'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand

4 posters

Go down

'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand Empty 'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:49 pm

'You would have a table for Manchester United players, another for the Liverpool lads and one for Alan Shearer and his mob.
'I didn't know where to sit for fear I would upset one group or another and be marked down as in a particular gang. It all sounds strange now but that's how it was in those days.
'In the squad today you have plenty of Manchester United and Liverpool players but many have had a different upbringing.
'Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing have moved to Anfield, yet are north easterners. And, of course, Danny Welbeck knows Henderson from the time he was on loan at Sunderland.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/euro2012/article-2163569/Euro-2012-Rio-Ferdinand-excited-England-team-spirit.html

Seems Roy has United erm, lol..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand Empty Re: 'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand

Post by eroticfishcake Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Of course there is "team spirit". England is managed by Roy Hodgson who is a great motivator, and a fantastic man manager. Not to mention that there are 6 Liverpool players who are not talented but have that spirit, now I will wait for comments like "but Liverpool finished 8th in the English Premier League". It doesn't matter if Liverpool finished 8th, they won the Capital Cup.

It's not necessary to have talent to win a tournament. I mean look at Spain, they're barely talented but have great team-spirit and won Euro 2008 AND World Cup 2010. What is a must to win a tournament like Euro 2012 is: team spirit, determination and luck. England don't have the latter so they wont win it.
eroticfishcake
eroticfishcake
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand Empty Re: 'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Mate that Spanish team of 2008 WAS MASSIVELY TALENTED, but their mentality was a letdown

but the rest I agree with you
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:36 pm

eroticfishcake wrote:Of course there is "team spirit". England is managed by Roy Hodgson who is a great motivator, and a fantastic man manager. Not to mention that there are 6 Liverpool players who are not talented but have that spirit, now I will wait for comments like "but Liverpool finished 8th in the English Premier League". It doesn't matter if Liverpool finished 8th, they won the Capital Cup.

It's not necessary to have talent to win a tournament. I mean look at Spain,they're barely talented but have great team-spirit and won Euro 2008 AND World Cup 2010. What is a must to win a tournament like Euro 2012 is: team spirit, determination and luck. England don't have the latter so they wont win it.
'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand Tumblr10

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:37 pm

vasanthPato wrote:
eroticfishcake wrote:Of course there is "team spirit". England is managed by Roy Hodgson who is a great motivator, and a fantastic man manager. Not to mention that there are 6 Liverpool players who are not talented but have that spirit, now I will wait for comments like "but Liverpool finished 8th in the English Premier League". It doesn't matter if Liverpool finished 8th, they won the Capital Cup.

It's not necessary to have talent to win a tournament. I mean look at Spain,they're barely talented but have great team-spirit and won Euro 2008 AND World Cup 2010. What is a must to win a tournament like Euro 2012 is: team spirit, determination and luck. England don't have the latter so they wont win it.
'When I first started with England, players would sit in distinct groups ' - Ferdinand Tumblr10

I don't think you got him, he was talking about the 2008 team, and their team spirit (I HOPE)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:42 pm

aleumdance wrote:
vasanthPato wrote:

I don't think you got him, he was talking about the 2008 team, and their team spirit (I HOPE)
The core of the team was the same for both euros and the world cup. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm

yeah but you can't deny the Confidence and swag changed Massively..they were a bit more relaxed at the world cup
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:48 pm

sooo the entire point is that when a lot of players from the same club got called up they tended to stick together? shocking...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Roy is getting the praise for Capellos work, how sad
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum