+5
Milan31
DRK
TonyDaBeast
Ganso
Forza
9 posters

Go down

Who is your preferred LB for the 2012-13 season?

My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap48%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 10 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap5%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap10%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap19%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap14%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap0%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_lcap4%My Left-Back is Better than Yours Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 21

My Left-Back is Better than Yours Empty My Left-Back is Better than Yours

Post by Forza Thu May 31, 2012 4:48 pm

My Left-Back is Better than Yours Didacv10 OR
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Mattia11 OR My Left-Back is Better than Yours Acmila10 OR My Left-Back is Better than Yours Urbyem10 OR
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Djamel10 OR My Left-Back is Better than Yours Daniel10 OR
My Left-Back is Better than Yours Mhyptc10

Just some images to get this this thread going. Vote in the poll and justify your decision. I will add some my own info and analysis to this tomorrow.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

My Left-Back is Better than Yours Empty Re: My Left-Back is Better than Yours

Post by Ganso Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 pm

We should test Vila,he was one of the best LBs in La Liga
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

Vila starter for me, with emanuelson backup (im sure he will get good training from tassoti. he has 3-4 months.

move antonini backup to Abate. thats his natural position n e ways Razz
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu May 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Didac for sure
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu May 31, 2012 5:33 pm

I say give Didac a chance. He did good with Espanyol and he deserves a shot here in Milan.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Voted for Emanuelson My Left-Back is Better than Yours Trolld11

Ok . It's not a hipster choice , i believe in Emanuelson and i have already said why i would like him a bit more than Vila or the rest available/linked so far. Mesbah there deceived me by the way. Not funny mate.

anyway. Urby for me.

(1) First of all , that he will finaly have a position that he can call his own , will make him feel important in the team and he can only get better from now on , something we can all be happy about , i guess.

(2)He will take the responsibility of the offensive work that one from the 2 fullbacks must have , from Abate , and since Abate didn't exactly excell at that and Urby isn't the best defensively but he has shown he has what it takes to become a threat from the left as LB , it seems only logical that this will work.

(3)In addition ,this will have a really positive impact on Abate as well , because he will ease the burden from him and he will defend more and i guess better , being less tired after he won't be so offensive next season. He will get even better at his defensive duties.

(4)Emanuelson has many characteristics the modern left back must have. He's fast , he's quite swift and agile with the ball , he has the lungs and the work rate to play the position and he's a player who can combine very well with teammates , especially in the left flank . Personaly , i can see many of our attacks coming from the left next season.

(5)He has played the position before . I know he hasn't been the next big thing there , but this doesn't change the subject. He knows the position and with 2 months of summer preparation , i can see him starting the 1st match of the season like he has been playing LB since his first day with us. He won't need more transition time than this , so this will save us from many akward moments in next season.

(6) With Urby , Abate and Silva in the backline , we can cover the lack of speed Mexes brings into the backline. In fact , no other team in Italy and very few other teams in the world will have such speed in defence , which is something at least exciting.

(7)The skill of anticipation at the back , becomes more and more sound and increasingly frequent , when you are quick , i can assure you of that. Emanuelson is quick and i am confident he will make all the rest LBs we have , look like primavera players when it comes to that next season .

These are some reasons that i believe this is a great move by Allegri. The worries you all have about Urby being our n1.LB won't be eased by this post , we all know he's isn't the best tacticaly speaking and he's quite average when it comes to defending sometimes, but the tactical and the defensive aspect of a player can improve very much , when under a team like Milan and in a league like Serie A.

I know many doesn't quite believe in Emanuelson , but i always have and i think he will demonstrate his best self next season as a LB .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:19 am

I voted for Didac. Here's why...

1) Unlike Antonini, Emanuelson and Bonera, LB is Didac's natural position. There is a definite advantage to playing in the position that you have been specially trained for. Didac played LB all season. Antonini prefers RB, Urby is an attacking winger and Bonera is a CB. Antonini, for example, always looks to cut inside when trying to take on a player - that's his natural instinct from training as a RB. There's no experimentation required with Didac, he already knows how to play the LB position properly.

2) Didac is coming off a fantastic season with Espanyol. He scored 3 goals this season (which is 3 more than Abate in his time at Milan) and made a couple of assists. Good figures in a team that finished 14th in the league. Not to mention that his defensive play has also been quite good.

3) He's young. He has time to improve and become a fantastic player. The potential is there, but we need to give him a chance to become world-class. Bonera, Antonini and Mesbah all don't have youth on their side. Didac is a long-term solution, not another post-Maldini band-aid.

4) He's fast and agile. This is vital for any wing-back these days. Bonera and Antonini struggle with quick players and managers know how to exploit that.

5) He has both offensive and defensive capabilities. Bonera and Antonini are offensively inept, whereas Urby and Mesbah are defensively suspect.

6) Experience. For a young player, the following stat is pretty fantastic: he actually played the most game-time out of every outfield player in La Liga this season. This is a big advantage over De Sciglio. Another good thing about this is that he's clearly not injury-prone. Furthermore, he will be a future national team player for Spain. He's already won the U21 Euros with them.

7) Not using him would be the epitome of waste. He is young, talented and cannot play any other position. This is where he should be. Galliani didn't pay 4 milliion Euros to bench this guy or send him on loan and I hope Allegri realises that.

~~~

Dante, you make a good case for Emanuelson at LB, but what advantages would Urby give us over Didac? or De Sciglio for that matter? De Sciglio would be my 2nd choice. Urby would be 3rd.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:55 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I voted for Didac. Here's why...

1) Unlike Antonini, Emanuelson and Bonera, LB is Didac's natural position. There is a definite advantage to playing in the position that you have been specially trained for. Didac played LB all season. Antonini prefers RB, Urby is an attacking winger and Bonera is a CB. Antonini, for example, always looks to cut inside when trying to take on a player - that's his natural instinct from training as a RB. There's no experimentation required with Didac, he already knows how to play the LB position properly.

2) Didac is coming off a fantastic season with Espanyol. He scored 3 goals this season (which is 3 more than Abate in his time at Milan) and made a couple of assists. Good figures in a team that finished 14th in the league. Not to mention that his defensive play has also been quite good.

3) He's young. He has time to improve and become a fantastic player. The potential is there, but we need to give him a chance to become world-class. Bonera, Antonini and Mesbah all don't have youth on their side. Didac is a long-term solution, not another post-Maldini band-aid.

4) He's fast and agile. This is vital for any wing-back these days. Bonera and Antonini struggle with quick players and managers know how to exploit that.

5) He has both offensive and defensive capabilities. Bonera and Antonini are offensively inept, whereas Urby and Mesbah are defensively suspect.

6) Experience. For a young player, the following stat is pretty fantastic: he actually played the most game-time out of every outfield player in La Liga this season. This is a big advantage over De Sciglio. Another good thing about this is that he's clearly not injury-prone. Furthermore, he will be a future national team player for Spain. He's already won the U21 Euros with them.

7) Not using him would be the epitome of waste. He is young, talented and cannot play any other position. This is where he should be. Galliani didn't pay 4 milliion Euros to bench this guy or send him on loan and I hope Allegri realises that.

~~~

Dante, you make a good case for Emanuelson at LB, but what advantages would Urby give us over Didac? or De Sciglio for that matter? De Sciglio would be my 2nd choice. Urby would be 3rd.
could not agree with you more!
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:15 am

Didac

Nuff sed
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Mehsbah got voted :I'mveryunoriginal:

which Inter/Juve fan is behind of it hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote: what advantages would Urby give us over Didac? or De Sciglio for that matter?

( 1 )Well , first thing that comes to mind , Emanuelson is more complete as a player than Didac / De Sciglio .
( 2 )And much more seasoned in the CL .

( 3 )I would like to say he's a lot better with the ball at his feet as well , but i haven't seen much of Vila lately , so i won't say much.. But , i highly doubt Didac will be better than Urby technicaly with the ball at his feet and everything it goes with.

( 4 )Emanuelson knows what Milan-Serie A is all about already , our ways & style and he's been bonded within the team , something Didac will need time to earn as well .
Now , imagine Allegri giving him the responsibility of a starting position right away and combine it with what i said above . Might prove a big burden for a 21 old player to a completely new enviroment , both on and off the pitch.

( 5 ) Emanuelson has a mean left foot and can create some really dangerous crosses sometimes from the left flank . However , i can't say if Vila is as good as Urby at crosses , mainly because he used to spend more time between defence-midfield . Of course , that doesn't say much , but i'll leave this one to you , i guess you must have seen more of him so far.

Overall , i think Emanuelson's experience at Ajax and mostly Milan gives him the advantage and i believe he would offer much more to our attacking third than Vila will on our defensive third .

Vila/De Sciglio might be a better defender and more athletic , which i approve big time , but there must be a balance within the 11 and since Abate isn't the best offensively , one of our fullbacks must be a threat at all times , otherwise more static build up plays will keep occuring next season.

I preffer Urby , at least for Allegri to start the season with him , then we see . If Vila / De Sciglio prove better or Urby can't afterall , i am more than fine for them to take the position. I just believe it would prove safer and more realistic to trust Emanuelson first .

Vila and De Sciglio might be talented , but they are risks none can't deny that and now there's no Nesta or Zambrotta to cover things up with experience like they did with Silva to get ready . Doors might be way more open now , but it will be tougher for any new defender to establish himself. Which means everyone who will , will deserve it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:24 am

Solid reply, good points there. I still prioritise Didac over Emanuelson for the reasons I stated before, but you're right - it's up for grabs now and whoever gets the spot will deserve it. Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:01 am

For much the same reasons as Forza I would prefer Didac to be given an opportunity as our left back, with Antonini remaining his first choice back-up. De Sciglio should be undergoing intensive training with the first team to improve his positional sense and perhaps if he does still play with our Primavera he could be deployed on the left to develop his non-preferred foot, however I see him more as Abate's back-up for the moment.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Voted for new signing but realisticly I think we should save our money and use Didac with De Sciglio/Antonini as a backup.

I really think De Sciglio has potential and the more playing time he gets as Didac's understudy the better.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down