Kick
Onyx
REWB
Eman
BeamsvilleGooner
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Discussing the possibility of Rangers AND Celtic playing in England - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussing the possibility of Rangers AND Celtic playing in England

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:55 am

What is Mole talking about? The Spain and Portugal thing is nothing like England and Scotland. For one. England and Scoltland are actually one country, Head of State is the queen, same passport and Westminster is the seat of goverment, even though Scotland have their own little goverment and can avoid crap like students paying £9000 to go to Uni, England still hold the power. Teams should be playing in the same leagues anyway, we've been one country for 3 centuries. If Scotland get Independence then you have a point, but at this moment, your talking rubbish.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Discussing the possibility of Rangers AND Celtic playing in England - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussing the possibility of Rangers AND Celtic playing in England

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:02 am

Not to mention the English cheering for Andy Murray because of no other option Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 am

kiranr wrote:Not to mention the English cheering for Andy Murray because of no other option Laughing
Well he's British isn't he?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:12 am

Jonathan28 wrote:What is Mole talking about? The Spain and Portugal thing is nothing like England and Scotland. For one. England and Scoltland are actually one country, Head of State is the queen, same passport and Westminster is the seat of goverment, even though Scotland have their own little goverment and can avoid crap like students paying £9000 to go to Uni, England still hold the power. Teams should be playing in the same leagues anyway, we've been one country for 3 centuries. If Scotland get Independence then you have a point, but at this moment, your talking rubbish.

I said in the way they both are bordering countries.....

Anyway they use to be the same country, not anymore and we all know the history behind all that.

You have scottish league, use it. I'm of the belief that no one other than english teams should participate in the Premier League.

Yes Swansea are there but they started from the very very bottom and if this were to happen i would demand that Rangers and Celtic to do the same.

You want to play in our top division? earn it by going through the divisions like everyone else.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:18 am

Jonathan28 wrote:What is Mole talking about? The Spain and Portugal thing is nothing like England and Scotland. For one. England and Scoltland are actually one country, Head of State is the queen, same passport and Westminster is the seat of goverment, even though Scotland have their own little goverment and can avoid crap like students paying £9000 to go to Uni, England still hold the power. Teams should be playing in the same leagues anyway, we've been one country for 3 centuries. If Scotland get Independence then you have a point, but at this moment, your talking rubbish.
I get your point but at the end of the day we don't go to the world cup as Team GB do we?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 am

Also anyone using the Team GB example....

May i remind you that Ireland and Scotland refused to take part and Team GB is an Olympics thing, it would never happen in the professional game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

I said in the way they both are bordering countries.....

Anyway they use to be the same country, not anymore and we all know the history behind all that.

You have scottish league, use it. I'm of the belief that no one other than english teams should participate in the Premier League.

Yes Swansea are there but they started from the very very bottom and if this were to happen i would demand that Rangers and Celtic to do the same.

You want to play in our top division? earn it by going through the divisions like everyone else.

I don't think anyone expects Rangers and Celtics to be slotted straight into the Premier League(although I didn't read the article so I'm not sure if that was written).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 am

I don't expect it to happen either, but only for the reasons I stated on the 1st page. England and Scotland even as one country hav always been sworn enemies, some people refuse to move away from that for some reason. I would have supported Scotland joining England and Wales, but our FA had too much of a inferiority complex.

Whilst on this topic, I feel a need to correct a few misconceptions. United Kingdom and Great Britain are not the same thing. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain but is part of the United Kingdom. Also, Great Britain and Britain are also different. Britain is only England and Wales, whilst Great Britain adds in Scotland. So:-

United Kingdom-England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

Great Britain-England, Wales and Scotland

Britain-England and Wales

Calling the olympic team, Team GB is therefore wrong, as there are atheletes from Northern Ireland taking part. People have complained, and rightly so, i should be called Team UK.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:38 pm

LOL Jonathan Laughing

Discussing the possibility of Rangers AND Celtic playing in England - Page 2 23589743

rofl

I don't see why that should change. That's just nit picking.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
United Kingdom-England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland

Great Britain-England, Wales and Scotland

Britain-England and Wales

Something new you learn everyday. Smile

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

I thought Britain was the part of France closest to GB? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I thought Britain was the part of France closest to GB? hmm

Brittany* and it's not closest, Pas-de-Calais is.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Lex wrote:But then who would watch the SPL? hmm

I wonder how Rangers demotion will impact how many watch SPL now?

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not expert on politics and what have you, but haven't Scotland been trying to distance themselves from England for years now?

The Welsh FA have been upset about their players playing for Team GB in the Olympics. How do you think the Scottish FA would feel about merging with the English FA and having the majority of teams playing in the English league system?

It might be called the United Kingdom, but it really isn't all that united.

Fair enough... there certainly is deep-rooted animosity.

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:01 pm

[/quote]
I don't think anyone expects Rangers and Celtics to be slotted straight into the Premier League(although I didn't read the article so I'm not sure if that was written). [/quote]

The idea is posed as starting in a lesser division I believe...

To remind you... http://lastwordonsports.com/2012/07/16/should-the-premier-league-open-its-doors-to-rangers-and-celtic/

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2