Who is at fault for the inflated player prices?

+36
Magricos
RobbyV
Yuri Yukuv
Swanhends
Onyx
kiranr
Giovanni10
awalezelin
iNFINITY9910
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
Sushi Master
BAYERN_MUNICH
The Messiah
EarlyPrototype
fatman123
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Ali
Ă–MARz
izzy
Albiceleste
Red Alert
pdolson
Ganso
uzonero
M99
Lord Spencer
Seppuku
BeautifulGame
RedOranje
Vibe
Art Morte
Iceman
Kick
daneq
The BoyWonder
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Who is at fault for the inflated player prices? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is at fault for the inflated player prices?

Post by pdolson Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:53 pm

kiranr wrote:Madrid did not inflate the market. They are paying what they can afford to pay. It is not a fault to be a big brand and to monetize it. It is called competitive advantage and one big power will not lead to inflated prices. Which other club has the spending power of Madrid?

The clubs which inflated the market are Chelsea and Manchester City and other clubs owned by sugar daddies. These clubs have lower revenue and on its own it can never afford to pay what it did over the past few years. This is the source of the ability of the selling clubs to demand huge prices and get them and hence you get inflated prices across the board for all players.

nah madrid started it with it's first galaticos era, which made chelsea have to pay so much for its players. then the second galaticos era, it made man city have to pay so much.

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who is at fault for the inflated player prices? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is at fault for the inflated player prices?

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Not really. Chelsea and Man City both got new owners in order to spend so much.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

the free market is at fault

this is not a mystery.
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
and you call me a 2008 fan boy?

Di Maria - 30 million
Xabi Alonso - 30 million
Benzema - 30 million
Robben - 31 million
Pepe - 27 million
Zidane - 65 million
Ronaldo - 40 million
Beckham - 33 million

This is all from transfermarkt.de btw.

Did you just put Ronaldo and Zidane on a list of non-Ballon D'Or winners?...lol Kudos on cementing your bandwagon-er status...

And how does your list answer the question? The likes of Xabi Alonso and Benzema are surely expensive deals, but are they really "crazy prices"?

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm

bhends wrote:the free market is at fault

this is not a mystery.

I tried to say that, but both sides would rather blame the other. This is just game theory gentlemen, with no mutual understanding and trust between the clubs, thing will spiral out of control.

not that anyone will listen to me or bhends anyway Crying or Very sad

Oh well, might as well join.

ZOMG MADRID, u so much infltedz the market, u bad boy you.

*In comes the Madrid supporter*

No I diin't, youz and City did all that, Ibra anyone. HALA

(then sense jumps out of the window and hits the cold pavement)

Crying or Very sad
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:09 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:Portugese clubs are goooood Very Happy They have supplied us with awesome managers and players so far.

But to be honest, soooo overpriced... i mean would Bayern have an Abramovic in the back i also wouldn't worry about transfer fees....i could say "hey we need player x so lets buy him if its below 40Mil." ... but a club without a financial superpower has always rate the price/benefit ratio.

So in case of Bayern we need 1(2) CB(s) soooo much , but though we wouldn't pay 20 Mil. for Boateng or Alex because its simply to expansive. And if you begin to pay those high prices, every club tries to suck the money out of you in future transfers (eg. ManCity,Real and so on.)

I thought Bayern was pretty rich tbh. They hold on to their assets with pretty high wages and etc. Ribery and Schweinsteiger for example. Even we couldn't match your demands.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Real Madrid, Barca and to an extent milan (not in recent times tho) inflated great once in a generation players

Chelsea & City inflated the prices of average players
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Real Madrid. Maybe a bit of Man City's fault too.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I believe it to be Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo who are responsible for the inflated market. If someone like Arjen Robben for instance is worth 35million euros, and is incomparable to the likes of Messi and CR7, then that why Messi has a 150mil buy out and Ronaldo transfered for 96mil. Its this new breed of super-human footballers I tell you! :coffee:

Because there is something called image rights.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
bhends wrote:the free market is at fault

this is not a mystery.

I tried to say that, but both sides would rather blame the other. This is just game theory gentlemen, with no mutual understanding and trust between the clubs, thing will spiral out of control.

not that anyone will listen to me or bhends anyway Crying or Very sad

Oh well, might as well join.

ZOMG MADRID, u so much infltedz the market, u bad boy you.

*In comes the Madrid supporter*

No I diin't, youz and City did all that, Ibra anyone. HALA

(then sense jumps out of the window and hits the cold pavement)

Crying or Very sad

Seriously....No team "inflated" anything

Selling teams want the highest price possible, and unless the players contract is running out they are either:

A) Going to get the price they want
or
B) Not going to Sell the player

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by cositomilan Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:48 pm

madrid and city Mad
cositomilan
cositomilan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:32 am

Seppuku wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
and you call me a 2008 fan boy?

Di Maria - 30 million
Xabi Alonso - 30 million
Benzema - 30 million
Robben - 31 million
Pepe - 27 million
Zidane - 65 million
Ronaldo - 40 million
Beckham - 33 million

This is all from transfermarkt.de btw.

Did you just put Ronaldo and Zidane on a list of non-Ballon D'Or winners?...lol Kudos on cementing your bandwagon-er status...

And how does your list answer the question? The likes of Xabi Alonso and Benzema are surely expensive deals, but are they really "crazy prices"?

implying I care what you think. 30+ million for an 21 year old unproven kid? Yeah, thats a crazy price.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:33 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:you must be an idiot if you disagree that Barca are also responsible.
Why aren't any of these MADrid fans banned yet? I've reported atleast 10 people and none have recieved any sort of disciple. I'm disappoint

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:you must be an idiot if you disagree that Barca are also responsible.
Why aren't any of these MADrid fans banned yet? I've reported atleast 10 people and none have recieved any sort of disciple. I'm disappoint

You think other posters should be banned for disagreeing with your biased statements and exposing your lack of knowledge regarding your own team?

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 am

Lionel Messi wrote:

Please leave that to us.

Just keep reporting. No need to call us out.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:42 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

Please leave that to us.

Just keep reporting. No need to call us out.
Alright thank you, sorry.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:42 am

Omniscient wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

You think other posters should be banned for disagreeing with your biased statements and exposing your lack of knowledge regarding your own team?

No, for insulting me.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 am

I think people are ignoring something.

It's not only about signing on fees and the amount they pay to seller clubs.

WAGES are also inflated no end. Gareth Barry was making more money than Gerrard and Torres for 2 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 am

clubs became rich, which meant that clubs hold out for higher prices, knowing that they can get them.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4