No Scudetto revenge for Pirlo

Go down

No Scudetto revenge for Pirlo  Empty No Scudetto revenge for Pirlo

Post by DeviAngel Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 am

Andrea Pirlo didn’t have revenge on his mind when Juventus pipped former club Milan to the Scudetto on Sunday night.

The Old Lady were crowned champions following their 2-0 win against Cagliari, while the Rossoneri lost the derby 4-2 to Inter.

“There’s no revenge,” said the playmaker who left the Diavolo in the summer on a Bosman after they opted against offering him a new contract.

“I left Milan because I needed new motivation. I chose Juventus and their project to win and I’ve been able to do that immediately.

“I was convinced that I was still No 1 and I think I’ve shown that.”

The Italian international has played a key role in the club’s Scudetto success after boss Antonio Conte changed his system to accommodate his skills.

“I always played my part, I was in good shape all season and I had a desire to win,” he added.

“It was a deserved Scudetto and one that we wanted from the very start. There was no revenge in my mind.”

Pirlo was being written off by some at the start of the season, but the 32-year-old responded with three goals and numerous assists in his 36 League games to date.

“I hope to play for a few more years yet,” he said when asked about a possible heir. “I’m still enjoying myself and I have great desire.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down