OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball

Go down

OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball Empty OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 am

I play basketball from time to time and I noticed something Very Happy The zoning game, how to press, fake body movements etc. in close space are very, very similar to football Very Happy
In addition, you have to use your body to shield yourself from others, train agility+ explosiveness , be fit for a long period of time etc. Over time, my knowledge in basketball made me a better footy player. I would recommend to any young football player to train and play basketball at some point.
The guy who reminds me of a basketball player in footy the most is Frédéric Kanouté.
What's your opinion about it?
:lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball Empty Re: OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:23 am

It's just a lot quicker of a game... relies a lot on reaction, explosion and strength. Finesse only takes you so far before you land on you but lol.

As far as how it helps with football, your body fakes get a lot better, first step improves and you get stronger. You also learn how to protect the ball from the opponent with your hands and body.

I was the short guy in the US at 1.86m... and there are just a huge amount of great athletes. It was tough for me lol.

Back to top Go down

OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball Empty Re: OT: Sportsczy or others who are familiar with basketball

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:
I was the short guy in the US at 1.86m... and there are just a huge amount of great athletes. It was tough for me lol.
I'm not a hotshot in basketball as well and actually shorter than you, 1.84m Very Happy I play it from time to time with friends, they're big but not your 1.90-2m professionals. You're right they're very athletic.
sportsczy wrote:
As far as how it helps with football, your body fakes get a lot better, first step improves and you get stronger. You also learn how to protect the ball from the opponent with your hands and body.
Yeah, I mentioned body fakes and explosion in AM guide already, I think it was for xcx /merc_cury Very Happy
You also get natural awareness of people around you and how to bypass them smoothly. I learned from basketball how to sneak my way through with a well timed run to score. You run in behind of the defence snake style or just in front of their noses, they can't do anything about it when done properly Very Happy
Also, it helps when you already know how to jump high before learning headers Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down