davidsNC
DeviAngel
Cotes
LWL91
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What striker should we sign for CF?

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap21%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 12 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap14%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap11%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 6 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap7%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap14%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap2%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap5%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 3 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap2%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 8 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap4%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_lcap4%Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Empty Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013

Post by LWL91 Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 am

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 David-10

NOTE:

Jovetic and Lavezzi are secunda puntas in my opinion because they're small and not exactly players to hit it in the air..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Empty Re: Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013

Post by Cotes Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Cavani definitively...
only one there that is both Serie A & Champions League proven...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Empty Re: Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013

Post by DeviAngel Fri May 11, 2012 3:31 pm

The Anti - Ibra player He is the same same same :

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Dimitar-Berbatov_1523527c

Or Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 3d34d349-46f1-4c19-8121-fab878ccfacd-634437579647519240

THE FIRST CHOICE !

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Photo_1336673129212-1-0

OR

Poll: choose your goal-machine for 2012/2013 Cavani
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm

I, like Devi, like Berbatov, but I don't think we'll see him at Juve b/c:

although his contract ends, (i read somewhere that )united has an option to extend his contract. they will do that so that he doesn't leave for free. Plus, after the Paul Pogba affair, I don't think ManU will want to do us any favors.

I liked Berbatov b/c of his skill, and the possibility of getting him at a huge discount. If we can't get him on the cheap, then my interest is a lot less.

If he were cheap, I had envisioned getting him, and someone like Suarez, Jovectic, Ramirez or even Giovinco, as a combo that could make an impact, at a fairly reasonable price...

Since I don't think that scenario will play out, I vote for Suarez. He's so dynamic. He can set up play and finish them too. Just imagine him on the right wing in a 4-3-3.

I'm also in favor of not picking up Boriello's option and just bringing Immobile back. When you weigh Boriello's goals vs his misses, and the way our attack seemed to sputter almost every time he was on the field, he doesn't seem like somone I'd want to invest in.

davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Fri May 11, 2012 6:05 pm

two more points (that I forgot to mention):

(1)
a lot of juve fans split into two camps -- (a) CF is first priority and (b) a more creative second fwd/ trequartista is the priority... I tend to agree more with the second group

(2)
unfortunately, i don't get to watch as much soccer as i'd like. the other options may be great (of even better than my idea). i'm not hating on anyone who votes different... i just haven't seen some of the other options play enough to have a really strong opinion
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri May 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Diego Farbrini for Trequarista ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri May 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I think signing Cavani+Lavezzi would make Juventus unstoppable next season.They played a lot together and know they each other well.They deserve a better team and Juventus is the perfect opportunity for them because the team is showing a good form and potential.Another good reason for them to sign is playing in Uefa Champions League next year.I'm sure Juve will reach at least the semis.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm

No way that Juve signs both Cavani and Lavezzi. Besides, Juve have Vucinic. While he may not be a world-beater, he is very good on his day, and he produced for Juve this season. I would rather see Cavani come over. He's young, he's played in the CL, and he knows Serie A inside and out.

Barring that, RVP is my personal favorite. He is a World Class striker when fit, and he's shown the ability to put a team on his back and carry them this season. The biggest hindrance is his prce tag. He'll probably cost upwards of 20 million pounds (depending on how much, or even if, he wants to leave Arsenal). That is likely pushing the limit that Juve will want to spend on one player.

Another option might be Higuain. He's a wonderful striker, but not quite the level of Benzema, and has been subsequently relegated to the pine pony (bench). A player of his level should be starting somewhere. If he pushes for a move, Juve should be ready to throw him a life-line. He won't be as expensive as RVP (and maybe even Cavani) and he'll produce more than the strikers currently at the club.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri May 11, 2012 9:48 pm

donttreadonred wrote:No way that Juve signs both Cavani and Lavezzi. Besides, Juve have Vucinic. While he may not be a world-beater, he is very good on his day, and he produced for Juve this season. I would rather see Cavani come over. He's young, he's played in the CL, and he knows Serie A inside and out.

Barring that, RVP is my personal favorite. He is a World Class striker when fit, and he's shown the ability to put a team on his back and carry them this season. The biggest hindrance is his prce tag. He'll probably cost upwards of 20 million pounds (depending on how much, or even if, he wants to leave Arsenal). That is likely pushing the limit that Juve will want to spend on one player.

Another option might be Higuain. He's a wonderful striker, but not quite the level of Benzema, and has been subsequently relegated to the pine pony (bench). A player of his level should be starting somewhere. If he pushes for a move, Juve should be ready to throw him a life-line. He won't be as expensive as RVP (and maybe even Cavani) and he'll produce more than the strikers currently at the club.

I can't see RVP signing for Juve in this life.Higuain?...c'mon, it's Serie A.

Vucinic?You say that Juve has Vucinic like Juve don't need to sign a greater player.And Vucinic is a left winger on base.

I said Lavezzi + Cavani because Juve has enough money to spend on transfers and they would fit perfectly in the current squad.Anyway, Cavani would be enough.But Higuain?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 11, 2012 11:00 pm

Jovetic-Cavani-Lavezzi/Giovinco

That's... :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 12, 2012 5:59 am

vlafy wrote:I can't see RVP signing for Juve in this life.Higuain?...c'mon, it's Serie A.

Vucinic?You say that Juve has Vucinic like Juve don't need to sign a greater player.And Vucinic is a left winger on base.

I said Lavezzi + Cavani because Juve has enough money to spend on transfers and they would fit perfectly in the current squad.Anyway, Cavani would be enough.But Higuain?
RVP may be a pipe dream, and I realize he's been tipped as preferring Spain IF he moves from Arsenal. I merely meant that he would be my choice to fill the role, not that it was likely to happen.

Higuain could be more realistic. He's not playing regularly. He needs a club that's challenging for titles and trophies, which Juve can provide. It could be attractive to him. I also think he's a very good striker, and could solve Juve's finishing problem. With Vucinic, Marchisio and another new winger on the right, Higuain would have plenty of support to be the solution up top for Juve. I agree that Cavani would be more ideal.

I see Vucinic and Lavezzi as filling similar roles. Lavezzi may have played more centrally this season, but he's more often been used as a left winger/forward. So, they fill a similar role. In a 3-5-2, the could both play the left striker. In a 4-3-3, they both can play the LW role. I don't think Juve will pursue Lavezzi because they already have Vucinic, and neither are out-and-out strikers. It's not that I don't think Juve needs a great striker.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat May 12, 2012 9:35 am

donttreadonred wrote:
vlafy wrote:I can't see RVP signing for Juve in this life.Higuain?...c'mon, it's Serie A.

RVP may be a pipe dream, and I realize he's been tipped as preferring Spain IF he moves from Arsenal. I merely meant that he would be my choice to fill the role, not that it was likely to happen.

Higuain could be more realistic. He's not playing regularly. He needs a club that's challenging for titles and trophies, which Juve can provide. It could be attractive to him. I also think he's a very good striker, and could solve Juve's finishing problem. With Vucinic, Marchisio and another new winger on the right, Higuain would have plenty of support to be the solution up top for Juve. I agree that Cavani would be more ideal.

I see Vucinic and Lavezzi as filling similar roles. Lavezzi may have played more centrally this season, but he's more often been used as a left winger/forward. So, they fill a similar role. In a 3-5-2, the could both play the left striker. In a 4-3-3, they both can play the LW role. I don't think Juve will pursue Lavezzi because they already have Vucinic, and neither are out-and-out strikers. It's not that I don't think Juve needs a great striker.

Higuain misses too much in front of goal and in my opinion he won't fit Juve's style.Anyway Lavezzi said that he would like to join Juventus, if Napoli won't play in UCL next year.My first option is still Edinson Cavani.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm

vlafy wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:

Higuain misses too much in front of goal and in my opinion he won't fit Juve's style.Anyway Lavezzi said that he would like to join Juventus, if Napoli won't play in UCL next year.My first option is still Edinson Cavani.

I don't want to be rude but dude, you obviously don't know your calcio. There is no way in heaven Napoli and De Laurentis would let go both his superstars to rivals Juventus? Besides; Lavezzi is too expensive for us as he is not the first priority. We need a CF more then a Second striker so badly. Matri scored 11 goals this season as our main CF, that is NOT good enough. Both Lavezzi and Cavani could leave Napoli but i doubt any of them will land in Juve.. Cavani will be VERY expensive. I imagine at least €40 million is what De Laurentis would be asking for him.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm

LWL91 wrote:
vlafy wrote:
donttreadonred wrote:

I don't want to be rude but dude, you obviously don't know your calcio. There is no way in heaven Napoli and De Laurentis would let go both his superstars to rivals Juventus? Besides; Lavezzi is too expensive for us as he is not the first priority. We need a CF more then a Second striker so badly. Matri scored 11 goals this season as our main CF, that is NOT good enough. Both Lavezzi and Cavani could leave Napoli but i doubt any of them will land in Juve.. Cavani will be VERY expensive. I imagine at least €40 million is what De Laurentis would be asking for him.

Maybe you're right.My option is Cavani, but i said Lavezzi + Cavani because it sounds better and anyone can have his own dream Shocked .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat May 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Most of these names are pipe dreams.

Since I know Balotelli isn't an option because of the way Juventus' management feels.

I'll say Suarez

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat May 12, 2012 4:58 pm

Luca wrote:Most of these names are pipe dreams.

Since I know Balotelli isn't an option because of the way Juventus' management feels.

I'll say Suarez

Suarez is a very good striker but he misses too much. I saw him playing for Liverpool and he did it very good. His ball control and dribbling skills are amazing but when it's about finishing in critical moments he has difficulties. If he would have scored better this season, Liverpool could have been for sure in top 4 in EPL.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun May 13, 2012 12:46 am

Right now...I want to see Vucinic start at all expense...
A great player when he's ready...a real game changer!

We need 2 strikers at the expense at Borriello...
Cavani & Giovinco seems possibly & would test any defense!.!.!.!
So...Matri,Quags,Cavani,Giovinco & Vucinic would be great fire power!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

With Napoli not in the CL,there's only one option for me..

EL MATADOR !

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 pm

vlafy wrote:
Luca wrote:Most of these names are pipe dreams.

I'll say Suarez

Suarez is a very good striker but he misses too much. I saw him playing for Liverpool and he did it very good. His ball control and dribbling skills are amazing but when it's about finishing in critical moments he has difficulties. If he would have scored better this season, Liverpool could have been for sure in top 4 in EPL.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this, I'm not choosing based on scoring goals- as we've seen more traditional goal scorers like Matri and Boriello somewhat fail in Conte's system. I'm talking about a more complete striker, Suarez is such an inventive player and a great dribbler. I would love to see him and Vucinic breakdown defenses in the final third.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 13, 2012 10:35 pm

But Luca we would still be missing sitters left right and centre if Vucinic and Suarez is our attacking lineup next season.You're seriously comparing Matri and Borriello to the other CF's we've been linked with ?.

It is clear that we need a 20+ pure goalscoring CF.

Any one of Dzeko,Damaio,Cavani,Higuain,Falcao would be the more sensible options.

Perosnally i want Cavani.And he perfectly suits our style too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun May 13, 2012 10:47 pm

higuain is one of the most clinical strikers in europe

this vlafy guy has no idea what he is talking about
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Surag wrote:But Luca we would still be missing sitters left right and centre if Vucinic and Suarez is our attacking lineup next season.You're seriously comparing Matri and Borriello to the other CF's we've been linked with ?.

It is clear that we need a 20+ pure goalscoring CF.

Any one of Dzeko,Damaio,Cavani,Higuain,Falcao would be the more sensible options.

Perosnally i want Cavani.And he perfectly suits our style too.

Matri came off of a 20 goal season
Boriello has had a 20 goal season (or it may have been 19)

I just am not sure if a poacher type striker is the one needed, as it really hasn't shown to be functional this season

Juventus still had the second best attack in the league
And what was more troublesome was breaking down stubborn defenses in the final third, not finishing high percentage chances.
How many times have we seen a stagnant Juventus attack waiting for Vucinic to produce magic? Or a midfielder to step up and do the same?
This is because whatever forward (except Alex) and winger that joined the attack along with Vucinic was just incapable of providing that spark.

I would take Suarez in a heartbeat, I wouldn't be against Cavani or Higuain either but the whole 20 goal scorer might not be a necessity, creating high percentage chances by forwards is, for me.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun May 13, 2012 11:00 pm

I would say Leandro Damiao is the only realistic option there

As mentioned earlier, Napoli may not be in the CL but that doesn't mean they won't be challenging for Serie A next season. And besides, Cavani and Lavezzi have found their home in Naples, they'd be crazy to leave.

Falcao. Atleti paid like 40mil didn't they? Well if won them a Europe League you know they'll be charging well over 50mil for him and I know Juve are looking for a striker but that is just insane. And I'm calling it now, I think City will try to sign Falcao.

RVP won't leave
Higuain won't leave
I don't think Suarez will leave
Maybe Berbatov

But to be brutally honest, Serie A just doesn't have the prestige it once had. Big players don't want to join Juve, Milan and Inter anymore, they want to join Barca, Madrid, City, United.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I would say Leandro Damiao is the only realistic option there

As mentioned earlier, Napoli may not be in the CL but that doesn't mean they won't be challenging for Serie A next season. And besides, Cavani and Lavezzi have found their home in Naples, they'd be crazy to leave.

Falcao. Atleti paid like 40mil didn't they? Well if won them a Europe League you know they'll be charging well over 50mil for him and I know Juve are looking for a striker but that is just insane. And I'm calling it now, I think City will try to sign Falcao.

RVP won't leave
Higuain won't leave
I don't think Suarez will leave
Maybe Berbatov

But to be brutally honest, Serie A just doesn't have the prestige it once had. Big players don't want to join Juve, Milan and Inter anymore, they want to join Barca, Madrid, City, United.

I disagree, personally
I agree with everything else you said just not with this

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Luca wrote:Matri came off of a 20 goal season
Boriello has had a 20 goal season (or it may have been 19)

I just am not sure if a poacher type striker is the one needed, as it really hasn't shown to be functional this season

Well the stats are all fine but one of the biggest problems for Matri is he is not that very capable of holding up play something which Conte sees in Borriello and hence he seems to prefer him..

Apart from that his box instincts are not very impressive ,his movement and awareness in the box are nowhere close to the Top CFs in the world.He is not clinical either ,he hasnt buried a no.of easy chances that were presented to him..Matri is a decent striker but he is just not top quality and based on Matri's exploits you just cant say that we need a versatile forward in this case Suarez who is not clinical.

Yep we have been pretty stagnant at times ,agreed on that part but in those games still a minimal amount of chances have been created which havent been put away.i'm starting to think we should bring back Gio and allow him to rotate wit Vucinic since he is fairly inconsistent.

Liverpool have actually created bucketloads of chances with Suarez in many games but those havent just been put away..What matters at the end of the day is goals and that is what wins you matches.

Bring back Gio,and sign a CF would be my proposition honestly..I dunno i might have just changed my mind..

i'll respond to your post later ..it is already 4 am here Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next