Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

+26
C.Marchisio #8
pedrosom
Tifoso Romanista
milanmaldini
leemhuis
Zealous
TonyDaBeast
Rossoneri Ninja
Gomez83
Milan31
Patrick Bateman
Tigole
the xcx
celikmilan
DRK
Il Diavolo
Potential
KR10
Cruijf
Dante
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
Milantildeath
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ganso
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 6 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by pedrosom Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:52 pm

there are strong rumours about Thiago Silva going to PSG. Isn't true, right?

pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 6 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 pm

I warned you, you mocked me...:coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Milan just slipped back into mediocrity let the dark ages begin
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:47 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:typo typo lol, i meant berlu

well, if you can raise funds by selling Pato to PSG (which i doubt will happen despite what Carlo said) then it's a good thing.

But robbing 50m for Thiago from City or Barcelona is an equally great opportunity. To me, he is replaceable, it looks bad now for you because Nesta is gone, Mexes i dont rate anymore etc... but frankly, you can replace him.

Saying we'll find a replacement for Thiago Silva is moot given that the player doesn't want to leave and his departure hasn't been anticipated in the manner of a declining legend so we haven't been grooming his replacement in the squad as has happened with Nesta. There is a vast difference between searching for replacements in the market in advance and after the fact and we expose ourselves to far too much risk.

You're trying to propose as a responsible policy the selling of our greatest assets without any reassurance of a dedicated plan to replace him. If I could trust Milan to wisely re-invest the funds then it would be more palatable, even though I find the idea of selling a player who wishes to stay distasteful. We all know such discrete management is unlikely.

Selling Silva should be a last resort. I'd rather sell half of our squad and use our Primavera if it meant retaining a loyal, world class player and future captain who wants to stay at Milan. 50 million isn't robbing City, it's a sane price in this sort of market.
dostoevsky wrote:I agree that no player is irreplaceable, however in the general sense of possibility. Our avenues with which to replace Thiago Silva are limited not simply economically however also by the vacuum of leadership within the squad that would exist, limiting our ability to groom the player to a world class level and pragmatic restrictions on our ability to scout such a suitable talent. Can we do it? Yes, we'd get by, however we've know way of knowing how far it would set us back and for what? With the size of our squad we'd be better off selling a few players rather than one star.

That we are making so many moves in midfield is precisely why we must maintain Silva in my eyes. You've stated that the significant reshuffle the squad is undergoing means that concerns for his place within the construction of our best eleven isn't important, however with a replacement arriving for Nesta to partner Silva it guarantees us the ability to maintain a higher line and to play the ball out from the back, which directly affect the confidence with which we can invest in a particular type of midfield. Not to mention the confidence that his very presence gives not only to our players but our coach.

You can't buy loyalty, class and leadership. If we sold Thiago Silva whilst a mercenary like Ibra was in our squad I'd never forgive our management and I sincerely mean that. What you're suggesting wouldn't be so radical with a better management, however if he goes we'll just screw it up anyway.

banana banana banana

Spoiler:

At the very least, there's really a very strict limit to how far we can fall in Serie A. Europe's a whole new ball game if we can't respond, but we'll deal with that if this goes through.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

LoooooL

Even though some of us are trying their best to remain upbeat about this, i can't shake this hollow feeling..

Spoiler:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:32 am

I'm still talking in if's and but's here...

BUT...IF Thiago Silva does stay or if he does leave. Not only will he be my favorite player and defender in the world right now. But he'll still also be one of my favorite players ever.

I believe Silva will always be Rossonero at heart, no matter what colors he's wearing.

Not even joking, my eyes are watering right now.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:LoooooL

Even though some of us are trying their best to remain upbeat about this, i can't shake this hollow feeling..

Spoiler:

I can't stop this feelin'
Deep inside of me.
Girl you just don't realize
What you do to me.

When you hold me in your arms so tight,
You let me know everything's alright.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm...
Hooked on a feelin',
High on believin'
That you're in love with meeeeeee.

Lips are sweet as candy,
The taste stays on my mind.
Girl, you keep me thirsty
For another cup of wine!

I got it bad for you, girl,
But I don't need a cure.
I'll just stay a addicted
and hope I can endure!

All the good love, when we're all alone.
Keep it up, girl, yeah you turn me on.

Hooked on a feelin',
High on believin'

All the good love,
When we're all alone,
Keep it up, girl,
Yeah you turn me on.

Hooked on a feelin',
I'm high on believin'

#thiagosilvalipslikesugar Sad

I agree with BMF, if he leaves, I'll still appreciate what Silva has done with us and I do believe his care for this club has been sincere. He's a rival, so there's really a limit to how well I want him to do, however he's also in another league, so in that sense I wish him all the best when he's not in competition with us.

Still with us at the moment though :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 am

A player of Silva's caliber does indeed deserve the amount of wages PGS are willing to cater him for, its just sad that we could not offer him the same without selling half the squad.

I don't know BMF , if he leaves, he's doing it for financial security, the hardest part for me to accept though is that we basically made him into the defender he is today, with the loss of Nesta he knows perfectly well that our defense is now compromised. I will never take anything at face value ever again when regarding Milan. He could have been a legend here, his name alongside Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Costacurta and co but now he'll just be another good player that came through Milan, only played 3 season's with Milan and during his time he became the one of the best players in his position and became captain of his national team. If he leaves i don't consider him a true Rossonero.

Just like how Juve fan's will always consider Zlatan a merc and guys like Del Piero , Buffon and Nedved are considered legends, because unlike Ibra they stayed through thick and thin even though they deserved better at that time.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:57 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:LoooooL

Spoiler:

I can't stop this feelin'
Deep inside of me.
Girl you just don't realize
What you do to me.

When you hold me in your arms so tight,
You let me know everything's alright.

Hooked on a feelin',
High on believin'

Lips are sweet as candy,
The taste stays on my mind.
Girl, you keep me thirsty
For another cup of wine!

I got it bad for you, girl,
But I don't need a cure.
I'll just stay a addicted
and hope I can endure!

All the good love, when we're all alone.
Keep it up, girl, yeah you turn me on.

Hooked on a feelin',
High on believin'

All the good love,
When we're all alone,
Keep it up, girl,
Yeah you turn me on.

Hooked on a feelin',
I'm high on believin'

#thiagosilvalipslikesugar Sad

I agree with BMF, if he leaves, I'll still appreciate what Silva has done with us and I do believe his care for this club has been sincere. He's a rival, so there's really a limit to how well I want him to do, however he's also in another league, so in that sense I wish him all the best when he's not in competition with us.

Still with us at the moment though :coffee:

Sad

I think i need some coldplay

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6