MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Raptor I got that from Tuttosport

In the friendly match Holland- Noth Ireland, Tuttosport have asked to Robin Van Persie about his future: "My future? I agreed with Arsenal not to speak. I can only declare to want play a great Euro 2012 and to win it. And then to continue playing in Champions. Juve? Are a great club sure. Only to win is the important thing".

Can't tell which one is true hmm

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:10 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So RVP wants to win the CL after he wins the Euros, The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 2222139670 is that good or bad for us?

We dont have the team to challenge for CL imo.

Yet Wink

We're still a MONTH away from Euro finishing and the transfer window opening so let's all be eaassyyyyy tongue

I agree with this and at the same time disagree. The quicker we are able to bring people in that will help us actually challenge for silverware. The quicker we can settle Robin into an extended contract. So although we seem to have time speed should be of the essence.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 pm

6unner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So RVP wants to win the CL after he wins the Euros, The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 2222139670 is that good or bad for us?

We dont have the team to challenge for CL imo.

Yet Wink

We're still a MONTH away from Euro finishing and the transfer window opening so let's all be eaassyyyyy tongue

I agree with this and at the same time disagree. The quicker we are able to bring people in that will help us actually challenge for silverware. The quicker we can settle Robin into an extended contract. So although we seem to have time speed should be of the essence.

There's no way we're settling all of our transfer business before the end of Euro and therefore there's no way of re-signing RVP before Euro is over.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 pm

We will sign at least 5 players.

1.RVP

2.Diaby

3.Walcott

4.Jack.

5.Bacary

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

what has happen to this thread? it has become boring. were arnt linked to nobody atm man
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm

REWB wrote:what has happen to this thread? it has become boring. were arnt linked to nobody atm man

Euros stops rumours as it is where a tonne of scouting will be done.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Robin van Persie ‏@vpersiefansite

Robin & Bouchra never spoke to Tuttosport! Don't believe anything at the moment. They both don't talk about Robin's future in the media!

the guy who runs van persies site and in contact with them
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 pm

People have to remember that Arsenal and van Persie agreed to not speak about van Persie's future to the media, so any quotes you see from van Persie regarding his future are likely to be false.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:29 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:There weren't many opportunities for Ozyakup to play last year. It's not wise to just throw a young, untested player into a team that's going through a rut, and when the team did enjoy it's good spells it was because the starting eleven had settled and gelled. The midfield of Song/Arteta/Rosicky did really well. There was no need to disrupt that.

You just can't discard a young player if he isn't doing well. Ramsey wasn't in good form, but Wenger had to keep faith with him to give him confidence even if it ultimately didn't work out.

Giving young players opportunities is as much about timing as it is about talent. The timing wasn't right last season to give Ozyakup games, because the need for experience and continuity was greater. And next season the timing won't be right, either, because Wilshere is coming back, Coquelin will be ready for more games and Ramsey will be more determined to prove himself.

Clearly, he's just not going to get games. Why is it such a bad thing that the club wants him to move on? It's far better for his career if he does, and the club aren't going to lose that much since they already have better talents.

I'm not saying that he should've been an immediate starter last year, just some playing-time like Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Coquelin got. That wouldn't for sure harm our run, he isn't a scrub.

Also I'm not saying that we should've definitely replaced Ramsey with him, if Arsenal shows faith on Ramsey, why not show faith on Özyakup? He has done everything right to get a chance of proving himself, I sincerely don't know what else he had to do.

What other talents? Aneke? He will never play for Arsenal, he's lazy and just not good enough. Olsson and Rees? Yes they look very good at the moment but you never know how they'll turn, they're too young. Eisfeld? Fair enough, he's the only I expect to be half as good as Özyakup, but how it's looking he wont make it either. Probably will be sold after one-two years if this circle continues.

However Arsenal won't be losing much like you said, but I really like Özyakup's style of playing football - closest thing that reminded me of Fabregas. :bow:
the typical Gooner mentality.. Me too wants to see our team full of young talented players.. But last season it was the experience which worked out.. And i completely agree with Jay bro.. It was not a time when we could have played more young players..
And most of the fans feel that Alex and Coquelin didnt have enough playing time.. Alex is special and Coquelin is more proven.. And they are very versatile players who can play in a lot of positions.. I have not seen much of Ozyakup.. Can he do the same ? So we couldnt have given Ozyakup more oppertunities.. So he may move for his own good and the best thing the club can do is to counsel him to a loan deal..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:03 am

It's a permanent deal, if it was a loan deal I would be a happy man.

Can he do the same? Well you have to give him a chance to see if he can do the same.

Also I agree that it's the best decision for Ozyakup to move, but not the best decision from Arsenal's point of view.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:41 am

Yann M'Vila: "After Euros, we'll see what happens with my future. There are many options. I like the Premier League." - http://t.co/ZvhgaHlp

Arsenal are in talks with Anderlecht's holding midfielder Lucas Biglia. Fee £8m - http://t.co/zE7bMINh
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm

How many times in the last couple of years have we been linked with Biglia? Is he even that good?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

There's no absolute chance that Real Madrid is after him, I even doubt Arsenal is after him.

He's desperate to leave, and has let his agent do the work.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Do we even need Biglia? I really dont think he has what it takes to cut in to our first team, when the injured players return he will just be another Park at Arsenal.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Seydou Doumbia reportedly seen at Spurs' training ground

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 20 Picture-1

http://harry-hotspur.com/2012/06/is-the-man-in-this-leaked-photo-our-new-striker/
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Turkish media saying that Ozyakup is going for 700,000 euros plus a 25% sell-on clause.

So if he's as good as people say he is, then he should get sold in a few years for a good price and we'll get 25% of it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 pm

If that's the case, it's a good deal. By the way hypothetically speaking if Arsenal somehow want him back when he becomes good (ala Barcelona with Cesc), how would that sell-on clause work with Arsenal? Or Arsenal can't get him directly from Besiktas?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If that's the case, it's a good deal. By the way hypothetically speaking if Arsenal somehow want him back when he becomes good (ala Barcelona with Cesc), how would that sell-on clause work with Arsenal? Or Arsenal can't get him directly from Besiktas?

depends on what type of sell-on clause it is, if there is any

it could be that If Besiktas ever want to cash him on him, Arsenal have chance to bid or, arsenal can match the highest bid if they want

or it could be That Arsenal can buy him back from X amount that they both agreed on anytime
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:06 pm

That f*ckwit in your sig pisses me off, Legend Mad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:24 pm

All the sell-on clause means is that if and when Besiktas sell Ozyakup, 25% of the fee they would receive will be paid to Arsenal. A famous example of this is David Bentley's transfer from Blackburn to Spurs, which landed us a few million pounds because Spurs decided to pay a ridiculous amount of money for him.

It doesn't give us first refusal or anything like that. If Arsenal wanted to buy him back, I don't know what would happen with the clause. In all likelihood, it would just become null and void or Besiktas would increase their asking price by 25% in order to get the money they want. Something like this doesn't often happen, though it might explain why Spurs paid so much to bring back players they sold.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:All the sell-on clause means is that if and when Besiktas sell Ozyakup, 25% of the fee they would receive will be paid to Arsenal. A famous example of this is David Bentley's transfer from Blackburn to Spurs, which landed us a few million pounds because Spurs decided to pay a ridiculous amount of money for him.

It doesn't give us first refusal or anything like that. If Arsenal wanted to buy him back, I don't know what would happen with the clause. In all likelihood, it would just become null and void or Besiktas would increase their asking price by 25% in order to get the money they want. Something like this doesn't often happen, though it might explain why Spurs paid so much to bring back players they sold.

Something gives me an impression that people have confused themselves with a sell on clause and a buy back clause Jay. Both are different guys..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Ivan Gazidis "We'll make announcements on Van Persie at the right time." - http://t.co/0PiM80PT
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:06 am

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:All the sell-on clause means is that if and when Besiktas sell Ozyakup, 25% of the fee they would receive will be paid to Arsenal. A famous example of this is David Bentley's transfer from Blackburn to Spurs, which landed us a few million pounds because Spurs decided to pay a ridiculous amount of money for him.

Something gives me an impression that people have confused themselves with a sell on clause and a buy back clause Jay. Both are different guys..

opps just realized that
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:40 am

Arsenal back in the market for Malaga forward Salomon Rondon. Fee £14.5m. Wenger wanted him last summer. - http://bit.ly/Lv2MUW
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:07 am

*furious masturbation
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal back in the market for Malaga forward Salomon Rondon. Fee £14.5m. Wenger wanted him last summer. - http://bit.ly/Lv2MUW

Please make it happen.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next