+5
Zero
vizkosity
II Capitano
RED
jibers
9 posters

Go down

Your dream United lineup next season? Empty Your dream United lineup next season?

Post by jibers Thu May 31, 2012 9:56 am

...........................De Gea.............................
Rafael..............Evans...........Vidic.............Baines........

..............Tiote...................Cleverley................
Valencia.............................................Nani............
..........Welbeck......................Rooney....................
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Your dream United lineup next season? Empty Re: Your dream United lineup next season?

Post by RED Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

-----------------De Gea-----------------
Rafael----Smalling---Vidic------Evra (hopefully he'll regain his form)
--------------Martinez---Modric---------------
-------------------Kagawa---------------------
Valencia----------Rooney---------Nani

That is one heck of a team. Will dominate the EPL and the CL.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Your dream United lineup next season? Empty Re: Your dream United lineup next season?

Post by jibers Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 am

RED 80s. wrote:-----------------De Gea-----------------

Regain his form? Are you drunk? since 2009 Evra has been, excuse my language, horse shite... the time for regaining form passed when he let in the first goal to the 2011 cl final. He is awful? Modric? Ovverated and has done nothing. Kagawa can find his way to Japan...Evans has been better than Smalling, who was ball watching for Kompany's goal.

Martinez is ovverated as well ffs. Again, he's done sod all.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:08 am

I agree with the Evra part, he has declined badly, but he is still better than Baines and offers more going up front than Baines does. Baines is more solid defensively and has better crossing, but can't beat his man like Evra can. I prefer someone else than Baines tbh. There is talk of us being in for Alba as his replacement, who's allegedly really good. I don't really watch Valencia that much, so I don't personally if he is top class or not.

Smalling overall is a better defender than Evans imo. We all saw in the 2010/11 just how great he was along side Vidic. You cannot pinpoint that mistake he made v City, that was his first game back in about 3 months. Evans, for all his good form, is still prone to the odd bad game- V everton in that 4-4 draw at OT.

Mdric is not overrated and he is exactly what we need. A deep lying CM, good vision and can score goals. But hey, that's your opinion if you think he's overrated. You also say he has done nothing. Putting in top class performances week in and out in the prem is nothing now? Cmon. He will take his game to the next level with United imo.

Martinez...hasn't done "sod all", but he was great v us, has starred in a Bilbao team that reached the EL and Copa Del Ray finals. Is young and great defensively. Versatile too. He will be a great addition, and the fact that both us and Barca are in for him lets you know how highly rated he is.

As for Kagawa....cmon dude. Why are you being this ignorant towards a potentially great player who has just won the Bundesliga player of the year. A player that is a 2 time Bundesliga champion. He deserves some respect. Just check out this video..

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:19 am

RED 80s. wrote:I agree with the Evra part, he has declined badly, but he is still better than Baines and offers more going up front than Baines does. Baines is more solid defensively and has better crossing, but can't beat his man like Evra can. I prefer someone else than Baines tbh. There is talk of us being in for Alba as his replacement, who's allegedly really good. I don't really watch Valencia that much, so I don't personally if he is top class or not.

Smalling overall is a better defender than Evans imo. We all saw in the 2010/11 just how great he was along side Vidic. You cannot pinpoint that mistake he made v City, that was his first game back in about 3 months. Evans, for all his good form, is still prone to the odd bad game- V everton in that 4-4 draw at OT.

Mdric is not overrated and he is exactly what we need. A deep lying CM, good vision and can score goals. But hey, that's your opinion if you think he's overrated. You also say he has done nothing. Putting in top class performances week in and out in the prem is nothing now? Cmon. He will take his game to the next level with United imo.

Martinez...hasn't done "sod all", but he was great v us, has starred in a Bilbao team that reached the EL and Copa Del Ray finals. Is young and great defensively. Versatile too. He will be a great addition, and the fact that both us and Barca are in for him lets you know how highly rated he is.

As for Kagawa....cmon dude. Why are you being this ignorant towards a potentially great player who has just won the Bundesliga player of the year. A player that is a 2 time Bundesliga champion. He deserves some respect. Just check out this video..

Only Smalling I agree with. We have Cleverley and we don't need to waste our limited finances on Modric. Cleverley demolished him when we beat them 3-0. Kagawa? He will play holding MF like Carrick and Anderson...Rooney is not a cf, not clinical enough with the amount of feeding he gets. Martinez played against Jones-Giggs cm, even Heskey can dictate against that farce of a cm. Jones is brain dead ffs. The most complete player in United, shite in every position.

Modric good week in? The same Modric that Cabaye and Tiote ran amok when Newcastle dominated those clowns? Tiote is what we need. Slightlky inconcistent but he is exactly what we need. He is not some typical thug like lass. We cant afford to keep playing 4-0-4.

As for Evra, he is a LB, we didnt ask for a 3rd striker ffs. He is abysmal defensively and most of the goals we concede come from his flank. Baines is better defensively which is what we need. From going 15+ games without conceding to conceding 4 goals...FML.... United we fail...

EVra has to go!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:23 am

I respect your opinions, Jibers. But..some points I need address:

1) I still feel we shouldn't burden too much of our midfield responsibilty on Cleverley's shoulders. For all the talent and potential he has, I still feel he is not ready and that we should go with someone more established. Someone like Modric. Modric is great, but obviously you don't rate him. He is good at bringing the ball out from deep in the MF, drive it forward, pick out a pass and contribute to the attack. He is just like Scholes (obviously not as good) and is exactly what we need.

2) Kagawa can play as an AMF or a SS. He will be useful for when we play in Eurpe and against the tough teams. With us atm, once you stp our wingers, we are completely devoid of any attacking threat. Kagawa will give us another dmension to our attacking play. He is great with both feet, has pace,is selfless, is a great dribbler and has improved his goal scoring. Someone like Hernandez, who loves playing on the shoulders of ppo defenders will benefit with playing with someone as creative as Kagawa.

3) Rooney can play CF. Remember the 09/10 season? He was a monster in front of goal and even expanded his game. Scoring headers left, right and centre. He had his best season playing as a lone forward. So, that for me, is not even an issue.

4) again, I feel you are seriously underrating Martinez. Yeah he bossed a shet United MF...but it still doesn't detract from the fact he was involved in a team that reached 2 finals. Again, I'm only eluding to the fact you said he hasn't done "sod all".

I agree with the Evra point. He's a lazy mofo'. everyone on this board knows my feelings towards Evra. I want him to get replaced, despite me including him in the formation in the previous post, but it has to be for someone really good.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Some great posts in this thread.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:47 am

i got a feeling that evra is still world class to many people's eyes, thus some good revenue if we sell him. Time for another african workhorse on LB Smile
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:18 am

In fairness, Rooney was able to handle the lone striker role pre-WC (before that injury against Bayern). Reverting to that with the arrival of Kagawa in a sort of either a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 would have us playing sexy football again.

I also agree about the comments regarding Evra. Seems he has been the weak link in the defense this season so getting a LB should be a priority for SAF in the transfer market. For two years now we have been linked with Leighton Baines so I think with our need we can see him arriving in this window.

Regarding Modric, I think his price tag and the stubbornness of Levy the clown would greatly hamper our pursuit of him.

In the end, if we could just get the players that we need without some other plastic club blowing us out again in terms of financial power, I will be happy. Anything not like Uncle Wenger's transfer buys would be a relief. Very Happy

Last edited by meteormaker on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:13 am

RED 80s. wrote:I respect your opinions, Jibers. But..some points I need address:

1) I still feel we shouldn't burden too much of our midfield responsibilty on Cleverley's shoulders. For all the talent and potential he has, I still feel he is not ready and that we should go with someone more established. Someone like Modric. Modric is great, but obviously you don't rate him. He is good at bringing the ball out from deep in the MF, drive it forward, pick out a pass and contribute to the attack. He is just like Scholes (obviously not as good) and is exactly what we need.

We need to push him to be ready. If we get Modric, and with Scholes already there he would barely get a sniff. Again our limited finances mean we can't go around buying players we don't need pre Glazers. Cleverley showed his class against Tottenham and Arsenal. He drives the ball forward and is easily the best on the ball in our team. I can count how many times he got dispossessed last season.

2) Kagawa can play as an AMF or a SS. He will be useful for when we play in Eurpe and against the tough teams. With us atm, once you stp our wingers, we are completely devoid of any attacking threat. Kagawa will give us another dmension to our attacking play. He is great with both feet, has pace,is selfless, is a great dribbler and has improved his goal scoring. Someone like Hernandez, who loves playing on the shoulders of ppo defenders will benefit with playing with someone as creative as Kagawa.

The way we want to play Hernandez shgould be used as an impact sub. No build up ability, first touch of a rapist, shocking technique, the pass of Heskey, I could carry on. This is modern football. We saw what playrs like Gomez do when they don't score, sod all.

3) Rooney can play CF. Remember the 09/10 season? He was a monster in front of goal and even expanded his game. Scoring headers left, right and centre. He had his best season playing as a lone forward. So, that for me, is not even an issue.

Again, That was a 1 off. Are we going to rely on a guy that has been inconsistent for all his career bar one season as our main CF? Not a wise strategy if you ask me. Kagawa will play holding CM, you watch. Your dream United lineup next season? 37329810

This season he was pretty poor bar the goals. Most games he looked like he wasn't interested.

4) again, I feel you are seriously underrating Martinez. Yeah he bossed a shet United MF...but it still doesn't detract from the fact he was involved in a team that reached 2 finals. Again, I'm only eluding to the fact you said he hasn't done "sod all".

I agree with the Evra point. He's a lazy mofo'. everyone on this board knows my feelings towards Evra. I want him to get replaced, despite me including him in the formation in the previous post, but it has to be for someone really good.

There are no good quality LBs, Baines will do tbh. Martinez hasn't found his solid positin, till he does he is just an expirement as far as I'm concerned.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Martinez played against Cleverley too Laughing a full 90 minutes and Ander showed him whos the bose..

What has cleverley done to warrant the hype?

5 games where most PL team including tottenham barely found form during season start . Anderson looked like GOAT as well during that time lol..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:13 am

Adit wrote:Martinez played against Cleverley too Laughing a full 90 minutes and Ander showed him whos the bose..

What has cleverley done to warrant the hype?

5 games where most PL team including tottenham barely found form during season start . Anderson looked like GOAT as well during that time lol..
Clev played from injury ffs you spud. Congrats again adit. 100% fail rate in the united section. Stick to the Madrid sec ffs. Brb, you even from Spain?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_manchester Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:00 am

If Manchester are to suceed next season, Shinji Kagawa is a must.

dr_manchester
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by leao Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Pretty much this except I'd replace Evra with Baines and if we cant get Modric I'd like to see Strootman in that position.

Other than that I really hope SAF does all he can to get Powell aswell as Henriquez. Those two hare going to be something really, really special.
leao
leao
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:06 am

Pretty much agree with most except Evra ( everyone knows why) and Nani (bags of skills, no brain). With two of them in there, we won't even win the BPL imo. I would play Welbeck in the LW position and use his wonderful movement to cut inside and finish chances.

Also, it's almost impossible for us to have Modric and Carrick. I wouldn't mind Carrick keeping his place though. Modric, Cleverley and Kagawa in the midfield playing against lesser teams sounds amazing too.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 am

lol, nani does have brain sometimes, but he's too busy thinking about how to trip the opponent and dribble past the fullback :I
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Well, either if you're smart or you're not. Footballing wise, he's not. I can't comment on his overall intelligence as a person though. He may excel in other departments, who knows. Welbeck is a smart player, that's what I like about him.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down