Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:53 am

Pringle is the new Head Coach of the Lakers

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/267895361044090880

LA Times reporting, still hasn't been confirmed by another source though.

edit: Marc Stein RT'd it. Aldridge is tweeting about it also. It's legit.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:32 am

Well D'Antoni should be interesting. I really have no idea how he's going work a system for all 4 superstars.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:58 am

I HATE D'Antoni.

But there's a higher chance Nash would get marginaled under Phil than Kobe would get marginalized under D'Antoni. If he runs normal pick and roll instead of his shoot in 7 seconds nonsense he'll be alright.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm

dmize wrote:

This was just crazy watching gametime, because all the momemtuum was with the Grizz and the crowd were going bannanas. The way he went behind the back on Bron, then thundered it down...with all the 3's they were raining too...the crowd was goin mad lol

I also wanted to say, as controversial as it might be...Lebron has quickly become overrated as a 1 v 1 defender. When he locks in and tries...hes fantastic. But Gay was lighting him up for everything, drives, jumpers and everything in between. The last Heat game I saw was vs Paul Pierce, who was also hitting long jumpers while Bron was happy to let him do.

Anyway, Mike D the new coach...he is no Big chief triangle..

No idea how he is going to spread the floor with Artest and Gasol out there. They need to ship Gasol's ass out for Smith and Korver..and I dont even like Smith that much. Kobe wont like it, but at this point if they want to resign Howard, they need to make it easier and easier for him. Smith gives Pringles his Marion, Korver his Eddie House.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 pm

I am reading the sticking point isnt money regarding Phil.

Apperently the problem was the Triangle only fits Kobe and Gasol, everyone else doesnt have the ability to play it and it takes too long to learn/too complicated to put in midseason.

They also didnt want to wait too long for his answer.

Buss is a moron.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:21 pm

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:

This was just crazy watching gametime, because all the momemtuum was with the Grizz and the crowd were going bannanas. The way he went behind the back on Bron, then thundered it down...with all the 3's they were raining too...the crowd was goin mad lol

I also wanted to say, as controversial as it might be...Lebron has quickly become overrated as a 1 v 1 defender. When he locks in and tries...hes fantastic. But Gay was lighting him up for everything, drives, jumpers and everything in between. The last Heat game I saw was vs Paul Pierce, who was also hitting long jumpers while Bron was happy to let him do.

Anyway, Mike D the new coach...he is no Big chief triangle..

No idea how he is going to spread the floor with Artest and Gasol out there. They need to ship Gasol's ass out for Smith and Korver..and I dont even like Smith that much. Kobe wont like it, but at this point if they want to resign Howard, they need to make it easier and easier for him. Smith gives Pringles his Marion, Korver his Eddie House.

Yeah the crowd absolutely lost it on that play. Memphis' crowds are usually some of the best. Grizz are looking really good; remains to be seen if they're good enough to get past the 2nd round though.

btw imo Rudy has 2 of the top 5 dunks of the year. This one was sick too:

I'm not a huge fan of D'Antoni but I thought he got a bad deal in NY. Lakers defense was dead last under Brown I think, can it get any worse. In fact it was so bad and the rotations so slow that I think it's possible the Lakers were tanking to accelerate Browns firing. At least their offense will be nasty. Nash will be comfortable. Duhon averaged around 11/7 with MDA so maybe he'll get more minutes over Blake when Nash is back.

And getting Smith for Gasol would be a good move, mainly for defense/youth purposes. Frontcourt defense improves which they're gunna need, they get younger, suffer offensively but that can be made up.

Artest is the main problem I see. He hasn't shot well in 2 years. Maybe MDA will give Ebanks more of a chance. He hasn't shot the ball well at all so far this season but I think he's a better shooter at this point than MWP.

edit:

Slow rotations, no rotations at all, standing up straight when they should be in a defensive stance, not cutting off drives, giving too much space to shooters. All these are basic defense and effort issues which leads me to believe they either weren't trying or flat out tanking to get rid of Brown.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:39 am

Phil Jackson alleges that the Lakers lied to him in negotiations

"Saturday morning, [Lakers executive] Jim Buss called to ask if he could come and visit. I didn't solicit or ask for the opportunity but I welcomed both him and [team executive] Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as head coach," Jackson said.

"We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a handshake and an understanding that I would have until Monday [today] to come back to them with my decision. I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D'Antoni to a three-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker fans who encouraged my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility." [...]

Jackson's agent, Todd Musburger, added that media coverage portraying Jackson as being full of demands was inaccurate.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 am

Did anyone hear C-Web on NBA.com talking about D'Antoni.....didnt disagree with what he said, but my god....I actually think he was high. You just gotta listen lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Good points. I def agree with all that.

That video is actually quite shocking..the players are saying otherwise, but I do think they kinda quite on him. Blake was getting burnt as the dude said it isnt really his fault, but Gasol and Howards defensive effort, especially Pau...wow. Looking like Shaq on pick and rolls, the both of them.

LOL at Jamison walking like a 70 year man who shat himself.

LA certaintly need a shooter going forward though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Phil Jackson alleges that the Lakers lied to him in negotiations

"Saturday morning, [Lakers executive] Jim Buss called to ask if he could come and visit. I didn't solicit or ask for the opportunity but I welcomed both him and [team executive] Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as head coach," Jackson said.

"We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a handshake and an understanding that I would have until Monday [today] to come back to them with my decision. I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D'Antoni to a three-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker fans who encouraged my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility." [...]

Jackson's agent, Todd Musburger, added that media coverage portraying Jackson as being full of demands was inaccurate.

Bit of a bitch ass thing to do from the Lakers. No doubt members of that front office do not like Jackson but to sort of go back on a agreement like that is wrong. Give him the time to make the decision or dont.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm

They should just let Mitch handle everything like this.Someone needs to assassinate Jim Buss.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 pm

So the Wolves are 5-2.

Rubio is out, Love is out, yesterday Pek and Budinger got injured as well. I hope everyone can comeback fit and they sneak into the playoffs, they could be a threat.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Shved has looked like a solid player from what Ive seen
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 pm

On topic well compared to that other thread, Franchise link me to these Yao owning videos I need some fap material :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I am tearing up over here man, the good days.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:51 pm

Goddamn I miss Yao
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Such a monster, watched a few clips vs Shaq as well :bow:

Blasphemy Evil or Very Mad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:00 am

Oh the Shaq ones were my favourite. Because to be fair to Howard, he was still young. He would do that to him now anyway, but yeah, Shaq was in his prime.

It was good mostly because everyone thought Yao would just get swept aside, people took him as some kinda Shaun Bradley.

But he held his own mostly. Got dominated in some games, but Yao got him with some blocks and on the offence end hit him with fadeaways.

I dont think its exaggeration to say Yao gave Shaq the most problems defensively and offensively other than Olujuwon. Vlade Divac and Sabonis probably up there too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am

Abramovich wrote:Such a monster, watched a few clips vs Shaq as well :bow:

Blasphemy Evil or Very Mad

With that video, as always, they high on his highlights...he can jump and whatever, but its irrelevant.

Yao was better, dont care what they say. Head to head, Yao bossed him. Thats all I need.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:06 am

Yao was on his way to becoming an all-time great center, shame injuries ended his career. I remember in 07 he was such a beast before he got hurt again. Was putting up nearly 30 ppg for a stretch and was front runner for MVP.

edit: not to mention his impact on basketball was much more than just on the court
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 am

dmize wrote:Yao was on his way to becoming an all-time great center, shame injuries ended his career. I remember in 07 he was such a beast before he got hurt again. Was putting up nearly 30 ppg for a stretch and was front runner for MVP.

edit: not to mention his impact on basketball was much more than just on the court

Im bias as hell but I agree totally.

If we just talk about peak Yao and judge his peak against all the other centers peak....I think he is about 7-10th.

In terms of just peak, no order but better than Yao peak I go; Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russell, Dream, Moses Malone, Robinson and Ewing.

Question is, were Mikan, Walton, Mourning and whoever better?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 am

The Franchise wrote:

Question is, were Mikan, Walton, Mourning and whoever better?

Not sure on Mikan but looking at his stats, I'd say no, he never even shot over 43% as a center? I know there was no 3point line so there was less space but still. Walton was an incredible rebounder but can't even compare to Yao offensively. Mourning is a good comparison... Once again Yao was definitely better offensively while Mourning was the superior defender by a good margin. Off the strength of longevity I give the edge to Mourning but not by much.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 am

Put MWP on the bench for Ebanks :facepalm:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:01 am

Never liked Brown so good riddance.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 am

Jordan Hill is a freaking animal on the offensive glass.

Kobe :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next