Cotes
donttreadonred
Patrick Bateman
Dante
Onyx
65 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which club will Guardiola go to next? - Page 6 Empty Re: Which club will Guardiola go to next?

Post by Bellabong Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 am

I'm pretty sure someone at Sky screwed up. I find it highly coincidental that tz reports a meeting with Guardiola's agent and right when that news starts hitting the English language media Sky Italia reports a done deal.

I'm more inclined to believe the report on a meeting between club and agent over a "done deal" reported by media that has little connection to either party involved.

Didn't Palmeri just tweet that Sky Italia is reporting this?

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Which club will Guardiola go to next? - Page 6 Empty Re: Which club will Guardiola go to next?

Post by peerless Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 am

Arquitecto wrote:
peerIess wrote:Tancredi Palmeri said it, so it has to be true.
Unless you're being sarcastic.

Smile
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Bayern Munich have dismissed reports the club want Pep Guardiola to take over as coach for next season.The former Barcelona boss, who has admitted he wants to return to coaching after taking a year out, has been linked with the Bundesliga giants.

Bayern's current boss Jupp Heynckes is only under contract until the end of the season and has not yet indicated whether he intends to stay on.

But Bayern's media director Markus Horwick described claims the club had approached Guardiola to take over as "complete rubbish".

He told the Bild newspaper: "We are only talking only with Jupp Heynckes. Jupp Heynckes is our one and only person to talk to."

Bayern's denials could be good news for the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City, who have both been linked with Guardiola.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Why are you being so skimpy on the sauce?
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Pep can't go to Bayern, he is the only one that can save us Sad

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Rummenigge doesn't deny contact to Guardiola, but he won't make comments on speculations. But the fact that he doesn't deny anything always means that there is something going on.

"It is important that we act confidently and intelligently," Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said on the verge of Neujahresempfangs the German Football League (DFL) for the upcoming coaching question. No substantive comments from Rummenigge refused but, "I have to speculation - whether from England or Italy - never related position. So I'll keep it even today. "
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Hows Pepsis german?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Sky Italia is claiming Guardiola is close to Bayern.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Pep Guardiola has put Premier League clubs on red alert after declaring that it his ambition to manage in the Premier League.

The former Barcelona coach has spent this season on a self-imposed sabattical following four years of enormous success at the Catalan club, during which he won 14 trophies.

And despite being linked with a move to Bayern Munich, the 41-year-old Spaniard has offered hope to his Premier League suitors.

"As a player, I couldn't realise my dream to play there," Guardiola said in a message to the Football Association.

"But I hope in the future I have a challenge to be a coach or a manager there and feel the experience of all the coaches and players that have been there.

"It is unique, to play in that league. I want to feel the supporters, the environment, the media and the style of the players.

"I am still young, just 41, so I hope in the future I could train there and enjoy that. I have always found English football very fascinating. The support of the home team is amazing.

"In Italy, Latin people will support you when you are playing and when you lose, they kill you. In England, I'm always surprised people always support everything and that is nice. That's why I hope to have the challenge to train there.

"I had the opportunity to play two finals at Wembley and that's why my relationship with England is pretty close.

"I played there twice, once as a player when I was 19 and it was my first Champions League as a player, as Barcelona finally won the Champions League. It was a huge honour to play at the old Wembley.

"When I was manager of Barcelona, for our second Champions League in three years, it was a real pleasure to play in the new Wembley.

"Congratulations on this huge anniversary, because 150 years is a lot of years. 'Also because they created the rules of football and have a responsibility for the game. They have been important in the development of our beautiful, beautiful game."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea on the books.... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 pm

I obviously love Pep, but he is being naive and a bit romantic.

The PL is full of pundits and reports who dont know nothing about football and will question everything he does relentlessly. Especially the foreign guy.

If whatever team he coaches doesnt win and win well, he is going to get killed, fairly or unfairly.

In other countries, sure they kill you when you lose and even kill you if you win playing like crap.

But its not all a bed of roses in England either. So many pundits who arent even qualified to give an opinion will be talk utter crap.

I see it now

"This false 9 thing, might work in La Liga where noone defends, but he in the PL, dont work"

"Possession.. you gotta launch it into row Z"

"PL is high tempo stuff, all that passing wont get you nowhere"

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 pm

I think i have said it before but as far as i'm concerned if Pep goes to England its a lose-lose situation for me....

City, Chelsea and Yanited and he's managing clubs i despise Laughing the only realistic choice for him that i won't hate instantly on the spot is Arsenal as i kinda like them.

Otherwise i will be forced to root against him and i don't want that Sad

For this reason i kinda hope he goes to Italy or Germany so i can continue to enjoy his work and not feel like sick when i see hes in charge of a team i can't stand.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 pm

:bow: Moal I had no idea you despise the same teams I do. I won't comment on Pep as I don't like him, so my comments will be biased.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

Wenger > Pep. Arsenal don't consistently finish in the Top 4 with any other manager with next to no money to spend.

If he decides to go to England, he's probably a lock to come over here then. Maybe that's why the clubs so eager to get rid of the likes of Lampard, Cole, JT etc a the end of the season.

Shame.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 am

Arsenal is the best option. The second best possession based team in the world... Should easily tweak a few problems in the system... Would take much longer with Yanited, Chelsea and City...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 am

Well Messiah unless you support those teams, they are pretty easy to dislike Laughing

I'd say most PL fans don't like them but for different reasons.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am

Guardiola in his 4 years has established himself as my favorite coach all time, which obviously isnt that surprising given how much he has done and won.

I have no idea how im going to feel seeing him coach another club...I havent been in this position before.

We have had stop gap coaches I realistically didnt care about too much like Antic (though he is underrated and im grateful because he started the revolution before Rijkard which is what nobody talks about), Ferrera and Rexach, too young to really get attached to Robson and Cruyff, Rijkaard who had to go because he became a liability, Van Gaal is on my top 3 most hated in football ever...so Pep is the first coach who has left and I was unhappy about it.

I would wish him well in certain clubs, like Arsenal, like Milan and any lower table sides...but giants in the EPL..I dont think I would like it, how could I?

Please stay retired man Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 am

Too young to stay retired unfortunately. I see him going to City as the likeliest and best of his possible options. Mancini's cycle is clearly over, and now City need a step up in the managerial department. None of the other teams talked about could offer him the same ability to get players or the open check that would come along with the offer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Too young to stay retired unfortunately. I see him going to City as the likeliest and best of his possible options. Mancini's cycle is clearly over, and now City need a step up in the managerial department. None of the other teams talked about could offer him the same ability to get players or the open check that would come along with the offer.
I agree but the only reason I'd dislike seeing him at city is because even if he did well he'd still get hated on.

"He may have so the EPL but just like at barca, he inherited a team only this time with a bigger checkbook".

I could already see it tbh
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:40 am

I hope Mou gets his ass sacked in time so that City go with him instead. I hope they do.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:01 am

The Sanchez wrote:Arsenal is the best option. The second best possession based team in the world... Should easily tweak a few problems in the system... Would take much longer with Yanited, Chelsea and City...

Bayern are.

Shakhtar,City and 1 or 2 other possession based teams are better than Arsenal as well.

Knowing my luck Arsenal will beat Bayern now. Laughing
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 am

The Sanchez wrote:Arsenal is the best option. The second best possession based team in the world... Should easily tweak a few problems in the system... Would take much longer with Yanited, Chelsea and City...

err big no, you talking about 2 years ago. Arsenal got out possessed by Swansea two games in a row and the team possession normally hovering around 50% or less now.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:03 am

Gil wrote:Wenger > Pep. Arsenal don't consistently finish in the Top 4 with any other manager with next to no money to spend.

If he decides to go to England, he's probably a lock to come over here then. Maybe that's why the clubs so eager to get rid of the likes of Lampard, Cole, JT etc a the end of the season.

Shame.

I don't think it has anything to do with Pep, the club has been looking to go in a new direction for a while.

The Franchise wrote:I hope Mou gets his ass sacked in time so that City go with him instead. I hope they do.

City really wants Guardiola they already hired Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain in the past year, i am sure they are thinking that former colleagues will convince him to take the job.

I think he manages City next season.

Not sure where Mourinho goes after Real Madrid.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 am

Twoism wrote:

err big no, you talking about 2 years ago. Arsenal got out possessed by Swansea two games in a row and the team possession normally hovering around 50% or less now.

In other words, Wenger plays possession football... :coffee: A few twiks wouldn't harm...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

apperantly there is a meeting with his peeps with jupp just arriving

SPORT BILD
Sitzung an der Säbener Straße läuft noch. #fcb #bayern

SPORTBILD
Inzwischen wurde auch Jupp Heynckes beim Treffen an der Säbener Straße gesichtet #fcb #guardiola
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Blue wrote:
Gil wrote:Wenger > Pep. Arsenal don't consistently finish in the Top 4 with any other manager with next to no money to spend.

Shame.

I don't think it has anything to do with Pep, the club has been looking to go in a new direction for a while.

The Franchise wrote:I hope Mou gets his ass sacked in time so that City go with him instead. I hope they do.

City really wants Guardiola they already hired Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain in the past year, i am sure they are thinking that former colleagues will convince him to take the job.

I think he manages City next season.

Not sure where Mourinho goes after Real Madrid.

True, im just being hopeful. I dont want him at City.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next