Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca?

+17
CBarca
Khaled
harhar11
Harmonica
dr_manchester
eelir
The Franchise
Kick
BarcaKizz
DuringTheWar
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
Albiceleste
kiranr
Sushi Master
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca? Empty Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 am

I think we're stacked with midfielders right now, and I certainly don't think we should reinforce this position. Just as an exercise though, can you think of any midfielders with a great long shot you would like to see at the team? This is a skill that would come in very handy when teams park the bus against us.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca? Empty Re: Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca?

Post by jibers Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 am

Dude check your inbox.

Hulk maybe?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca? Empty Re: Is there any midfielder with a great long-shot that could play for Barca?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 am

Schweinsteiger? Not realistic, though.

Vidal would have been sexy, IMO.

Apart from that, long range shooting is something that's a rare skill nowadays. I really can't think of any standout guy with enough technical skills to be able to play for Barca.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:15 am

Doesn't need to a guaranteed starter, he could be a role player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:28 am

Why does it have to be a midfielder BC?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:30 am

Nerman.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 am

Alonso, Gerard, Swieny are all good distant shooters though they most likely won't come...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 am

kiranr wrote:
Why does it have to be a midfielder BC?
For the sake of argument Razz

It could be a defender as well, just not a forward.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:14 am

Restricting the search to someone with enough technique to survive in the team for argument's sake, perhaps Freddy Guarin of Inter?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:32 am

Paul scholes ofc

or ganso maybe
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 am

We have Afellay... If we want someone from midfield to do it, I'd just keep him and give him a go in the Iniesta role every now and again when we need that.

Otherwise, myself and Dani have always been big supporters of the possibility of signing Hulk. I guess Barca don't feel he fits our philosophy enough, because he's on the market and we haven't even bothered.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 am

Raul Meireles has a killer shot, an awesome haircut, sweet tat's and is going cheap this summer. Once in a lifetime offer and he would walk into your Midfield, 10m take it or leave it :coffee:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 am

Kick wrote:Raul Meireles has a killer shot, an awesome haircut, sweet tat's and is going cheap this summer. Once in a lifetime offer and he would walk into your Midfield, 10m take it or leave it :coffee:

plenty of words come to mind, but that isnt one of them....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 am

Why has noone named Kroos? He surely is the best at that particiular skill.

Hulk isnt a midfielder, so I aint including him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Kick wrote:Raul Meireles has a killer shot, an awesome haircut, sweet tat's and is going cheap this summer. Once in a lifetime offer and he would walk into your Midfield, 10m take it or leave it :coffee:

plenty of words come to mind, but that isnt one of them....

would you prefer, Trendy, hipster, Vomit-worthy, brilliant or fantastic?

Kroos is a good call, although I don't see him working well with Messi.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:25 am

As far as i know Ibi has a good shot. Masche has powerful shot as well, but not precise enough maybe. I would not go outside the squad even hypothetically, as our midfield is packed. I would go with Ibi for this tactics, maybe even try to improve his shots on training.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am

I can't believe I forgot him, however there's also Boateng who has a better shot than anyone yet mentioned, however he wouldn't be capable of operating in midfield for you.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:34 am

Ibid has a good long shot in him though he needs to shoot them in a more appropriate position than what he does in a game
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dr_manchester Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:44 am

Yes, I agree, Ibid has a good shot, and I think he would be able to step up while playing for Barca.

dr_manchester
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:09 am

Mascherano has probably the hardest shot in Barca, could play in midfield also.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Doesnt dos santos have a good shot on him, atleast he had when he played the preseasons..

dont know if the links will work as im posting on a ipad..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

jiopsi wrote:Mascherano has probably the hardest shot in Barca, could play in midfield also.

Yes, they should get Masche to do shooting practice during training. He does not have much accuracy. If he can develop that he can be lethal from long-range.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:11 pm

The thing is... We don't want Masch to play in midfield. Especially when we need a goal, its a dumb idea to put our CB into an attacking midfield position and tell him to start firing shots... it doesn't work like that.

The crux of the matter is, the player has to be good enough to play in the Barca midfield anyway. I think Thiago, Cesc and Afellay should just hone their shots better.

Yes, JDS has a decent shot, but whether he will stay, we still don't know.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Well Kizz, when teams are parking the bus, and Barcelona are occupying the whole of the oppositions half, i dont think Masche would need to be shifted to an attacking purpose.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:04 pm

JDS
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next