The Messiah
Sushi Master
Geo
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Former Player: Emre Can - Page 2 Empty Re: Former Player: Emre Can

Post by rwo power Fri May 23, 2014 11:46 pm

Well, he is an average to good young DM who is flexible enough to play as LB and CM, too. I guess he still has room to develop, but I doubt he will become a super star. When I saw him at Bayern, he made one or the other mistake that was probably due to his youth, and he was sent to Bayer so that he'd have the proper stage to develop. AFAIK Bayern have a buy-back option that they can use yearly.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Just don't ever play him at LB. Only LB this season Valencia has done well against.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 24, 2014 10:21 am

He got some playing time by Jupp at the beginning of the 2012/13 season, mainly as DM if I remember right.
He was pretty present in preseason and I think he even started a couple of early cup games and league games.
Then I think he had some injury while Martinez also grew into the team, and he rarely got playing time from then.

Nothing memorable, though I had a good feeling when he played (as similarly to Höjbjerg he did seem comfortable and confident right away, being 18 or 19 then).
He did however not seem to improve much, but maybe even seemed more and more limited the more he played.
Remember he was 18 then though,

I thought the sale with the buyback option was a good idea.
He kind of established himself as a starter for Leverkusen since, fwiw.
Though I too thought his performances as left back were very questionable, against PSG for example he just wasn't up to it at all.
So was the whole of Leverkusen though, so the youngster wouldn't be the first I'd blame.

Don't think he could help Liverpool that much right away, though he definitively has the skills to become a very good midfielder.
And for depth, against some lower table teams etc, sure absolutely.

Contrary to what's been reported though, our buy back option, however exactly it works, is an issue also if he transfers out of the Bundesliga. Seemed a bit complicated.
So if you want him, you'll not only have to deal with Leverkusen who'd like to keep him I think, but also in some form with us.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2