Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season

+14
Motogp69
DRK
Doc
RED
Vibe
the xcx
Le Samourai
Lex
halamadrid2
S
Eman
EarlyPrototype
Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season

Post by Abramovich Fri May 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Pleased for both.

Brendan Rogers :vagi:

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 11, 2012 11:10 pm

I have been more impressed with Lambert at Norwich than Rogers tbh......

Think the job Rogers has done has been great but vastly overrated aswell....

Lambert's Norwich play just as good if not better because unlike Swansea they can mix up thier play and they have been more consistent than Swansea.

Pardew has been far ahead of both of them as we still battling for 3rd and most pundits thought we would be down the bottom battling relegation Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Alan Pardew has scooped his second major managerial accolade in the space of four days after winning the League Managers Association (LMA) Manager of the Year award on Monday night.

It follows his crowning as the Barclays Manager of the Season on Friday and is more recognition for the fantastic job he has done on Tyneside since his appointment in December 2010.

Newcastle finished fifth in the Barclays Premier League this season after Pardew reshaped his squad and made several inspired signings. The award is based on a poll of bosses from England's four professional divisions.

Last season, it was won by Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson while new England manager Roy Hodgson was the 2009/10 winner.

Pardew, who was accompanied at the London ceremony by his coaching team of John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman, told nufc.co.uk: "It is an incredible honour to be named Manager of The Year by the League Managers Association.

"Coming from my fellow managers, this really is as good as it gets and has to be the highlight of my managerial career so far.

"This award is not just for me though. Everything we have achieved at Newcastle United this season has been achieved as a result of an incredible team effort. The board, my coaching staff, backroom team, players and our magnificent supporters - they all play a crucial role and I thank every one of them."

The ultimate, undisputed, UNIFIED manager of the season.

Alan Pardew and Vincent Kompany named Barclays Premier League Manager and player of the season - Page 2 Zxnqx3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon May 14, 2012 11:12 pm

So many different awards :vagi:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 14, 2012 11:15 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:So many different awards :vagi:

As far as Pardew goes...... one was voted by the premier league and the other was voted by his fellow managers....

The awards RVP got was voted for by the media and the other by his fellow players.

Kompany was voted as player of the year by the league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon May 14, 2012 11:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:So many different awards :vagi:

As far as Pardew goes...... one was voted by the premier league and the other was voted by his fellow managers....

The awards RVP got was voted for by the media and the other by his fellow players.

Kompany was voted as player of the year by the league.

'The League'... as in what? The Board of Directors of Barclays Bank?

While I understand the different groups, I think it would make much more sense if there was just one Manager award, one Players, one Young Player etc. chosen by everyone.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 14, 2012 11:21 pm

I actually dont know as far as Barclays Premier League of the year awards go....

For whats it worth i agree with you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum