Luca
Le Samourai
Mr Drew
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chiellini vs Canavarro - Page 2 Empty Re: Chiellini vs Canavarro

Post by Twoism Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:02 pm

jibers wrote:Cannavaro,but only by a small margin. The guy has always been error prone like Chiellini and was literally on 'amazing' at the WC. He was crap at Madrid, and even my mates at Napoli, where he grew up, said that he was ovverated.

Him Wining the WC is the equivalent of calling Pepe the best cb in Europe for his performance in the Euros, it was a farce. Michale Owne won the balon D'or, does that make him better than Raul or Henry? does that put him on the same level as R9? people need to have seen this guy play ffs. Thuram was better than him when they both played at Juve, I'm sure none of the la liga fans here watched him week in week out. Utter drivel. 1 WC performance doesnt take away from an error strewn performance. One of the most overtated players in history.

A what now? Dude, seriously wtf, NAPOLI ? Get your facts straight, I followed him since he's 20 years old. He was a kid at Napoli dreamed of playing with his idol Ciro. Development & performance wise, he grown with Parma and went on to form one of the best defensive unit with Buffon, Thuram & Sensini, he played 7 years there ffs. Your perception of history must be really short if he's one of the most overrated players. He's virtually unknown outside Italy when Maldini picked him for NT in 98, underrated inside Italy as well when Nesta got all the shout out. He stopped players like Ronaldo, Shevchenko, Bierhoff, Inzaghi, Batistuta, ADP or Totti at the peak of Serie A many times.

No his WC performance was not the best individually, his Euro 2000 showcase was much more impressive, only shadowed by France victory in the end.

As for the argument, Chiellini still has lots to catch up, we will see in few more years.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:35 am

Chiellini all the way.

Spoiler:
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 am

Potential wrote:
Mr Drew wrote:I agree completely with jibers and kiranr. Just a month ago, before the Euros, everyone was claiming Chiellini was the best CB in the world even ahead of Thiago Silva. Now a month later that Chiellini didnt have the best Euro with Italy everyone claims he isnt even in the same conversation as Cannavaro. Dat knee jerk scratch

Only Juve fans my friend, only Juve fans.

I don't know which Juve fans your talking about but for me Thiago Silva is the best CB in the world no doubt.

But, I think Cannavaro and Chiellini have many similarities.

Also, I believe that Cannavaro is the better defender by a good margin.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:09 am

I think some people are thinking about Paulo Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin