RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S32TABLANCA
Babun
rwo power
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Empty German football club raffles off kit sponsorship

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:00 pm

As SC Rot-Weiß Oberhausen (=RWO - yeah, that's my club ^^) got relegated to the 4th Liga, we did retain most sponsors except for the kit sponsor. So we decided it might be fun to raffle of the free kit sponsor spot between all people who pay 1000 Euros to become a partner of RWO. Guess what - we already managed to earn 116 000 Euros that way. And before you laugh - the whole budget of RWO (including youth teams and everything) is "only" 2.5 million Euros for 2012/13.
If you want to take a look: http://www.rwo-online.de/einer_fuer_alle/ banana

Oh and by the way - in yesterday's test match, we took on PSV Eindhoven and managed to attain a hard-fought 0:0 draw against the Dutch Eredivisie side and Dutch Cup (KNVB Beker) winner!

http://www.rwo-online.de/mediencenter/archiv/newsarchiv.php?news=6056
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Empty Re: German football club raffles off kit sponsorship

Post by Babun Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Congrats, Mäuschen. If there a plan to make the team bigger long term?
What's RWO's concept? By RWO, I mean the team , Mäuschen. I never address you the other way anyway eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Empty Re: German football club raffles off kit sponsorship

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 pm

He might be referring to RWO (team) as mauschen because they are a small club German football club raffles off kit sponsorship 37329810
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 pm

LOL@ RWO=Mäuschen for being a small club Very Happy

@Babun

Well, RWO's motto is "Wir haben alles außer Kohle" (="we have everything but coal/money"), and as we are just in the middle between Gelsenkirchen/Schalke, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Leverkusen, Bochum, Essen, and Duisburg (all within just 35 km = 22 miles !!), you can imagine that most fans prefer to jump on one of the bandwagons. So RWO neither has sufficient fans nor sponsors nor players to really grow. I guess if we get back into the 2nd Bundesliga one day, we are as far as we can go. (1st BL is impossible as RWO could never finance the infrastructure needed).

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship 550px-10

(Leverkusen is just below Düsseldorf, btw)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Haha nice, good result against PSV !

We actually have a pre season-friendly against a 3rd division German team called Chemnitzer FC tomorrow. Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Good times ahead :bow:

hope the club gets promoted
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Haha nice, good result against PSV !

We actually have a pre season-friendly against a 3rd division German team called Chemnitzer FC tomorrow. Very Happy
Thanks! Ah, Chemnitz! Did you know that Michael Ballack started his career in Chemnitz? He played through their youth ranks till 1997 when he transferred to Kaiserslautern.

RealGunner wrote:Good times ahead :bow:

hope the club gets promoted
I hope so, too! At the moment we have to play in the "Regionalliga West" (one of the 4th league sections in Germany: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu%C3%9Fball-Regionalliga ), but it would be very good if we can get back into the 3rd Liga ASAP. The only drawback is that there are only 3 promotion spots and so the 5 Regionalliga champions plus the 2nd placed team from RL Südwest have to fight for one of these three spots.

But then, RWO already managed to get relegated from 2nd to 4th league within 2 years to follow that up by getting promoted back to the second league within the two following years (and two years later we are back in the 4th league...). So why not repeat that (but without the relegation thereafter)? XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm

I didn't until yesterday, when i decided to look them up on wikipedia for some information.

I also found out it will be streamed, so that's good news. Hopefully it's a good game.

They also had a player called Brian Bliss, which for some reason makes me giggle like a little girl Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:34 am

rwo power wrote:

@Babun

Well, RWO's motto is "Wir haben alles außer Kohle" (="we have everything but coal/money"), and as we are just in the middle between Gelsenkirchen/Schalke, Dortmund, Düsseldorf, Leverkusen, Bochum, Essen, and Duisburg (all within just 35 km = 22 miles !!), you can imagine that most fans prefer to jump on one of the bandwagons. So RWO neither has sufficient fans nor sponsors nor players to really grow. I guess if we get back into the 2nd Bundesliga one day, we are as far as we can go. (1st BL is impossible as RWO could never finance the infrastructure needed).

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship 550px-10

(Leverkusen is just below Düsseldorf, btw)
I learnt something new again. RWO sounds like a nice sunny place. Do you have any Bads or Kuren there?
What does your city live off?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:37 pm

@Babun

Well, Oberhausen formerly was a coal mining and steel industry city. With the downfall of these heavy industries, there has been a big scale structural change in the Ruhr Area and nowadays we have new technologies, service and entertainment (CentrO, Gasometer etc) here.

Here are some links to photos and further information:
http://stayka.deviantart.com/favourites/11555961

BTW, it's not so sunny today Razz
http://www.aquarium-marina-oberhausen.de/webcam1.html

Last edited by rwo power on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 pm

it must be really sad supporting a small club.

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Happy1
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 pm

If I was even moderately well off I would totally do something like this

Imagine the possibilities hmm

Does the person who wins get to design their own sponsor logo etc?

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 pm

The Messiah wrote:it must be really sad supporting a small club.

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Happy1
Sad? At least we have no bandwagoners banana

And I'm free to have fun watching any other German club in the Bundesliga without having to feel bad about it because it is some rival or what not.

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Does the person who wins get to design their own sponsor logo etc?
Well, as long as it isn't anything illegal or against the good taste, I would think there is no problem about what you put on there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:47 pm

rwo power wrote:Sad? At least we have no bandwagoners banana

And I'm free to have fun watching any other German club in the Bundesliga without having to feel bad about it because it is some rival or what not.

How did you feel when you guys got relegated to the the 5th division or something lower( I really cant even remember) and I was complaining about Bayern not winning the champions league.

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Baww

Last edited by The Messiah on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:50 pm

The Messiah wrote:How did you feel when you guys got relegated to the the 5th division or something lower( I really cant even remember) and I was complaining about Bayern not winning the champions league.[/img]
Hey, it's just the 4th Liga!! And how I felt? Just fatalistic. I've been there before after all. You know - what goes up, must come down. But it can go up again, too! banana

BTW, I was sad about Bayern not winning the CL, too. It would have been great for German football if they would have won.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm

rwo power wrote:
The Messiah wrote:How did you feel when you guys got relegated to the the 5th division or something lower( I really cant even remember) and I was complaining about Bayern not winning the champions league.[/img]
Just fatalistic. I've been there before after all. You know - what goes up, must come down. But it can go up again, too! banana

BTW, I was sad about Bayern not winning the CL, too. It would have been great for German football if they would have won.

If you were sad about Bayern not winning the champions league, and felt it was predetermined or inevitable for Rwo-Power to get relegated does that not make you a Bayern fan more than a Rwo Power fan..? Are you just hiding from the reality behind a small club, so as to avoid all the detriments that come with supporting a big club but attain the benefits. hmm

Like you said you are afraid of rivalry.

Last edited by The Messiah on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Omg...stfu you ignoramus...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm

The Messiah wrote:If you were sad about Bayern not winning the champions league, does that not make you a Bayern fan but you are just hiding from the reality behind a small club, so as to avoid all the detriments that come with supporting a big club. hmm

Like you said you are afraid of rivalry.
Naw. I was happy for Dortmund to win the German championship, because I think Kloppo is cool. Razz And actually I also hope that Schalke will do well, as I think they have quite a fun team, too. Same for BMG and Hannover96. I'm more like a general fan of German football, you could say. ^^

Which reminds me, there was one thing that made me real furious about RWO nonetheless. We needed to win the Niederrheinpokal to qualify for the DFB-Pokal - and we got kicked out by some village club called Hönnepel-Niedermörmter, wherever that is. That was the reason why I chose to use the FC Basel club logo for a while. But now the new season starts, and I am back with RWO of course. (I wouldn't take up a club logo of another German team but RWO - that would just not feel right ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Imagine having "Great Citizen (Your Name)" Pasted across the front of some clubs shirt hmm

Or maybe just a large picture of your face Lucas-emoticon style Laughing

Oh god the things I could come up with
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:06 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Imagine having "Great Citizen (Your Name)" Pasted across the front of some clubs shirt hmm

Or maybe just a large picture of your face Lucas-emoticon style Laughing

Oh god the things I could come up with
That's where it would go:

German football club raffles off kit sponsorship Rwo-ho12
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Hope you understand that I was just trying to see the other-side of things, as in' I don't know how I would feel if Bayern Munich got relegated to the 4th division.

Although I don't know how I would Feel' but one thing I know for certain is that I will be jealous of top clubs.

Nevertheless I will still supports them, but I'm still seriously trying to figure out how I would feel, base on what I can understand, it would be really hard and sad for me.

As a result of this I can only wish that Rwo power do well and get promoted to 3rd division and slowly to top Bundesliga.

I will not sugar coat my feelings and act as if everything is ok, it will be really sad and as a result of that I wish you guys get promoted.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:08 pm

We should come up with 1,000 euros and submit Goal Legacy for a raffle ticket Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 pm

@The Messiah

Well, thank you Smile

I wish so, too! You know, we were relegated to the 4th division only 7 or so years ago, then got back into the 2nd league with two promotions in successive years and now back to the 4th with two successive relegations. If we manage to get back to the 2nd league in another successive 2 years, then the term "elevator club" will take a totally new meaning Very Happy

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We should come up with 1,000 euros and submit Goal Legacy for a raffle ticket Very Happy
Sounds like a fun idea Very Happy BTW, for those 1000 Euros you'd be listed as partner of Rot-Weiß Oberhausen and get printed in each match program, too. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:26 pm

rwo power wrote:@The Messiah

Well, thank you Smile

I wish so, too! You know, we were relegated to the 4th division only 7 or so years ago, then got back into the 2nd league with two promotions in successive years and now back to the 4th with two successive relegations. If we manage to get back to the 2nd league in another successive 2 years, then the term "elevator club" will take a totally new meaning Very Happy

Everyday I still think about the Chelsea match, still hoping I can erase the pain, I relate my anger every now then. I can only imagine the the pain of getting relegated,' but I can never understand the pain, but that doesn't mean I should bury and Sugar-coat my feelings and act like Madrid fans after a superior team kicked them out.

It's better to understand the pain so you can step up.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Well, let's hope Mario Basler can work a miracle! At least he never hides behind the mountain with his feelings and mercilessly tells the players off if they are lazy. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum