Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy

5 posters

Go down

Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy Empty Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Mino Raiola, who represents players such as Mario Balotelli and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has advised Robin van Persie not to leave Arsenal for a move to Serie A, which he feels is "third-rate" and in decline.

The Gunners are determined to hold on to their skipper, but the Netherlands international is continually being linked with a move away from the club, with Juventus keeping a close eye on the 28-year-old's situation.

However, Raiola feels that a move to Serie A would be a step in the wrong direction for the attacker, should he leave the Emirates Stadium.

"If he really wants to leave Arsenal for Juventus, he should do everything in his power to make it happen. He should think hard about whether he wants a move to Italy, though," the flamboyant agent told NOS.

"Mario [Balotelli] could join any Italian top club if he wants as well, but you have to take a good look at whether this is the right move.

"In my opinion, the Italian league is only getting worse at this point. Italy should have improved their infrastructure and all that some 10 years ago. I'm talking about stadiums, but also about other facilities.

"I'm not afraid to say that Serie A a third-rate league now. When I started as an agent, Italy was pretty much the promised land. Joining an English club was a punishment.

"Things have changed, though. Players now prefer England, Spain and Germany over Italy, and rightly so."

Raiola's comments come only days after Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's stated that Serie A is not good enough for Van Persie.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy Empty Re: Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy

Post by Eivindo Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I guess someone took a piss at Raiola in Italy Razz Anyway, we dont want an old injury-prone overrated dutch player in Serie A with zero winning mentality. The exact opposite of Juve.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy Empty Re: Raiola advises Van Persie against moving to Italy

Post by Luca Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Funny, he talks about Balotelli too.

When Balotelli had a falling out after his sending off against Arsenal there was a rumour about Balotelli being offered to Juventus by this same mafioso pizzeria owner (to quote Zlatan) and Juventus refusing the option.

Anyways, as much as I like RVP, this is turning into such a PL vs. Serie A debate that I hope he just stays in Arsenal, too many tears being shed over a potential move.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

He is so going to City..He just doesnt want to reveal it now cuz it will cause outrage amongst his beloved Arsenal supporters.

Anyways that will open up a move for either Balo or Dzeko for us albeit Balo would be a bit expensive and i am turning into a Balo fan somewhat..I would love to see him here.

Last edited by Surag on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

It's a bit annoying because Juve has actually treated most of Raiola's players quite well. They overpaid his players when they stuck with Juve when we went down to Serie B and they let most of his players leave at low prices after calciopoli.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Surag wrote:He is so going to City..He just doesnt want to reveal it now cuz it will cause outrage amongst his beloved Arsenal supporters.

Anyways that will open up a move for either Balo or Dzeko for us albeit Balo would be a bit expensive and i am turning into a Balo fan somewhat..I would love to see him here.

He can't go to Man City if Arsenal don't want him to go there. And Arsenal really don't want him to go there, especially Wenger. I have explained this for you 10x atleast. Laughing

Also if you read that article carefully you can see that Raiola is Balotelli's agent and he said: "Mario [Balotelli] could join any Italian top club if he wants as well, but you have to take a good look at whether this is the right move.".

Dzeko on the other hand...... is he the top striker you're looking for?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Sig bet Urban ?

Van Persie will join City before this window closes.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Surag wrote:He is so going to City..He just doesnt want to reveal it now cuz it will cause outrage amongst his beloved Arsenal supporters.

He can't go to Man City if Arsenal don't want him to go there. And Arsenal really don't want him to go there, especially Wenger. I have explained this for you 10x atleast. Laughing

Also if you read that article carefully you can see that Raiola is Balotelli's agent and he said: "Mario [Balotelli] could join any Italian top club if he wants as well, but you have to take a good look at whether this is the right move.".

If that's what the player wants and City offers enough money, I really don't see Wenger or better the Arsenal ownership saying no. Arsenal hasn't exactly blocked transfers of players when they wanted the move in recent years and I don't see that changing now. If you don't move him now, you run the risk of him leaving at a reduced price in January or nothing next summer if they don't get a new contract in place. The motivation to sell RVP is much higher than what Wenger lets on.

If Arsenal want him to stay, they're going to have to pay him at least what Juve is offering or as high as what City is willing to pay him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Juventude wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

If that's what the player wants and City offers enough money, I really don't see Wenger or better the Arsenal ownership saying no. Arsenal hasn't exactly blocked transfers of players when they wanted the move in recent years and I don't see that changing now. If you don't move him now, you run the risk of him leaving at a reduced price in January or nothing next summer if they don't get a new contract in place. The motivation to sell RVP is much higher than what Wenger lets on.

If Arsenal want him to stay, they're going to have to pay him at least what Juve is offering or as high as what City is willing to pay him.

Wenger and Gazidis both said that they wont sell ever to Man City again. They're pissed off because of recent events. And yes Arsenal can stop him even if van Persie doesn't sign a new contract, he still has one year contract remaining. It's just a case if Arsenal really wants him to stay or not.

@Surag, ok.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Talk is cheap for me with Arsenal. They have too much history of selling in recent years for me to believe that they won't sell RVP if that's what he wants and the price is right.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm not saying Arsenal wont sell, but they wont sell to Man City. If he's going I would like him to join Juventus.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm not saying Arsenal wont sell, but they wont sell to Man City. If he's going I would like him to join Juventus.

Well, Robin did say that if he left Arsenal it would not be to another English club if I recall correctly, I take his word in that situation.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum