kuhcaoster
Twoism
Sri
70 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

RvP Contract Talks - Page 7 Empty Re: RvP Contract Talks

Post by Mudcat Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Bon voyage Mr. Van Persie. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Personally, I'm completely ambivalent about this. Players come and go. Arsenal has to sell him this summer now. If he stays, he will be the subject of scorn and ridicule from fans and that would only create turmoil in the club. Take the money and invest it in new players to strengthen the squad overall. It's not good to depend on one player for goals as much as Arsenal did this past year. In fact, once Van Persie cooled off a bit late in the season, Arsenal struggled. This is the perfect time to move him anyway. He will be 29 when the season starts and considering his injury history his productivity is far from guaranteed anyway. His value has never been higher than it is right now and may never be again. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out. Hopefully the new Arsenal players will be able to accomplish things that Mr. Van Persie, Mr. Fabregas and Mr. Mouthasri could not.

Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Twoism wrote:"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Which means sell the dude as much as possible.

btw, this is such nonchalant response, I do not gain any more insight into the situation.

I am going to wait to freak out. We still have time for the club to show some ambition and improve some of the holes in the team and with that we will still have time for RVP to see the ambition and sign a new contract. If not then things will remain the same and the team will be in perpetual rebuild like we have for years.
http://justarsenal.com/wenger-admits-that-thierry-henry-left-arsenal-to-win-trophies-like-van-persie-will/12236

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Arsenal's Communications Director, Mark Gonella, tweeted the following to Piers Morgan:

@piersmorgan Ivan is not on a two week holiday. Such things do not exist for Chief Executives at football clubs or anywhere else.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:31 pm

VanPersecutor wrote:I gotta change my username. :/

good thing we left goal then eh??? because you couldn't have changed it otherwise
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Rvp is such a dick hole. No one is gonna pay more then 18m for him now
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 pm

not too mad about this really.

a part of me wishes he would've waited until we signed either another DM (M'vila/Capoue) or AM (Holtby, Dzagoev, etc.). Dont want this news scaring potential signees away
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Yeah, true. But still secretly hoping Van Persie's high and thinks today is the first of April.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Mudcat wrote:Bon voyage Mr. Van Persie. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Personally, I'm completely ambivalent about this. Players come and go. Arsenal has to sell him this summer now. If he stays, he will be the subject of scorn and ridicule from fans and that would only create turmoil in the club. Take the money and invest it in new players to strengthen the squad overall. It's not good to depend on one player for goals as much as Arsenal did this past year. In fact, once Van Persie cooled off a bit late in the season, Arsenal struggled. This is the perfect time to move him anyway. He will be 29 when the season starts and considering his injury history his productivity is far from guaranteed anyway. His value has never been higher than it is right now and may never be again. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out. Hopefully the new Arsenal players will be able to accomplish things that Mr. Van Persie, Mr. Fabregas and Mr. Mouthasri could not.

Well said
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Gary Neville one RVP: "Only a passenger on a ship remember! The ship will always be there!!"
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 pm

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Selling him is not "the best interest in mind". I'm sincerely expecting to let him go for free next season, if the board are really looking for glory next season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:59 pm

This is unfortunate but Arsenal is no longer one of the very top club. They are unable to compete for the highest class of signings and they are losing every year their best players.

I just wonder what Wenger told to RVP in order to attempt to convince him to stay? That he had just buy Podolski? That he would buy MVila?

The fact that Wenger and the directors told Van Persie that they will not spend on big players this year is worrying for Arsenal.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:59 pm

RVP wanted a 200k+ contract IMO, the club refused to change their wage structure and hence RVP got pissed off

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Selling him is not "the best interest in mind". I'm sincerely expecting to let him go for free next season, if the board are really looking for glory next season.

no reason to keep a player who doesn't want to stay and mess up the team chemistry. Sell him right now and get players like Dragovic
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 pm

OLpower wrote:This is unfortunate but Arsenal is no longer one of the very top club. They are unable to compete for the highest class of signings and they are losing every year their best players.

I just wonder what Wenger told to RVP in order to attempt to convince him to stay? That he had just buy Podolski? That he would buy MVila?

The fact that Wenger and the directors told Van Persie that they will not spend on big players this year is worrying for Arsenal.

Well we have spent around 25mil already on 2 players and the transfer window just opened.

Add another 15-20mil in the bank from selling players like Arshavin, Bendtner, Vela
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 pm

If that was the case, Arsenal should clear that up for the fans - van Persie in his statement basically said that Arsenal is not ambitious enough that's why I'm not signing. Arsenal should react to that otherwise I'm believing him.

Also I just don't agree with selling him. Other clubs have done it before (not selling a player in his last year) even if the player asked for a transfer.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 pm

further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Am I the only one who read this and went 'Oh, that's positive'
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:13 pm

By the way did anyone see this guy? I was in tears while watching this Laughing

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:15 pm

The sad, ugly, truth is that we simply cannot keep our best players. 2 years ago we had a team of wilshere, fabregas, nasri, and van persie, since wilshere last played all the others have left Sad Apart from van persie none of them were at their prime and only going to get better, imagine if we could just have kept them all....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If that was the case, Arsenal should clear that up for the fans - van Persie in his statement basically said that Arsenal is not ambitious enough that's why I'm not signing. Arsenal should react to that otherwise I'm believing him.

Also I just don't agree with selling him. Other clubs have done it before (not selling a player in his last year) even if the player asked for a transfer.

Rooney comes to mind....

And I completely agree with you on this one. The statement that was put up by Arsenal was weak, flat and tepid.

You would think they would say something a little bit more... rousing~
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Honestly.

I think it is time we gave it to an Arsenal youth player, who was born in London, raised to love Arsenal, learnt his trade at Arsenal and is playing at Arsenal...

As much as Verm and Sagna have proven themselves to be true Gunners (though, as of now, I am not really in a trusting mood), I want someone who was born and is breathing London.

I dont care if he is injured or how he comes back, I want Wilshere to be seriously considered as Captain.

If Adams could do this, why cant we trust Wilshere? My other option is Woj, but it is time a true Arsenal star stood up.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I'm not sure what more Arsenal can say at this point. They aren't going to condemn their own player, and they aren't going to announce to the world they intend to take any sort of action. The only thing they can really say to defend themselves at this stage is that they are ambitious and have plans.

The whole point of Arsenal's statement is to make it known they don't intend to have their hand forced by van Persie's remarks. They're saying to other clubs that if they want him, they'll have to pay a lot because they aren't letting him go even if he doesn't want to renew.

I don't see much benefit in keeping him. He doesn't want to be here any more, he doesn't agree with the club's methods and he has just made a significant portion of the fan base turn on him. Keeping him for the remainder of his contract is basically saying that he's bigger than the club, which he isn't. Furthermore, you cannot guarantee he will play as many games as he did last season, or score as many goals or even show the same leadership. If he wants to leave, and if the fans aren't behind him, then what motivation does he have to give 100% to the club?

If you can get £20mil+ for a player with one year left on his contract and who no longer wants to be at the club, then there is no reason why the club should not sell him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 pm

This statement caught me off guard. Given the news coming out of the club in may and june i thought he would stay.
But given he has chosen to not renew his contract i guess he is thinking about one final mega move.
I think the club should not sell him, and keep him for one more season. He will need to produce another good season if he wants to get a truck load of money when he leaves next season. Also by the next season starts he will be 30 and i think there will be less chance of a EPL club giving a 30 year old striker with a dubious health record a mega contract.
Although that is the rational thing, and money city are anything but rational.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Not speaking about RVP for a little while. Need to calm down.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Anyone know if he intentionally lied about gazidis being on holiday, or was that some kind of misunderstanding?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:41 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not sure what more Arsenal can say at this point. They aren't going to condemn their own player, and they aren't going to announce to the world they intend to take any sort of action. The only thing they can really say to defend themselves at this stage is that they are ambitious and have plans.

The whole point of Arsenal's statement is to make it known they don't intend to have their hand forced by van Persie's remarks. They're saying to other clubs that if they want him, they'll have to pay a lot because they aren't letting him go even if he doesn't want to renew.

The statement made by Arsenal lacked any passion, at all...

It was like someone woke up the spokesperson and he mumbled something to them, they jotted it down and he went back to sleep.

Let me see if I can write something I would have expected, just for fun
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Anyone know if he intentionally lied about gazidis being on holiday, or was that some kind of misunderstanding?

Again...

further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments.

Am I the only one who read this and went 'Oh, that's positive'
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next