+4
Kick
Katy Perry
Shed
Blue Barrett
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Empty Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Just like Paul McShane’s ticket to the European championships gives hope to every flailing footballer on the planet, Andy Townsend’s ability to find and maintain employment on national television is nothing short of inspirational.
I hadn’t really considered a career as a pundit but listening to ITV’s analysis on the England-Belgium game, I think I have a lot to offer. Not least because everything Townsend said, was completely off the mark.
First up, his bemusement at Eden Hazard’s apparently underwhelming performance was growing more frustrating with every incisive pass the new Chelsea signing was making. Townsend said that Hazard was on the periphery of the game, despite being the key figure in a team which once again dominated England.

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Eng3

Hazard was a ball magnet (which I’m sure he won’t like to be labelled) and produced a controlling performance which suggested Chelsea have just acquired another maestro to sit alongside Juan Mata. Such was the Belgian superiority, possession-wise, that only six of Hazard’s completed 53 passes were made outside of the opponents’ final third. Belgium pressed and pressed and pressed and Hazard was central to this.
To boast, he completed all of his four dribbles and, of all three corners Hazard delivered, he found a team mate with the cross. But hey, we don’t have to think back that far to recall Townsend commenting that Sergio Busquets “generally isn’t the best in possession” (I can’t let that go, nor should I).
When Lukaku was introduced, the two Chelsea players combined three times, creating two very opportune chances for each other. I think Hazard has taken an immediate stance as the role of villain (including in my own eyes) but I don’t agree that should compromise his judgement as a football player.
Now, man of the match. Where do I start? The thing is, I’m a massive fan of Steven Gerrard despite my all-too-vocal dislike for his club. It was therefore a travesty to see him tied up and chained as one of England’s two defensive midfielders who spent the majority of the evening on the edge of their own box.
Gerrard, fair enough, made nine interceptions for his side which was what that role dictates first and foremost. But, my oh my, how he was wasted playing so deep as the eventual outstanding player of the game (in Townsend’s mind at least) went on to take possession just 23 times in 84 minutes.

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Eng2

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Eng1

The England captain was penned in his own half and every one of his first half passes were played from here. It wasn’t until his 49th minute header went forward to Chamerlain did Stevie G complete a forward pass in this game (his tackle which trickled to Ashley Young was not a pass).
One of the country’s usually most influential players made made just 15 passes throughout the whole game, 11 of which were played to a member of the team’s back four. Defensive midfield is not Gerrard’s position and his buck-passing performance went a long way to emphasising that.
For me, it was another one of those worrying performances where teams from this part of the world are technically outclassed and granted a rude awakening and, with the current set-up, heading into the tournament, Hodgson will be thankful that he doesn’t pride his management on keeping the ball.
This is where the movement of Wellbeck is crucial and why he should start because, seeing scarce possession, England always need to have that ‘out’ and, if they don’t, it is difficult to see where they will threaten from.

Link
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Empty Re: Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:21 am

telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9308366/Euro-2012-Chelsea-new-boy-Eden-Hazard-shows-he-is-real-deal-but-England-hold-firm-against-Belgium-playmaker.html

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2153884/Eden-Hazard-watch-Is-Chelsea-bound-midfielder-worth-32m.html

Not sure if you've read these already, but they're pretty good as well.
Honestly, I'm surprised at the media's reaction to his performance. I was expecting the usual vultures to be out in full force ready to completely trash him and us for paying so much for him, but it's actually just the opposite. Well, apart from that manUre fan at the Mirror with that trash he calls journalism.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis Empty Re: Eden Hazard: England-Belgium Match Analysis

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:34 am

Wow! Surprised at DailyFail! Shocked
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:35 am

Barrettinator wrote:Wow! Surprised at DailyFail! Shocked

Yea, that one shocked me as well.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 am

Oh and here you go:

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:50 am

Their lack of a target man was probably the biggest issue. You can't be at the end of your own through-balls and crosses after all.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am

He had a similar game to the one he had against Inter in the group stages, good performance but he left me with the feeling he could have done better both times. And where is he going to play, perhaps n the wings? And do you think he can coexist with Mata?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:28 am

jay07 wrote:He had a similar game to the one he had against Inter in the group stages, good performance but he left me with the feeling he could have done better both times. And where is he going to play, perhaps n the wings? And do you think he can coexist with Mata?
Yes on the wings, and ANYBODY can coexist with Mata. Cool
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:58 am

I personally done care how he played, at club level in his position he is fantastic, judge his Lille form and most likely, his USA tour form before you slam him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:45 am

Kick wrote:I personally done care how he played, at club level in his position he is fantastic, judge his Lille form and most likely, his USA tour form before you slam him.

Even the US tour will be pretty early to judge him. He's gonna need time to gel with the rest of the group and vice versa. Although, he probably shouldn't have too much trouble taking on the defense of the likes of the mighty Seattle Sounders and such....
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:49 am

I like the fact that he has a high work rate. Thank f**k he's not some lazy git.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:49 am

I personally won't pass judgement on him till next year, unless he is awesome, then I will let everyone know.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:51 am

Barrettinator wrote:I like the fact that he has a high work rate. Thank f**k he's not some lazy git.

Absolutely
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:57 am

Strictly in terms of the short term, (as in, the very start of the season onwards), I have higher expectations for Hulk than I do for Hazard. Hulk's massive frame and strength and power are just dying to take on the PL. With Hazard, I just have a feeling it's gonna take a little while for him to adapt and adjust.

Hope I'm wrong though Very Happy
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:03 am

I thought the same about Mata. If Hulk Hazard both get good Debut's I think they will both have great seasons.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:11 am

Alot of people on WAGNH thought he left something to be desired but it's due to him setting the bar so high for himself.

I watched the whole game and thought he was quality. His passing was pinpoint and it wasn't just basic passes, he was playing nice through balls, good linkup play and making smart runs. The only thing that he didn't really exhibit alot was a huge amount of flair but i'm sure we'll see that later on and I can't wait for it Very Happy

His set pieces were good and his 1-2s/flicks looked good.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:13 am

He played well; I'm just glad he's intact.

Is my burfday cheers
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:14 am

Mata doesn't do too many tricks yet he is known for them.

I think playing smart and only using tricks when it's right is better than all the time.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:17 am

BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue wrote:He played well; I'm just glad he's intact.

Is my burfday cheers
Ah well look hoos hia!

Happy birthday, mate! cheers
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:18 am

Kick wrote:Mata doesn't do too many tricks yet he is known for them.

I think playing smart and only using tricks when it's right is better than all the time.

Yeah, that said all 3 of the new players(assuming Marin, Hulk and Hazard) are all great dribblers. I guess because I love it myself I love watching a good dribbler take on a defender.

The video Barret posted has a nice little trick at 2:46, nothing amazing but enough to get away from his man and make some space.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:28 am

Is my burfday cheers

Well well well, speak of the devil! Hahaha

We were just talking about you not too long ago on the Birthday Thread haha. Happy Birthday bro Very Happy
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:32 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Is my burfday cheers

We were just talking about you not too long ago on the Birthday Thread haha. Happy Birthday bro Very Happy

Thanks bro! Apparently Hazard is going to be presented today -- Life complete? Laughing
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:33 am

BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Is my burfday cheers

Thanks bro! Apparently Hazard is going to be presented today -- Life complete? Laughing

Yea, hell of a present, huh? eco smile
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:36 am

Mine was Better :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:37 am

Kick wrote:Mine was Better :coffee:
:bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum