Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match.

4 posters

Go down

Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match. Empty Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match.

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

Today 23rd June, at Malmoe in Sweden, ICA Sweden presents a friendly match between FF Malmoe and AC Milan; the match shall be played on Sunday, 14th August at 18,30 to be hosted at the Swedbank Stadium of Malmo,

During the half-time interval, prizes of honour will be given to the families of the great Swedish Milan players of the past, Liedholm, Nordahl and Gren. This match will give Zlatan Ibrahimovic the opportunity to play once more on the field of his very first team, which launched him among the Swedish professional players in 1999.

Ibrahimovic, glad to be returning to Sweden to play against his favourite team, declared the following: “I am very pleased to know that I will be soon returning to my home town, to play in my stadium. It will be an important test for me and for Milan before the Italian championship starts again. We will be going to Sweden to entertain people and to have a great game, knowing that we will be playing against a very good team like FF Malmo, determined to beat the champions of Italy.”

It has been 15 years since Milan has not played an official match in Sweden: 16th October 1996, Goeteborg – Milan 2-1, Champions League.

ICA Sweden, the principal sponsor of the event, has been supporting AC Milan for many years in the development of youth football in Sweden, through the Milan Junior Camp project, which since 2005, has hosted the participation of 15,000 Swedish, young footballers. In fact, just this summer, 1,200 boys and girls aged 7 to 16, will be wearing the Milan gear during the Milan Junior Camp organized in the cities of Malmoe, Vasteras, Umea and Stockholm.

Moreover, on the 8th July, Franco Baresi (historic Milan captain) will give the kick-off at Malmoe of the Milan Junior Camp in Sweden and will be also commenting the participation of the AC Milan team in Malmo on 14th August.

Pretty interesting I was just there not even a month ago. I went to the Swedbank Stadium and even got myself a nice t-shirt. They have this big picture of Ibra while he was playing there in the shop and dvd's on his career. I must say they had a pretty nice shop too.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match. Empty Re: Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match.

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 pm

So friendly games are so far the Audi cup and this Malmo one!right?
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match. Empty Re: Milan to play Malmo FF in friendly match.

Post by IzzyC08 Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm not positive but yes I think so.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:51 pm

At least this isn't like that one stupid summer where we had with one friendly game after another (Club America, Chelsea, etc).
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballComments Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:35 am

Great fixture. I love it when MILAN plays in countries where it hasn't played for a while. Also the Russian Railway Cup in which we participated a couple of years ago was very nice.
On this particular game at Malmo - well it's very nice that Ibra will be able to play in his home town. Also I think MILAN might win a lot of fans in the country and in Malmo in particular, when they see their idol Zlatan in the rossonero shirt.
FootballComments
FootballComments
Prospect
Prospect

http://footballcomments.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Thursday, August 18th, the same date as last year, sees Milan travel to Bari to take part in the TIM Trophy with Inter and Juventus. The sponsor will announce all the details of the event soon.

When Milan will start their pre-season retreat is well known: the Champions of Italy’s resume training at Milanello on July 12th. From then on, between fixtures and events already officially announced, the Rossoneri summer is taking shape.

Following the first days of training, Milan will participate in a friendly not far from Milanello against regional opponents. The first big date in the summer calendar is Tuesday, July 26th in the Audi Cup against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena. The winners from the clash between the Italian and German giants will play in the final, while the losers will play it out for 3rd place. Both matches will be played the following day, with either Barcelona or Internacional from Porto Alegre as opponents. Milan have another important date in Bavaria on Thursday, July 28th, when the Rossoneri visit the headquarters of one of their historic partners, adidas.

On their return to Italy, Massimilano Allegri’s team will remain in Milan for three days before heading out to Beijing on August 1st. After touching down in China on August 2nd the players have a few days to acclimatise ahead of the Italian Super Cup against Inter on Saturday, August 6th. The following week, on Sunday, August 14th, it’s off to Sweden to face Ibrahimovic’s former team Malmoe.

Now that the date for the TIM Trophy has been set, the only fixture still to be finalised is the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy between Milan and Juventus.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down