hard. Look at Bosh first season, just had no idea.

Pau has become basically a jumpshooter. When he ventures in the post, its not the same established touches, its not the same, we are coming to you 3, 4 times out of 7, 8 possessions. Not to mention, there is no Phil Jackson and the magic traingle which naturally creates for you.

Pau really needs trading, for various reasons, his inability being a 3rd option being top of that list.

On the Lakers, I have noticed some errie similarities with Barca...more on that another time perhaps..but yeah, we cant stand pat and hope for the best like the Lakers did lol

As in Pau = Iniesta? I see it a bit.

Pau did very well IMO, but yea....I agree with everything you say.Kobe's changed a bit as a player as well, he's not a ballhandler per-se anymore, he needs post touches to be effective.

Post is crowded, everyone Artest, Kobe, Bynum , Gasol all do their best work their and Sessions is a driver.

We have no spacing, and Artest don't run cuts (not his game) and no perimeter threats.

Eventually you just get crowded.

I hope we get a PG for Pau, we can pick up other stuff in free agency, but we need a PG to take the ball out of Kobe's hands like Rondo did with Pierce.

No, no, much bigger picture. Plus Iniesta is very fine in his role.

What I mean is, Lakers won, we won.

Then you lost your great coach who played a very specific style, but both left because they are physically spent.

You got in a defensive coach instead of the young understudy..we didnt do that, you didnt go with Shaw, we went with Tito.

You keep the same team, thinking, well these guys one it once...we can do it again...I hope we arent niave enough to think this.

Then add things like, both of us lack a certain ability in crucial areas, us another scorer, you a point guard.

There are quite a few similarities situation wise.

But yeah, anyway.

I agree you need a point..I hope you dont throw Gasol at us and we stupidly say yes to giving you Lowry and Scola.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends 23/5/2012, 01:22

I think Westbrook will be OKC's undoing in this series

If they win it will be because the Spurs can't matchup with KD, offense or defense
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:24

Kobe scored, but you cannot underestimate what Pau did in 09 like that. Dwight Howard's mobility and rim protection basically completely takes away opportunities for guys to get to the rim.

Pau forced him to play man to man and opened up scoring opportunities for everyone....not to mention completely killing him on offense.

Kobe had to deal with Mikael Pietrus Laughing

In the Boston Series we went to a game 7.

Gasol in that game 19 and 18 and 5....with KG guarding him.Can you imagine KG in a game 7?......9 offensive rebounds says it all.

Kobe was 6-24 , he got 15 rebounds, but Gasol...was clearly the game's best player.

He was fantastic throughout the series.

LO was an amazing player hardly average, ingnited our offense too many times to recall on those runs, brought us back into games that seemed lost too many times the most crucial piece to be called just above average.

Elite talent.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:26

I disagree.

Westbrook has been nothing short of spectacular thus far...if they do win it'll be because he is the one person in the league who has TP gasping for breath.

I think KD will have a normal series,get about 28 a game or thereabouts....good efficiency etc.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends 23/5/2012, 01:35

Le Samourai wrote:Kobe scored, but you cannot underestimate what Pau did in 09 like that. Dwight Howard's mobility and rim protection basically completely takes away opportunities for guys to get to the rim.

Pau forced him to play man to man and opened up scoring opportunities for everyone....not to mention completely killing him on offense.

Kobe had to deal with Mikael Pietrus Laughing

In the Boston Series we went to a game 7.

Gasol in that game 19 and 18 and 5....with KG guarding him.Can you imagine KG in a game 7?......9 offensive rebounds says it all.

Kobe was 6-24 , he got 15 rebounds, but Gasol...was clearly the game's best player.

He was fantastic throughout the series.

LO was an amazing player hardly average, ingnited our offense too many times to recall on those runs, brought us back into games that seemed lost too many times the most crucial piece to be called just above average.

Elite talent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NBA_Finals

?

Also Re: Westbrook - for all his talent, his decision-making is abhorrent...Dude plays with a top 5 player in the league and still manages to hock up more shots than KD far too often - I'd put money on Westbrook have at least one 5-18 type shooting night in this series

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous 23/5/2012, 01:43

The Franchise wrote:I think though, OKC has the wing defenders to throw at Ginobli, I can see Parker and Westbrook basically tiring each other out trying to guard one another (and failing) with Collison/Perkins as primary defenders of Duncan (both very able to do that) leaving Ibaka VERY free to roam and block shots.

OKC's defence will REALLY be pushed to the limit and their rotations have to be spot on...but I think it will be a great and close series.

True but here is I think Pop will have something to say. It'll be close just like you said but like I said earlier I think Spurs have too much in their locker for OKC who will have to defend them perfectly imo.

Of course if KD enters beast mode then there is nothing the Spurs can do lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:48

2010 finals lol......

I know the story on Westbrook, I bought into it as well some time ago, but I don't take that hook seriously anymore.

I've watched him enough to see that he's better than people would like to give him credit for, the difference between him and Durant is not that much.

Knock his decsion making all day, but he needs to score for them to win and he needs shots to get going.He's a streaky scorer, he's prone to going cold, and if he does , the Thunders offense gets very very easy to read.Scottie Brooks tells him to shoot it, I'm positive.

We'll see, but I'll say he'll have a good series whether they win or lose, and KD.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:49

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think though, OKC has the wing defenders to throw at Ginobli, I can see Parker and Westbrook basically tiring each other out trying to guard one another (and failing) with Collison/Perkins as primary defenders of Duncan (both very able to do that) leaving Ibaka VERY free to roam and block shots.

True but here is I think Pop will have something to say. It'll be close just like you said but like I said earlier I think Spurs have too much in their locker for OKC who will have to defend them perfectly imo.

Bold Prediction time.

Kawahi Leonard to do a job, limit KD to a normal 28 PPG on 50 % shooting series.

Assistance from Captain Jack.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize 23/5/2012, 01:50

After watching Perk against the Lakers, I think it's safe to say if Perkins doesn't get injured, the Celtics win that 2010 game 7.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous 23/5/2012, 01:53

Le Samourai wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Bold Prediction time.

Kawahi Leonard to do a job, limit KD to a normal 28 PPG on 50 % shooting series.

Assistance from Captain Jack.

Pretty bold but Kawahi has been hot this post-season. If he can get KD to settle for low percentage shots it might happen.

But KD is the scoring champ for a reason and I personally think he's going to do great. The rest of OKC will let him down imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa 23/5/2012, 01:54

dmize wrote:After watching Perk against the Lakers, I think it's safe to say if Perkins doesn't get injured, the Celtics win that 2010 game 7.

With the amount of blatant illegal screens this guy sets they would have made a three-peat about right now ...

Last edited by pUsHa on 23/5/2012, 01:57; edited 2 times in total
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:54

Meh Bynum was at around 10% for the series, I'd say we'd be about even.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 01:55

The problem with Westbrook isnt EXACTLY shooting, its part of the problem..but the real problem is when, where, how and why.

Against the Spurs, they going to have to be great to win. This isnt the Lakers or Dallas, who have no offensive threat at point...this is Parker, he going to take something out of Westbrook on the other end. When you get tired, the first thing that goes is your decisions making, the second is your legs and your jumpshot aswell as your willingness to drive.

These are disasters for him.

I think he can still have a great series, but he has to avoid certain things he did last year..so far he has, but this is a different level now, just like it was last year.

We cannot see 5 turnovers a game, we cannot see 3 jumpers in a row without getting someone else a touch, we cannot see ill advised drives into the paint in the hope of getting to the FT line but actually doing offensive fouls..he must play under control and pick his spots.

There is nothing wrong with shooting the ball, its what he does best..but again, its how, when, where, why.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:55

pUsHa wrote:
dmize wrote:After watching Perk against the Lakers, I think it's safe to say if Perkins doesn't get injured, the Celtics win that 2010 game 7.

With the amount of blatang illegal screens this guy sets they would have made a three-peat about right now ...

Laughing

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 01:57

I am not sure 28 PPG on 50 % is really that bold..I mean..I am not expecting 35ppg here..this is the Spurs lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 01:58

For every Perkins illegal screen, there is a Kobe dislodging his defender in the midpost.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 01:59

The Franchise wrote:I am not sure 28 PPG on 50 % is really that bold..I mean..I am not expecting 35ppg here..this is the Spurs lol

He needs to if he wants to be GOAT.

I remember a young Kobe against San Antonio :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize 23/5/2012, 01:59

And I have OKC beating the Spurs. San Antonio is probably a better overall team, but Leonard/Jackson/whoever else they try to guard Durant with, are going to have a hard time. Leonards a solid player and defender but sizewise Durant is still too much. I know during their regular season meetings, Durant never really went off, but obviously that won't continue. They threw guys at Durant and tried to make it a 5v2. He's going to adjust.

Westbrook and Parker will be interesting. I know Parker dropped 40 in one of their meetings. And Harden is the x factor again. Danny Green nor Ginobli can guard him, he's gunna have to have a big series.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 02:00

You can throw that out the window right away..Durant is a killer, but he isnt prime Kobe..nor is he Jordan or someone like that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 02:01

The Franchise wrote:For every Perkins illegal screen, there is a Kobe dislodging his defender in the midpost.

Perhaps, but I doubt it.

Perkins is after all the record holder for Illegal screens in NBA history despite playing a mere 536 games at an average of a mere 22.2 minutes Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize 23/5/2012, 02:03

pUsHa wrote:

With the amount of blatant illegal screens this guy sets they would have made a three-peat about right now ...

Still crying about screens. Yes, clearly if Perkins screened legally the whole series, it woulda been Lakers in 4 over the Thunder. Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa 23/5/2012, 02:05

dmize wrote:
pUsHa wrote:

Still crying about screens. Yes, clearly if Perkins screened legally the whole series, it woulda been Lakers in 4 over the Thunder. Laughing

I'm not even talking about this series ... this guy is setting illegal screens since he took his first step in this league ... KG has taught him well ... the 08 series must have been a record for illegal screens by team for the Celtics ... :lol!:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise 23/5/2012, 02:06

2am...wasnt this game meant to tipoff like 5 minutes ago lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai 23/5/2012, 02:06

Can Harden Guard Ginobli?

I'll take sweet pleasure in all the offensive fouls Ginobli screws Harden with on his random, put my head and ram anything that moves drives.

KD has to go off.......because OKC is outmatched everywhere else, most importantly in terms of team coherence.No team can deal with SA's ball movement

Westbrook needs to be even better than the level he's at right now IMO...cuz I don't see KD getting 35 a game.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next