kiranr
Vibe
Cassius
Rossoneri Ninja
Potential
40 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If you can't beat them, buy them! - Page 4 Empty Re: If you can't beat them, buy them!

Post by Abramovich Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 pm

Someone wants the Berlin wall back silent

Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

If you can't beat them, buy them! - Page 4 Empty Re: If you can't beat them, buy them!

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:00 pm

che wrote:of course noone accused him of ruining football, he was the only one doing it large-scale for more than a decade in pre-internet age... not comparable to the current influx of bored billionaires

and it's definitely more forgivable if a local does it, berlusconi is a lifelong milan fan, the hoffenheim guy supports a club he used to play for... you can understand they feel passion for their team... meanwhile i'd hazard a guess that mansour wasn't going to sleep in man city pyjamas 30 years ago

That really makes no difference what so ever. It's the same action. I don't understand why in your eye's we have to "forgive" people for buying teams and making them the best they can be under the current rules that were set by the generation before them.

Again, when people buy a large team it seems to be OK but when they buy a smaller team then all hell breaks loose because there not allowed to be good to some people. It breaks the social balance there used to or something, I really don't understand it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Abramovich wrote:Aka you have to be a true fan with ties to the club to be a true fan scratch , only true fans of the club can spend shit loads of money on their club because they are true fans :bow:

he said its more understandable if a local does it.... and it makes hell alot of sense.... compare to someone like psg and man city owners, which seem like they were just bored of buying cars and now buying football teams... it makes perfect sense to me
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Che :bow:

I understand what your saying and completely agree about everything.

No one said you have to be local but as che said when a person has been a life long fan/or have some credible ties to the club it's a lot better than some random money bag using your club for publicity/money/boredom.

I feel for Chelsea fans because although they weren't really that relevant years back they were still a decent club, my dad used to follow them as a boy, and I can understand it must be frustrating for any success you get to be discredited because a rich russian made the team global and successful but truth be told that is the reason.

Deffo a sensitive topic for Chelsea fans lol

City and to a lesser extent PSG don't get the same sort of sympathy from me.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:05 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

Again, when people buy a large team it seems to be OK but when they buy a smaller team then all hell breaks loose because there not allowed to be good to some people. It breaks the social balance there used to or something, I really don't understand it.

oh ffs... of course they're allowed to be good, but BY THEIR OWN MEANS

sevilla were a segunda team a decade ago, they rose up on their own, even put up a serious title challenge, and are now a solid european team

udinese... napoli... newcastle since they got relegated... noone's bothered by new teams emerging when they do it through good management and scouting, not through winning the owner lottery

honestly, this is quite possibly the stupidest argument you've put up yet
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:07 pm

You'd have to be super naive to think that the only thing owned by foreigners in Europe are football clubs Laughing

Europeans have been whoring themselves out to foreigners for decades. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:08 pm

As a matter of fact, Dietmar Hopp supporting Hoffenheim is a bit different from takeovers in other leagues as he doesn't have the majority in the club according to Bundesliga rules. He only supports the club financially as he grew up in the region, but in the end the Hoffenheim board has the majority and thus gives the directions.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 pm

tonger wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Aka you have to be a true fan with ties to the club to be a true fan scratch , only true fans of the club can spend shit loads of money on their club because they are true fans :bow:

he said its more understandable if a local does it.... and it makes hell alot of sense.... compare to someone like psg and man city owners, which seem like they were just bored of buying cars and now buying football teams... it makes perfect sense to me

That's fine, but there is nothing wrong with the other's doing it. So if the Man City buyers said they have been following City for a while then everything would be OK and no one would have issues with it? I don't think so.

This may shock some of you but guess what, some of the owners of teams are not even huge football fans OMG. Who cares, really. It's there money let them do with it what they want.

If teams wanted to stop them they wouldn't sell them players but the people whom some of you praise like AC Milan's owner and the owner of other big clubs were quick to sell out and get rid of there best players when they smelled that money, so who should you really be mad at.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Zealous wrote:You'd have to be super naive to think that the only thing owned by foreigners in Europe are football clubs Laughing

tbh considering europeans owned pretty much the entire world for centuries it's about time we give something back to the less fortunate :coffee:

dnmac4 wrote:
If teams wanted to stop them they wouldn't sell them players but the people whom some of you praise like AC Milan's owner and the owner of other big clubs were quick to sell out and get rid of there best players when they smelled that money, so who should you really be mad at.

:facepalm:

yes that's how it works, if a super rich club comes in for one of your players you can just say no without any further concerns about the player's wishes

jesus christ...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

che wrote:yes that's how it works, if a super rich club comes in for one of your players you can just say no without any further concerns about the player's wishes
Ever heard about a certain Felix Magath? He can do that Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:20 pm

yea, and everyone hates him Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 pm

che wrote:
Zealous wrote:You'd have to be super naive to think that the only thing owned by foreigners in Europe are football clubs Laughing

tbh considering europeans owned pretty much the entire world for centuries it's about time we give something back to the less fortunate :coffee:

dnmac4 wrote:

:facepalm:

yes that's how it works, if a super rich club comes in for one of your players you can just say no without any further concerns about the player's wishes

jesus christ...

That's right, you couldn't take less money from one of the other clubs chasing the player. Only one super rich team is in the market for that single player every time. Wow that's really putting the blindfold on.

Teams don't sell to there rivals all the time even if it means getting less money at times. They could do the same here if they wanted to or even cared but they don't as you seem to be the only one who does.

Teams will whore out for money until the game of football ends, deal with it. A lot of teams lined up for Man City's money so blame them not City for being willing to do what ever it takes to take there club to the top.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:25 pm

rwo power wrote:
che wrote:yes that's how it works, if a super rich club comes in for one of your players you can just say no without any further concerns about the player's wishes
Ever heard about a certain Felix Magath? He can do that Very Happy

Bayern do it all the time and so do other clubs, it's not rare.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:37 pm

che wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

oh ffs... of course they're allowed to be good, but BY THEIR OWN MEANS

sevilla were a segunda team a decade ago, they rose up on their own, even put up a serious title challenge, and are now a solid european team

udinese... napoli... newcastle since they got relegated... noone's bothered by new teams emerging when they do it through good management and scouting, not through winning the owner lottery

honestly, this is quite possibly the stupidest argument you've put up yet
Tell me, how did AC Milan become the European powerhouse that they are today?

I'll wait to see if you know at all.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Good thing it ain't about Racism anymore.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Keep the poor poor and make the rich richer banana
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:Che :bow:

No one said you have to be local but as che said when a person has been a life long fan/or have some credible ties to the club it's a lot better than some random money bag using your club for publicity/money/boredom.

I feel for Chelsea fans because although they weren't really that relevant years back they were still a decent club, my dad used to follow them as a boy, and I can understand it must be frustrating for any success you get to be discredited because a rich russian made the team global and successful but truth be told that is the reason.

Its a really stupid point, tbh. Bates changed our culture for the good in the 90's and if it weren't for the huge investments he started making in the mid 90's, we wouldn't have a Zola or a Gullit or a Di Matteo or a Vialli, etc. He put the club in a very good position and then RA took over in 2003. You're telling me that its OKAY for Bates to own CFC but not RA? Bates grew up supporting QPR ffs! :facepalm: It was strictly business.

I guess if you're not English you're not allowed to own a club because you probably aren't a childhood fan of the club, or maybe if you're an owner and you spend your personal finances on a club you own then its a crime. :facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:50 pm

You know, if you are so adverse to foreign ownership of clubs, you really should consider to support one or the other Bundesliga club :coffee:

We still have terrasses and beer in the stadiums and low ticket prices, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:Che :bow:

Its a really stupid point, tbh. Bates changed our culture for the good in the 90's and if it weren't for the huge investments he started making in the mid 90's, we wouldn't have a Zola or a Gullit or a Di Matteo or a Vialli, etc. He put the club in a very good position and then RA took over in 2003. You're telling me that its OKAY for Bates to own CFC but not RA? Bates grew up supporting QPR ffs! :facepalm: It was strictly business.

I guess if you're not English you're not allowed to own a club because you probably aren't a childhood fan of the club, or maybe if you're an owner and you spend your personal finances on a club you own then its a crime. :facepalm:

It's such stupid thinking. I don't where it came from.

To even have the opportunity to be a billionaire and have the chance to have a crack at buying your boyhood club you were a fan of is so small it's incredible.

It's probably much smaller then winning the Lottery yet that's what brain surgeon's on this board expect.

And if your a billionaire and your boyhood team was Barca or Madrid then I guess your just never allowed to buy a football club by these just unrealistic and flat out stupid rules.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm

dnmac4 wrote:And if your a billionaire and your boyhood team was Barca or Madrid then I guess your just never allowed to buy a football club by these just unrealistic and flat out stupid rules.
Why are these rules stupid? *curious*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:55 pm

rwo power wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:And if your a billionaire and your boyhood team was Barca or Madrid then I guess your just never allowed to buy a football club by these just unrealistic and flat out stupid rules.

Are you serious, I really can't tell?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:57 pm

rwo power wrote:
He's talking about the way some people here make it seem like it's only acceptable to own a club if they had been childhood fans of it, as if it were a rule.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Are you serious, I really can't tell?
Well, I'm German and I think the Bundesliga 50+1 rule that prohibits foreigners buying out our teams is just perfect.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:00 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
He's talking about the way some people here make it seem like it's only acceptable to own a club if they had been childhood fans of it, as if it were a rule.
Oh, I see. It is just that I prefer how the Bundesliga is managed to leagues like EPL or La Ligue etc where people can just buy clubs as their playthings.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm

rwo power wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Oh, I see. It is just that I prefer how the Bundesliga is managed to leagues like EPL or La Ligue etc where people can just buy clubs as their playthings.
So what if a German Billionaire came in and bought your club. It would be okay then? scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

rwo power wrote:You know, if you are so adverse to foreign ownership of clubs, you really should consider to support one or the other Bundesliga club :coffee:

We still have terrasses and beer in the stadiums and low ticket prices, too.

I dont think anybody is feeling 'adverse' to foreign ownership of clubs..More like the massive inflation caused in the market by clubs like PSG and City buying whoever they want as opposed to prudent spending which is in turn making it difficult for traditional powerhouses to compete in the market.

People like Hoeness is lashing out at such clubs for that reason.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next