TPSPriceless
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Raptorgunner
Doc
Jafaar
nj
13 posters

Go down

Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg Empty Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg

Post by nj Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Magath sais he came to a conclusion that "future cooperation would be difficult and that it's better to go our separate ways" after talk with Diego.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Wolfsburg-s-Diego-told-to-look-for-new-club-1438801.php

wtf happened to this guy?
i remember when he moved to Juve for 25mil, he was highly regarded and there were talk of him achieving what Zizou did there.

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg Empty Re: Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg

Post by Jafaar Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:59 pm

He should have never went to Juve...
Jafaar
Jafaar
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg Empty Re: Diego told to find a new club by Woslfburg

Post by Doc Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Sigh, the man who everyone (and I mean everyone) thought was the real deal, the one to replace Dinho. I wish him well though. Still a Diego fanboy and hope he "recovers" from whatever he is going through. I personally hope he goes back home. Maybe he'll find his way there...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm

If he wants to get his old self back he should join EPL .
I would not mind him at Arsenal if the price is right. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Juventus can embelish or destroy a player. It just so happened he wasn't cut out for us which in itself should not be a huge problem, but his self denial in seeming to think running back to Germany would solve everthing certainly was.

Because the problem clearly wasn't just Juventus. Out of the frying pan and into the fire as they say.

He needs to re-establish himself properly at a stable club.

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:43 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Juventus can embelish or destroy a player. It just so happened he wasn't cut out for us which in itself should not be a huge problem, but his self denial in seeming to think running back to Germany would solve everthing certainly was.

Because the problem clearly wasn't just Juventus. Out of the frying pan and into the fire as they say.

For that he needs a Manager that believes in him and gives him chances.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Juventus can embelish or destroy a player. It just so happened he wasn't cut out for us which in itself should not be a huge problem, but his self denial in seeming to think running back to Germany would solve everthing certainly was.

Indeed, But he may have to take a hit to his ego and put in some graft at a smaller club.

Or he can take the easy option and go back to Brazil.
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TPSPriceless Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Is it just me or we had this discussion a week ago?
TPSPriceless
TPSPriceless
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Doc wrote:Sigh, the man who everyone (and I mean everyone) thought was the real deal, the one to replace Dinho. I wish him well though. Still a Diego fanboy and hope he "recovers" from whatever he is going through. I personally hope he goes back home. Maybe he'll find his way there...

Lmao not everyone thought he was the real deal.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:47 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:

this

Raptorgunner wrote:
and this.

but its not that simple, as wherever he goes, the team must be build around him in order to fit him...
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:53 pm

The main problem is that he is cancer in every team he goes but I still love him Sad(( .....

he needs stable club , strong manager who will sober him .....

he has quality
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

He needs a club where he's afraid of the manager. He needs Bremen.

But Bremen don't want him. He should probably move to La Liga, where players still can behave like jaded tits and get away with it. He won't last in the Bundesliga with his attitude. He played a couple real great matches for Woflsburg though, even in this shit season. Really great player, he just needs to get his head straight.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 pm

Maybe a move to Malaga?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Or RB Leipzig Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 pm

nj wrote:
but its not that simple, as wherever he goes, the team must be build around him in order to fit him...

Very good point, and this is a huge stumbling block. Whether we are talking Bundesliga, Serie A, EPL, the mid to lower level teams can very rarely afford the luxury of a player like Diego. Not necessarily in a economic sense, but tactically speaking.

The vast majority of small sides just don't go out to try and dominate the bigger sides. They go out to work hard, press and snatch a goal or two. Diego for that kind of game plan is a handicap. The problem is only furthered by him not having the consistency and even overall quality to warrant a bigger side actually building around him at this time.

We tried that ourselves and rather than the attacking lynchpin he was intended to be, he was the drain where attacks would go, never to see the light of day again.

I think for him Spain may be the awnser. Watching him throughout that (horrible) season all I could think was that, in Italy at least, he belonged deeper in CM. He more often than not struggled badly to break a Italian defensive line, with either a pass or footwork, he'd just dither in front of it...

Looking at Villareal in particular, I think their very narrow, pass orientated style could be perfect. He could slot into their squad, rather than it needing to be built around him. But I think such a move is out of his reach.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:27 pm

why is it i could see Redknapp trying to bring him to Tottenham....its such a 'Arry move
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Diego admits he will likely return to Brazil
Perhaps next week there will be news. Botafogo, no doubt, have shown interest, but there is no agreement yet.

Going back to Brazil, you get closer to the national squad. All that will be taken into consideration

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/06/24/2546435/wolfsburgs-diego-admits-he-will-likely-return-to-brazil
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Diego is my favourite CAM
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 am

He should go back to Santos imo.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down