Lord Awesome
VanDeezNuts
Rebaño Sagrado
Art Morte
Eivindo
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer Empty Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer

Post by Eivindo Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 pm

I guess this means Italy wont exactly catch up with the coefficient points in the CL this year either, thats why everyone hoped Napoli would do better. Damn.

Still, if they can keep getting good results in Serie A with their new players, their scouts must be insane.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer Empty Re: Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Summer 2011 flashback ^^
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer Empty Re: Udinese already sold 3 of their best players this summer

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:24 pm

What happened to Cuadrado?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:25 pm

isla is super hurt so being able to sell him at all is surprising.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Where'd Handanovic go. I rate that guy on par with Cech so surely it must be big team.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

FUUUUUUUUU Udinese.

Now this is exactly the reason why I was hoping Napoli would get that 3rd champions league spot.

Hope they get relegated.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:What happened to Cuadrado?

He will play for Udinese next season as well as Muriel..

Cuadrado is another beast in the making..

They signed many other young players too(posted in rumors thread) across Europe and South America..

Udinese have the best scouts in the world :bow: Wont e surprised to see them making atleast an EL spot next season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Where'd Handanovic go. I rate that guy on par with Cech so surely it must be big team.

Inter. Perhaps they can qualify for the CL this season.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:36 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:FUUUUUUUUU Udinese.

Now this is exactly the reason why I was hoping Napoli would get that 3rd champions league spot.

Hope they get relegated.

Last year when Udinese sold Inler, Sanchez and Zapata all Serie A fans were cursing them for dismantling their team and they only went and improved their league finish to 3rd, qualifying for CL qualis again. So excuse me if I don't take you too seriously this time around x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:43 pm

They do this every year lol.

But Cuadrado and Muriel arriving from Lecce makes up for it.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:FUUUUUUUUU Udinese.

Hope they get relegated.

Last year when Udinese sold Inler, Sanchez and Zapata all Serie A fans were cursing them for dismantling their team and they only went and improved their league finish to 3rd, qualifying for CL qualis again. So excuse me if I don't take you too seriously this time around x)

Lets be honest here, the only reason Udinese got 3rd was because Napoli were distracted by the Champions league last season.

Handanovic is the 2nd best GK in the league only behind Buffon imho,he will be huge huge loss for them.He saved something like 8 penalties last season I believe.They're *bleep* next season I can assure you that.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 pm

7amood11 wrote:They do this every year lol.

But Cuadrado and Muriel arriving from Lecce makes up for it.

Pasquato too? Well, 50% of him is now theirs so I guess it is possible

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:14 am

As I said last season, Udinese own far too much talent to fall significantly in Serie A, they have stakes in about half the players in Italy, however their main issue will remain the same as before, the burden placed upon Di Natale as their most significant goal scorer.

Last season, I expected their lack of a second, consistent goal source to handicap their race for a European spot, however a very solid defence, exemplary home form and poor performances from Inter, Napoli and Roma allowed Udinese to grab third spot even without the likes of Floro Flores being given the time to make themselves a strong alternative to Toto's domination. Rather, modest contributions around the board made up for the gap.

This season, they'll be again forced to deal with the issue and where as last year they were supported by a host of factors conducive to their success, they will have to deal with a Di Natale who is one year older, the potential rise of their rivals and the loss of yet more talent. How significant is each of these factors?

I expect Di Natale to produce another season like his last, not leading the charts but producing a solid goal return as the dominant force once more this season. Udinese have lost the aid of Floro Flores, a mistake in my eyes though given that Guidolin was reluctant to invest time into a partnership between he and Di Natale, this might not be a particular issue. Fabbrini looks set to take a greater role which bodes well for the club both in his ability to provide a more consistent creative threat than Torje and also an ability to hit the back of the net when necessary if he achieves his potential.

The players they are losing? Isla is the second best player in the squad and a huge loss to any team, however it should also be noted that they coped without him for several months at the end of the season after his injury. His contributions through his intelligent movement, work rate and clean use of the ball will not be replaced precisely, however they have shown they are capable of being a functional unit without him. Asamoah is a loss, however one they are well equipped to deal with given their reserves and even since the days of Inler, Guidolin found success through the use of numbers rather than relying upon a sole, controlling figure. Handanovic? A very, very solid keeper who won Udinese a fair number of points through his great work at times, however I'm confident they'll make the right decision in replacing him as they so often do.

What stands between Udinese and another third place in Serie A? The likes of Inter, Roma and Napoli are all quite capable of overtaking them should they invest wisely in the market, however it is too early to comment upon which of these will rise and which will disappoint and I shall reserve comment for the market's close, however I expect that all three have a grand opportunity to gain ground though I suspect Udinese will manage to hold off at least one of these teams by the end of the season. It's too early to say who though.

So are Udinese a threat to make a splash in the Champions League such as Napoli and Fiorentina? Likely no, for a reason I briefly alluded to earlier but failed to talk about in much detail. Udinese are a fantastic team at home and they built their success from this foundation of points. Away from home, they are a good team but prone to the inconsistency which plagued their rivals, both home and away. In the Champions League, the disparity between their identity at the Fruili and in their travels will greatly disadvantage them and whilst their progression to the group stage and beyond will be dependent upon their draw, I can't say I'm at all hopeful. The spot would have been better fought for under Napoli, however Udinese deserve the chance having been the most consistent team and I hope they play to their potential, though I personally have my doubts. In the end, at least it didn't go to Lazio.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamau Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:48 am

Udinese wont consider itself as a big club and they rather to make profit by selling their stars and thats pretty much it

Dreamau
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 pm

its just bad for Serie A that they are competing in the CL thats all, cause they have zero ambition.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Udinesi most likely wont qualify for CL. A CL place wasted for Serie A :facepalm:

wouldnt surprise me if Ligue 1 overtake them in coefficients.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Eivindo wrote:its just bad for Serie A that they are competing in the CL thats all, cause they have zero ambition.

I think it's quite a fair ambition to have to keep your club's future safe and sound. Most clubs whose ambition is the "live the dream" one just go bust in a few years.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Udinese is ok regardless of who they sell...
They obviously think the second goal keeper in the group can step up now which is why they sold Handonovic, if not, they will probably sign Leali from Juventus on loan....
Muriel & Cuadrado are gonna be beast next season...
Also, Ekstrand, Neuton & Pasquato will be major for the team...
If we(Juventus) don't sign Estigarriba, I hope he goes there...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 am

Just a thought that crossed my mind,what if they hadnt sold their best players in these last few years hmm

Their team would be something like this.

Handanovic

Zapata-Benatia-Domizzi

Isla-Asamoah-Inler-Armero

Sanchez-Di Natale-Quagliarella

That's one awesome team right there.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 am

They could never retain such a team, but it is a nice thought
Surprised you didn't fit Basta in there

Quagliarella in a wide role though Mad

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Armero and Cuadrado to Napoli
By Football Italia staff

Napoli will announce the captures of Pablo Armero and Juan Cuadrado from Udinese on Monday, suggests a report in Il Mattino.

The pair are known to be liked by the Azzurri and it seems that a €10m co-ownership deal for the duo has been agreed.

The midfielders are both Colombian and reports suggest that Armero will net a contract worth €700,000 a season, while Cuadrado will be given a €500,000 deal.

Armero is a combative midfielder, while his fellow countryman is a more versatile midfielder who impressed on loan at Lecce last season.

yeahhh....
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:39 pm

I saw Cuadrado play as RB, but since Maggio is there....Will he be back up or play as an attacker?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by quadrotor Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Why do Italian clubs do so many co-ownership deals? What is in it for Udinese to co-own a player but they play for another club?

quadrotor
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 pm

It's mostly to share the financial burden and risk of youngsters and depending on how well they are managed, they can considerably strengthen a club's stability as in the case of Udinese. In some cases, the club simply attempts to turn a profit by using another team to help develop a player in a system which rewards them for their efforts through financial reimbursement for their half of the contract, which encourages them to use the player, as players on loan are sometimes unfairly neglected given their limited use beyond the short term - I'm not suggesting this is common but it happens.

The arrangement allows clubs such as Udinese to lure a steady string of youth players from the larger academies so as to continue this cycle and particularly allows for Udinese to continually sell players whilst never having to fear about the size of their roster or a shortage of talent. For every Asamoah Udinese unload, they have three options to return if need be. Most clubs don't have the contract network that Udinese and Genoa have developed, however the same principles apply, though they are rarely so discretely managed. It certainly has its disadvantages, however given the economic situation in Italy it's not hard to see how it's thrived at the end of the day.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:32 pm

On the note of the two sales, Cuadrado's been no part of the team and so I can't say they'll miss him, however he could have proved to provide crucial depth, though he wouldn't have found an immediate space. He's impressed me more than the likes of Pereya however, so I'm surprised to see this go through in a sense.

Armero completes quite the reshuffle in midfield however. Only Pinzi and Basta remain of the five man midfield, so I'll be intrigued as to who they select as replacements. They've lost a collection of energy and technique which will not be simple to replace, though I personally consider only Isla to be a special talent of the three losses. I doubt they would be committing to such moves unless they felt they could replace them and Guidolin is a very fine manager. I can't see them hitting top gear before the Champions League qualification stage however, they'll surely go crashing out unless they've been keeping an absolute star hidden away from the cameras. Abdi and the like on the periphery of their current squad are a step behind for the moment.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next