lenear1030
Swanhends
McAgger
SchinnerC
FennecFox7
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The curious case of Giovanni Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty Re: The curious case of Giovanni Dos Santos

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 am

Cant believe this guy went from being a starter for us when he was 19 to playing in Ipswich town and Racing.He's extremely talented.Should return to Spain imo.

vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The curious case of Giovanni Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty Re: The curious case of Giovanni Dos Santos

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:23 am

vanDEEZ wrote:maybe its his fault he doesnt get called off the bench?

i just dont think you can blame the clubs/managers for him not playing when hes been with multiple multiple teams.

The only manager he never played under was Redknapp, in every other single team he was a starter.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

Harry was a shit manager who always preferred pace n strength over skill n intelligence

GDS would have been better at a team who would use his talent appropriately.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 am

Will be
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 am

This tard refused a transfer to Udinese last summer. What an idiot he is.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 am

Wants to go to Spain, but yeah I agree it was a stupid decision.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Donuts wrote:

i just dont think you can blame the clubs/managers for him not playing when hes been with multiple multiple teams.
Did he hurt your feelings or something? Why so much hate for unknown reasons lol

no hate what so ever- im not sure where you are seeing the hate, im just stating my opinion.. i think people are very quick to judge the club or manager when a certain player isnt playing, when very often its the player not being able to prove himself in training.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Donuts wrote:

Did he hurt your feelings or something? Why so much hate for unknown reasons lol

no hate what so ever- im not sure where you are seeing the hate, im just stating my opinion.. i think people are very quick to judge the club or manager when a certain player isnt playing, when very often its the player not being able to prove himself in training.
Like said above, he got playing time for all his clubs he got loaned off to, even for Barcelona at the time Messi was blooming and they played the same position. So surely if he got playing time in a Barcelona team with Messi being the competition I'm sure Lennon is not harder..
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:07 pm

if hes getting such great playing time with top clubs like ipswich town, galatasaray, and racing why isnt he being shortlisted by any team?

do you really think tottenham would hold on to a player they barely use if he had a buyer?

and you are talking about dos santos as if he was beating out messi for a starting spot, come on snap back to reality, nearly all his barca appearances were coming off the bench.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm

no player is above just walking into any squad except for the likes of messi and ronaldo..

all im saying is that maybe its dos santos' fault for not playing much for tottenham, maybe arry didnt like how much he partied as its been cited in the media.. and whos to blame for that?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm

GDS has had a lot of off the field...antics. I honestly don't know too much about them, but I know they're there, which is part of it.

What I'm more interested in (ignoring this little debate) is if AVB has any plans for him. He was never going to feature in 'Arry's team cause that's the way Redknapp is, but AVB is quite different.

So if he doesn't leave...could we see a revival? Could he become a starter under AVB? I'd love to see it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:20 pm

I have felt sosorry for him, bundles of talent but never got to showcase it.

Spuds :facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:if hes getting such great playing time with top clubs like ipswich town, galatasaray, and racing why isnt he being shortlisted by any team?

do you really think tottenham would hold on to a player they barely use if he had a buyer?

and you are talking about dos santos as if he was beating out messi for a starting spot, come on snap back to reality, nearly all his barca appearances were coming off the bench.
Do you rate Lennon as a better player then dos Santos, out of curiosity.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:48 pm

of course not but that doesnt mean gds deserves to start over him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:if hes getting such great playing time with top clubs like ipswich town, galatasaray, and racing why isnt he being shortlisted by any team?

Well you hear rumors all the time, the latest are that Malaga and Patetico de Madrid are interested in him.

The thing is, everyone wants to lowball Tottenham, they know they have to make the move and as Billy Beane says, once you get into a situation where you have to make a move you're screwed.

Udinese bid 11m or so last season, but Gio wanted to play it safe and sign with Sevilla and his old manager Marcelino. Sevilla pushed the envelope and only bid 3m or so, Spuds refused and kept him.

Now again they're kinda screwed, everyone will try to lowball them because Gio only has 1 year left contract in his contract. I'm sure Malaga or Patetico will try to bid less than 5m. If AVB keeps him and he gets dissatisfied, he could leave for free next year.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Which is very stupid of the Spurs, to not of sold earlier but hopefully he leaves this summer, he is a very enjoyable player to watch and he does well in Spain.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 am

this guy has always something special... its pretty sad that never got chance because in open game in EPL he could have done lot of damage.

i think its better off seeing him in la liga....

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 am

Scored twice today.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:22 am

AVB seems to want to keep him btw
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

He has only 1 year left in his contract and he seems set on leaving to Spain can't see him staying with Spurs.. AVB wont lose money on him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2