rwo power
Art Morte
urbaNRoots
LeSwagg James
Blue Barrett
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red Empty Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red

Post by Blue Barrett Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Cardiff City are considering a rebranding which could mean a change of colour and a significant cash injection, BBC Wales Sport understands.
This may involve the team playing in red instead of their traditional blue.
The club's Malaysian investors believe red is a more dynamic colour for marketing in Asia, as well as of more national significance in Wales.
No final decisions have been taken, but the owners are keen to put more money at manager Malky Mackay's disposal.
Mackay had to almost rebuild his squad from scratch when he took over last summer following the sacking of Dave Jones.
Despite the early-season disruption, Cardiff managed to reach the Carling Cup final and the Championship play-off semi-finals before losing to West Ham.
The Welsh club's main investor, Vincent Tan, is also understood to be keen to develop the club's training facilities.
While the shirts and club badge could change colour, Cardiff City sources categorically deny that the club - whose nickname is "the Bluebirds" - will become known as "the 'Red Dragons''.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football-17996534
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

THERE SHOULD BE RIOTS IN THE STREETS!!!! ABOMINATION!!!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red Empty Re: Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red

Post by LeSwagg James Tue May 08, 2012 4:49 pm

What a joke, more dynamic color for marketing in Asia? Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red Empty Re: Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Hazard

Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red Tumblr_ly2lg37Wkn1qin26e
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Unbelievable.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Cardiff City could change colours from blue to red Empty Cardiff City: Bluebirds see Red

Post by rwo power Wed May 09, 2012 2:49 pm

After 104 years of wearing blue kits (hence the nickname "Bluebirds"), the Malaysian owner wants to change the kit colour of Cardiff City to red as that would be better marketable in the Asian market. The club's crest is also in danger of getting a re-design, turning the blue bird into a red dragon. The fans obviously are not amused at all.

Brave new world, eh?

Source: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/startseite/568746/artikel_cardiff-fans-geschockt_besitzer-wollen-trikotfarbe-aendern.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed May 09, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm sure that'll go over real well with the faithful.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

profits over everything. money is killing humanity
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Hahahaha suck it, that's what you get for selling out. I hope Chelseas crest is changed to a cartoon vodka bottle pissing on the St. Paul's Cathedral and Citys new emblem gets to be a soccer ball in a burqa standing on a solid gold oil barrell.

Make it happen, universes sense of irony!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Barretinator already created a thread about this..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Oops. Gotta check where it is and merge this into it. Sorry 'bout that *sweatdrop*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 pm

rwo power wrote:Oops. Gotta check where it is and merge this into it. Sorry 'bout that *sweatdrop*

lol.. It probably got swept under the rug.. I don't think its on the first page anymore
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Hahahaha suck it, that's what you get for selling out. I hope Chelseas crest is changed to a cartoon vodka bottle pissing on the St. Paul's Cathedral and Citys new emblem gets to be a soccer ball in a burqa standing on a solid gold oil barrell.

That's harsh,it's not the fans fault.

I wouldn't wish that on any club.I feel sorry for them.

Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Swagg wrote:
rwo power wrote:Oops. Gotta check where it is and merge this into it. Sorry 'bout that *sweatdrop*

lol.. It probably got swept under the rug.. I don't think its on the first page anymore
Found it. Albeit I liked my title better with "Bluebirds see Red" Razz

Well, I'm really happy about the 50+1 rule of the Bundesliga in that respect.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 09, 2012 5:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Hahahaha suck it, that's what you get for selling out. I hope Chelseas crest is changed to a cartoon vodka bottle pissing on the St. Paul's Cathedral and Citys new emblem gets to be a soccer ball in a burqa standing on a solid gold oil barrell.

Your crest suggestions are significantly more awesome than the current ones if I'm honest. hmm

Anyway this definitely sucks for Cardiff fans who identify with the colour blue. But maybe it won't be so bad in the long run.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

How dare they sell their establishment to people that can take their club to the next level of football and make them, you know, win titles. They deserve the worse for that. Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

This is certainly an extreme example of what marketing is doing to football. Tradition and the feelings of the fans, any club's main source of income, are being swept aside in favour of lucrative commercial deals. I can emphasise with the Cardiff fans, having experienced something similar with the naming of the Emirates Stadium (although in that case, it was a necessary evil).

Marketing in Asia is all well and good but it looks as if they're going the wrong way about it. I'd have thought that when you market a club, you would want to market that club in it's true state. By changing it's colours and crest, it's not really the real Cardiff City; just a glamourised version.

Anything for money though, I suppose.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Can you really market Cardiff City though? Neutral
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Swansea City just premiered Red + Green kits this week.

Trying to battle it out for the Welsh demographic, I guess.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed May 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Jealous much?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 pm

He supports a 2.B side, I doubt he cares much about the overindulgence affiliated with modern football.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed May 09, 2012 5:53 pm

poor man's getafe team dubai Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

If my club changed from Red to Blue, I would protest in the streets. Our main rival is blue Mad
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 09, 2012 7:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:How dare they sell their establishment to people that can take their club to the next level of football and make them, you know, win titles. They deserve the worse for that. Rolling Eyes

If you sell something, someone else will own it. Don't complain about what they're doing with their new property.

:vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 09, 2012 7:35 pm

You have to win titles to market your club. Not change club colours ffs.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Leeds did the same in 1961.

It's happened before.

No big deal.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next