Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 pm

I hope Phil dont come back in some ways, I hope he does in others.

I hope he does because he is a great great coach and I love his personality.

On the other hand, it ended very bad last time around and part of that was his health and his inability to coach a disfunctional group without the required energy...I am sure he is well rested, but he is 67 years old who can barely walk.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by pUsHa Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 am

The Franchise wrote:I hope Phil dont come back in some ways, I hope he does in others.

I hope he does because he is a great great coach and I love his personality.

On the other hand, it ended very bad last time around and part of that was his health and his inability to coach a disfunctional group without the required energy...I am sure he is well rested, but he is 67 years old who can barely walk.

Yes , i was thinking about that too ....but he had that knee surgery last year so if he is in good shape i'd welcome him back with open arms ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:29 am

Watching OKC and the Pistons tonight.

Observations so far.

Westbrook is still out of control on his drives. He is real easy to dislike.

Kevin Martin still cant defend.

Monroe is a heck of an offensive player.

Its a sad day when the best scorer in the league also has to be the teams playmaker because the "point guard" doesnt know how/doesnt want to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:33 am

Read the ESPN ticker during the MSU UConn game that said Phil Jackson was open to returning for the Lakers but hasn't been contacted as of this evening, from "sources".

Also, I doubt anyone cares unless you follow college but UConn had its HOF coach retire, it's starting SG, SF, PF, and C either go to the NBA or transfer and still upset #14 MSU in their 1st game. Kevin Ollie Thumbs up :boss: Give this man a contract
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 am

The Franchise wrote:Watching OKC and the Pistons tonight.

Observations so far.

Westbrook is still out of control on his drives. He is real easy to dislike.

Kevin Martin still cant defend.

Monroe is a heck of an offensive player.

Its a sad day when the best scorer in the league also has to be the teams playmaker because the "point guard" doesnt know how/doesnt want to.

I'm gunna switch over to that game in between Celtics 6ers, but yeah Westbrook has been even more reckless than normal, and for some reason is taking a ton of bad 3's. I think he feels like he has to chuck even more this year now that Hardens gone. And Martins still a black hole/turnstyle but I think he's doing well offensively for them, scoring even more than I thought.

OKC's turnovers have been a huge problem and a good amount have come from Durant, who I know is trying to playmake more with Harden gone but those still need to be cut down.

Detroits just bad. Stuckey at 2 guard has been a disaster so far this season. They should dump Prince for whatever at this point also. I want to see if Drummond gets the 15+ min he should. One night he'll get 12-15 min, scores 7 points, 5 reb and the next night he gets 5 min Mad Meanwhile guys like Leonard, Zeller, Ezeli are playing more on better teams. Evil or Very Mad
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah, Dont know why Westbrook thinks his role has changed at all...Martin is every bit the scorer Harden was. Martin is playing very well on the offensive end, he is doing basically what I expected but even more of it.

I think OKC run the offence better wth Maynor, less turnovers and Durant can play his natural role. Shame it aint going to happen, but him, Westbrook, Sef, KD and Ibaka is probably their best balanced line up. Martins in for Sef for offence, Perkins in for interior defence on big men.

Great finish by Drummond just now, needs to play more.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

Mike Brown is a such a big fraud of a coach. The Lakers finally realized that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:04 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, Dont know why Westbrook thinks his role has changed at all...Martin is every bit the scorer Harden was. Martin is playing very well on the offensive end, he is doing basically what I expected but even more of it.

I think OKC run the offence better wth Maynor, less turnovers and Durant can play his natural role. Shame it aint going to happen, but him, Westbrook, Sef, KD and Ibaka is probably their best balanced line up. Martins in for Sef for offence, Perkins in for interior defence on big men.

Great finish by Drummond just now, needs to play more.

Their slipping right now at the end of it, but it was pretty good first half from Detroit.

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Mike Brown is a such a big fraud of a coach. The Lakers finally realized that.

Yup, and they fired the Princeton offense along with him

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224406/Lakers_To_Abandon_Princeton_Offense

good move
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:11 am

I think as soon as he was gone, the offence was. Basically it was put in place because he doesnt run any real offence of his own and they have 4 stars who all wants touches and its a "sharing" type offence.

New coach isnt going to want to play it, so it makes sense.

But yeah Pistons did alright in the first half, faded towards the end. Get the feeling OKC have too many offensive weapons while the Pistons, who are doing decent on the defensive end, probably cant keep it up.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 am

My Warriors are playing the Lakers tonight. Hopefully with all the drama the Lakers are going though we can nick a win. I was hoping Brown would still be there by the time we play them. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 am

The Franchise wrote:I think as soon as he was gone, the offence was. Basically it was put in place because he doesnt run any real offence of his own and they have 4 stars who all wants touches and its a "sharing" type offence.

But yeah Pistons did alright in the first half, faded towards the end. Get the feeling OKC have too many offensive weapons while the Pistons, who are doing decent on the defensive end, probably cant keep it up.

I don't know how accurate this is but Woj wrote an article saying how it was Kobe who came to Brown with the possibility of running the Princeton before they got Nash to keep defenders from collapsing on him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-goes-back-to-school--lakers-switching-to-princeton-offense.html

It has seemed to help Kobe and his efficiency/Gasol but it hurt the rest of the team.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:56 am

SMH @ it taking an 0-5 start for Lawrence Frank to finally play Monroe and Drummond together. And right away Monroe at the top with 2 assists to Drummond down low. Monroes an awesome passer he needs to be playing PF.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 am

22 points 8 rebounds in 21 minutes against the Thunder. The most impressive part though, was 6-9 from the line. Shocked

Pistons lost but that was probably the best they played all year, I guess that's encouraging for them. If they play like that against the Magic they should get their first win.

Ibaka had an awesome game btw. Everyone said he needed to score more and he has so far this year.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 am

I love Jordan Hill.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am

Fecking hell, I'm pissed!! Why couldn't the Lakers keep Brown for one more game Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:30 pm

dmize wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I think as soon as he was gone, the offence was. Basically it was put in place because he doesnt run any real offence of his own and they have 4 stars who all wants touches and its a "sharing" type offence.

I don't know how accurate this is but Woj wrote an article saying how it was Kobe who came to Brown with the possibility of running the Princeton before they got Nash to keep defenders from collapsing on him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-goes-back-to-school--lakers-switching-to-princeton-offense.html

It has seemed to help Kobe and his efficiency/Gasol but it hurt the rest of the team.

I think I could believe that and who am I to doubt Kobe knowledge. I think though if he did indeed ask for that offence, he had in mind the triangle. There is no doubt to me that he would love to play in it, but because hardly anyone knows how to run it, he went for one of the next best thing. I think he just wanted a read and react system, regardless of what it was.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:44 am

The Franchise wrote:
dmize wrote:

I think I could believe that and who am I to doubt Kobe knowledge. I think though if he did indeed ask for that offence, he had in mind the triangle. There is no doubt to me that he would love to play in it, but because hardly anyone knows how to run it, he went for one of the next best thing. I think he just wanted a read and react system, regardless of what it was.

Yeah he probably envisioned the triangle with more cuts, p&rs, off ball screens etc. It was never going to be as effective as the Triangle but not only that the sets were poorly designed. The teams who run the Princeton successfully work and perfect it for ages for it's effective for them. Two months before the season with Mike Brown designing the sets = disaster waiting to happen.

Supposedly there's a "95% chance" Phil Jack will coach again says a source. Take it for what it's worth.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 am

I just realized Rondo is averaging damn near 15/15 coming into tonight. Too bad most of the other players for the Celtics have completely sucked.

I'm also watching this Mavs-Bobcats game and MKG and Kemba are fun to watch. Both play with serious energy on both ends. Kemba with an actual coach and training camp is looking soo much better to start the year. 24 points, 7 assists and 6 steals tonight.

edit: Bobcats beat the Mavs for the first time ever lol. Kemba 26 points 8 steals, 7 assists, 6 rebounds, MKG 25 and 12 boards.

Also Wizards are terrible without John Wall & Nene but I have to give my boy AJ Price props; 12 points and 14 assists tonight. He's honestly a really good backup for Wall when he gets back mainly because he can actually shoot.

Last edited by dmize on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:40 am

Derrick Williams 0-10. It's about time to give up on this guy. How are you gunna be a forward and go 0-10 rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:41 pm

When are we going to correct Dwayne to Dwyane in the thread name? Very Happy
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 pm

Wade's decline might require a change of thread name altogether hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Wade's decline might require a change of thread name altogether hmm

This lol

On the subject, the Heat are so annoying to watch at times. The superstar calls they get, its unrivalled lol

Its not any one player, its just the team as a whole. The calls they getting vs the Grizz, some of them...just smh.

Anyway, the Grizz doing a great job so far. The interior passing they have is fantastic, they also are shooting it from deep which is something they dont always do well. They are tailor made to beat the Heat actually, the inside presence, offensive and defensive rebounding to go along with multiple scoring threats. Randolf having his way the offensive end.

The only thing hurting them is turnovers, but they at least are turning it over out of play so the Heat cannot run on the break to take advantage. They dont take all that many 3's and long jumpers either (and when they do they are hitting them so far), so Heat are struggling to run on those either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:06 am

Grizz beating the breaks off the Heat now.

They are shooting incredibly well from 3, going 7 for 12...you cant expect they keep this up in the second half though.

If they do, they win...if they dont then its going to go down to the wire.

Gay with a huge block, vollyball style...his 2nd block of the game after he pinned Brons lay up attempt earlier. He is actually playing much better defence than the past.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 am

Lakers have offered Phil Jackson the job, he will decide tommorow if he wants to take it.

He is healthy, no issues at all and he likes the team.

I wonder how he will fit in Nash..he really doesnt fit the triangle offence. At least he can pass and shoot, but we all know Nash's style and it isnt about cutting off the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:27 am

LA Times is saying Phil wants full control of operations, 18m a year and limited travel with the team. If that's true wtf.

"The L.A. Times is reporting that former Lakers' coach Phil Jackson met with team management Saturday, and is reportedly ready to take over the team for a third stint following Friday's unexpected dismissal of Mike Brown. However, a source close to the Lakers tells FoxSportsWest.com that while Jackson is definitely at the top of the list, there is no guarantee anything will be worked out between the two sides.

However, his return is not as assured as some might think. While Kobe Bryant and Magic Johnson have gone on the record saying the 67-year-old Jackson is the right man for the job, the former coach himself might not truly believe it.

Rumors circulating throughout the league say that Jackson is asking for total control of the basketball operations department, limited travel with the team, and wants to be paid around $18 million per season."

I know PJ has been wanting to get into general managing but the Lakers wouldn't force out Mitch, would they? He's 7 years younger and undoubtedly a better GM.

The Lakers also met with Dunleavy today. I don't even know why they're considering him. He's average.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:25 am

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next